Seoni auto recharge power not working

Iron Giant

Question

10 answers to this question

Everytime she uses a Necklace of Fireballs, she is forced to roll.

Ironically enough, for whatever reason, the devs (the board game ones) decided that the Necklace doesn't need the Arcane trait, so everything's as expected there.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Ok.  So now that I look at the screenshots, I see that Arcane is not listed in the list of traits (Accessory, Magic, Attack, Fire) despite the fact that it requires an Arcane 9 roll to recharge it.

However, I would still say this is a bug.  What is the point of Seoni's power if Arcane recharge items will not be allowed to have the Arcane trait, forcing her to roll for them anyway?

Ok.  So now that I look at the screenshots, I see that Arcane is not listed in the list of traits (Accessory, Magic, Attack, Fire) despite the fact that it requires an Arcane 9 roll to recharge it.

However, I would still say this is a bug.  What is the point of Seoni's power if Arcane recharge items will not be allowed to have the Arcane trait, forcing her to roll for them anyway?

There are lots of items that have the Arcane trait, and can be auto-recharged by Seoni.  That Sihedron lacks the Arcane trait is a question of balance - a powerful effect with a little added risk, in Seoni's case, forcing you to consider its inclusion.  It's certainly worth considering whether it is a correct design choice, but it is clearly a deliberate design choice.

Ok. Now I see. So now the fact that the Sihedrion amulet recharges with out needing a roll sometimes seems like the actual bug... As far as all these items NOT having the arcane trait, well which ones do? None? Seems like Seoni got screwed here and picking that power is a waste, but it looks like that was a deliberate design decision and not a bug. Wish I could take it back, it's worthless she can only auto recharge items that she would almost certainly have rolled to recharge anyway...

Ok. Now I see. So now the fact that the Sihedrion amulet recharges with out needing a roll sometimes seems like the actual bug... As far as all these items NOT having the arcane trait, well which ones do? None? Seems like Seoni got screwed here and picking that power is a waste, but it looks like that was a deliberate design decision and not a bug. Wish I could take it back, it's worthless she can only auto recharge items that she would almost certainly have rolled to recharge anyway...

Well, that would depend on other aspects of her build. Sure, if you are a min/max player, she'll have pushed Charisma as far as it'll go and - at least at AP4 - is likely to succeed at recharge. But other builds are possible and these may benefit more from this power - or perhaps taking it later in the build would be more beneficial. Discovering this stuff is all part of the game, surely? Working with design decisions and optimising around that is part of the fun, isn't it?

Having said all that, there's been discussion of a possible character editor that may - or may not - make it into the player tools. This would (potentially) allow for rebuilds. I'd see this as a great sink for Gold - 2000 Gold per rebuild.

• Like 1

This would (potentially) allow for rebuilds. I'd see this as a great sink for Gold - 2000 Gold per rebuild.

Mm, how about not. Setting me back with 4 chests (because, let's face it - this will be everyone's point of reference) just to compensate for bad design and/or outright BUGGED powers (Meri's Inspired Dexterity until last patch, I think I also read about bugs with Harsk's Reload and one of Kyra/Seelah powers not working...) doesn't sound very good to me. The devs should *willing* to stimulate replay value (which the respecs would allow) rather that giving players the choice "lose your Gold or start from scratch, if you want to try out a different build". *Especially* considering the over-restricting limit of 24 characters!

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.