NHL 2016-2017 The Return of the Panthers!

Guard Dog

Look who was watching the Predators beat the 'Hawks:

14563488_1791940567731316_67687012307639

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is the dog what were are supposed to be seeing?  

I'm interested to see how the Sharks respond to making it the the Finals last year.  I hope they can keep the momentum going and have a great season.  We've only got a few more left with the current core that has been so good for so long.  

The cats lost Huberdueau in the win against the Devils. That sucks. That sucks a lot. They spent a lot on 2nd tier free agents this off season. They definitely added experience to the young core of the team. So far it seems to have jelled. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is the dog what were are supposed to be seeing?  

I'm interested to see how the Sharks respond to making it the the Finals last year.  I hope they can keep the momentum going and have a great season.  We've only got a few more left with the current core that has been so good for so long.  

A dog at a hockey game is very unusual. A dog at a hockey game in a $200 seat even more so.

Thomas Sowell

I've got the Panthers pre-game show on my XM radio blasting over my outside speakers. I just made a turkey sandwich and a big glass of unsweetened iced tea with lots of lemon. I'm going to sit on my front porch and listen to the game.

GO PANTHERS

Thomas Sowell

" They definitely added experience to the young core of the team. So far it seems to have jelled. "

Young 'core' on a team where their best player is  45000 years old. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

" They definitely added experience to the young core of the team. So far it seems to have jelled. "

Young 'core' on a team where their best player is  45000 years old. L0L

Nah, not the best. Definitely in the top three though. The best is Eckblad. 

Thomas Sowell

• 4 weeks later...

Panthers vs Sharks in Florida tonight. The Cats are eating fried shark-fin tonight!

Thomas Sowell

Jagr needs to step it up. He's making my claim just a few posts ago look like one of you others made it. ie. wrong. :(

Yeah he's a little off. 6 points in 14 games. I wonder if time is finally catching him? They choked on another lead tonight. It's becoming a bad habit.

Thomas Sowell

• 2 months later...

Time to revive this thread. Patrick Marleau scored 4 goals in the 3rd period the other night, and is just a couple away from the 500 mark. He's taken a fair bit of criticism over his career, but I've always loved to watch him play and hope he stays with the Sharks until he retires. He is also nearing 100 game-winning goals, which is crazy. 

He doesn't have the award hardware you'd expect given his numbers, but the guy has just been a consistently good player for nearing 2 decades. I'm hoping him and Thornton get another run at the Cup to top it off.  :) 

The "everyone gets a point" Panthers played an OT game again tonight. Only, will wonders never cease, they managed to win one. This season has been a textbook example of how to ruin a program.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 months later...