Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game frozen!

Best Answer Aarik D , 24 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologies to everyone that is still experiencing this bug. We have indeed fixed the bug, however, those who are still affected by it should be able to forfeit the game. This seems to be true for Quest mode, but if you are in story mode, we have been seeing reports that they are unable to forfeit the game.

My Quest Mode game is still stuck after the patch and I cannot forfeit.

Hey runslikeawelshman,

Please uninstall and reinstall the game. That will remove your quest mode data that is stored on your device. All of the other data is stored in the cloud, so don't worry about losing any of your characters or purchases. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

I merged all the topics that seemed to be about the same game freezing issue.

This is great (though it makes for slightly confusing reading as replies from pre-merging are now interwoven). Any chance that the thead title could be changed to something that might prevent more new threads spawning? Perhaps it could be pinned and be titled "Game hangs/frozen after Kyra Exorcist's Heal/Continue"
  • runslikeawelshman likes this

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1979 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm completely stuck at this too for days. You cannot do anything, you can't even forefit. :(

mmassuk

mmassuk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
Hi-just wanted to echo the same problem. I'm playing on my iPad, so the save file is less accessible. On defeating an undead, or outsider, Kyra gets the option to heal or continue, and the game freezes regardless. The only way to unlock is to restart the game, then forfeit. Currently I can't proceed with the scenario. Any suggestions would be welcome.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

So sorry guys this is a bug with Kyra's power Purge Undead, either option will break progression. This has been fixed and will go out in a patch.

• Jaesun and runslikeawelshman like this

runslikeawelshman

runslikeawelshman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts

So sorry guys this is a bug with Kyra's power Purge Undead, either option will break progression. This has been fixed and will go out in a patch.

Any clues as to when that patch might be released? I'm traveling this weekend and need something to do!

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

Thanks SB.  Lookin' forward to the patch.

If I let undead beat Lyra up, does that get around the problem?

Smilla23

Smilla23

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Same problem with me - two parties now stuck/frozen - good to know that a patch is coming!!!

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

The patch that fixes it will be the next patch released: 1.1.4.3. However there's no ETA, but OBS have at least posted a "patch preview" http://forums.obsidi...eview-for-1143/. I hope this means that it's likely to happen this week as my game is pretty much dead due to this bug and to the Quest level cap not being lifted with 1.1.4.

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1557 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The patch that fixes it will be the next patch released: 1.1.4.3. However there's no ETA, but OBS have at least posted a "patch preview" http://forums.obsidi...eview-for-1143/. I hope this means that it's likely to happen this week as my game is pretty much dead due to this bug and to the Quest level cap not being lifted with 1.1.4.

Patch seems to be up on iOS.  I imagine google play should have it now too.

Ataradan

Ataradan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
Yes, patch is up. But after installing it it didn't fix the kyra hanging problem. Didn't test the goblin fix.

renedq

renedq

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts

Yes, patch is up. But after installing it it didn't fix the kyra hanging problem. Didn't test the goblin fix.

Confirmed the Kyra bug is still around on iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.2

Tried from the autosave point before making the choice, not from before the undead was encountered.

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts
Agreed. Resumed my game at the point at which I was looking at the Continue/Heal buttons, hit Heal and... dead game. So one patch, no change.

Clearly, it's not just a bug limited to the functionality of the buttons, there's something else there. Did I hear anyone say "testing"?

Edited by mccrispy, 24 October 2016 - 01:57 PM.

Paabo

Paabo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
Just throwing my hat into the "me too" ring. Seems like this has been a problem for the past two patches. Can we get some info from someone in the know as to how many more patches will be released before this very specific, game-breaking bug is fixed?

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologies to everyone that is still experiencing this bug. We have indeed fixed the bug, however, those who are still affected by it should be able to forfeit the game. This seems to be true for Quest mode, but if you are in story mode, we have been seeing reports that they are unable to forfeit the game. 

To correct this issue you will have to delete your story save and reform your party with a new save. Don't worry, you won't lose any progress.

Deleting a save without losing any progress:

1. Close the game
  2. Relaunch Pathfinder Adventures
  3. Tap on Story
  4. Delete the affected save
  5. Make a new party
  6. Tap on the Experience Button
  7. Reform your party

Hope that helps! Again we apologies for the inconvenience.

Paabo

Paabo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
Thank you :D

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts
Fixed but not fixed. Wonderful.

runslikeawelshman

runslikeawelshman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts

Hey everyone,

obiwanshinobi

obiwanshinobi

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Hey everyone,

To correct this issue you will have to delete your story save and reform your party with a new save. Don't worry, you won't lose any progress.

1. Close the game
  3. Tap on Story
  5. Make a new party
  7. Reform your party

nope didnt help

and i lost everything that i had done up to that point as well.

leveling, completed scenarios, gear, everything.

had to start over...

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey everyone,

1. Close the game
  3. Tap on Story
  5. Make a new party
  7. Reform your party

nope didnt help

and i lost everything that i had done up to that point as well.

leveling, completed scenarios, gear, everything.

had to start over...

Are you sure you selected the correct party members? Do you have multiple of the same characters? Make sure to check their levels.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3233 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!
✓  Best Answer

Hey everyone,

Hey runslikeawelshman,

Please uninstall and reinstall the game. That will remove your quest mode data that is stored on your device. All of the other data is stored in the cloud, so don't worry about losing any of your characters or purchases. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users