Wael and animancy....

I regard wael as being more of an reason for his priests to pursuit knowledge and philosophy. They know that wael is incomprehensible, that they will never be able to comprehend him. So they rather spend their time as collectors if knowledge, as scholars, poets, philosophers.... We see that perfectly in Defiance Bay, where the Temple of Wael is actually an library. This is unique, as it is a major difference to all other religions or even gods inside of PoE: the priests of wael do not relie on their God to understand the world, they believe that they must understand the world to understand their God.

So, what would te wael's priest's view on animancie be? I feel like they'd be supportive,, as it helps them further in their pursuit to understand the workings of their God...

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Completely agreed. In fact, to say that Wael is the god of mystery is just like saying that he's the god of knowledge. And in PoE, great knowledge comes from the manipulation.. or just reading of the souls.

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Which would also make a wael priests such an interesting watcher... it really fits if you look at it from that aspekt. 

Hooray, an interesting alternative to a cipher  :teehee:

And everybody knows

Nope, going full quaterstaff right now... Which is kind of awful cause she's a wood elf. But o well... That's okay.

I find it an optimal choice instead, since the cleric of wael is the only one that can effectively be built as a support cleric, as it fights always from the second line, which is how a cleric is supposed to be... and all this while taking your patron deity's talent, so +10ACC. Awesome.

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I believe an argument could be made that Wael would actively hide the truths that can be found in animacy from his faithful because a greater understanding of animacy can give a kith the ability to discovery the true nature of the Eora pantheon. What God of knowledge AND mystery would want any of their faithful to so completely understand them?

Edited by boffmoffet

Depends from the point of view. Encouraging knowledge (think of the library) is no stranger thing for Wael. Mystery can be seen as a first step, a thing from which you start to seek for knowledge.

Mystery -> Research -> Animancy -> Knowledge

Slacker has a very good point... In my opinion, it almost seems like wael is challenging the priests to understand him and the world. He doesn't want clerics, he wants philosophers, scholars and scientists (and my main is a philosopher... How fitting ;) ).

And everybody knows

I regard wael as being more of an reason for his priests to pursuit knowledge and philosophy. They know that wael is incomprehensible, that they will never be able to comprehend him. So they rather spend their time as collectors if knowledge, as scholars, poets, philosophers.... We see that perfectly in Defiance Bay, where the Temple of Wael is actually an library. 

The head priestess in Defiance Bay is kind of an unusual priest of Wael though. She punishes you for being Deceptive, rewards Honesty, and seems pretty Rational in her behaviour.

I'd say most of his priests would probably be more interested in questions than answers, unless those answers lead to more questions. If you asked them for advice you'd be much more likely to get something like a Koan that doesn't seem to relate to your question at all than a straight answer.