Game frozen!

runslikeawelshman

Question

Playing in Quest mode. Kyra defeated a Spectre at the Treacherous Cave. She has the power that lets her heal after defeating an Undead. The prompt pops up, but choosing either option (Continue, Heal) causes the game to freeze completely. Have to shut down the app and reopen, but it goes back to the prompt with no other way around it.

iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologies to everyone that is still experiencing this bug. We have indeed fixed the bug, however, those who are still affected by it should be able to forfeit the game. This seems to be true for Quest mode, but if you are in story mode, we have been seeing reports that they are unable to forfeit the game.

My Quest Mode game is still stuck after the patch and I cannot forfeit.

Hey runslikeawelshman,

Please uninstall and reinstall the game. That will remove your quest mode data that is stored on your device. All of the other data is stored in the cloud, so don't worry about losing any of your characters or purchases. 

When Kyra defeats an undead, and gets the option of heal or continue, after selecting one, the game just hangs. Multiple restarts don't help. Deleting and making a new party just means I can play until she gets another undead and hands again.

HTC nexus 9 on Android 7.0

I have the same problem. Kyra got the option to heal or to continue, selecting either freezes the game with no option of proceeding or backing out. None of the buttons are responsive when this happens. After quitting (using Force Stop), the game returns me to the moment where I have to choose to either contine or heal again, with the same results. I tried backing out and forfeiting before I make the choice, but when the choice is presented, the only responsive buttons are "Continue" and "Heal" so there is no way of preventing the game from eventually locking up.

As others have said, this is in Story Mode so there is no way of continuing without deleting the save and starting another, in which the same problem will present itself again, eventually.

Right now I have just quit the game at the moment the problem occurs and will wait for a fix. I hope this can be patched without me having to delete my save game :)

Same here. Bug fix is needed urgently.

After defeating undead, chose to heal, cannot do anything, no dragging, forfeiting, ...

Tried to exit, after restarting app and continuing, I get to option to heal or continue again, but neither choice makes a difference, still stuck.

Playing Kyra, Merisiel and Seoni, Story mode, AD 4-4, Android 5.0.1, Asus P01T

Haegar 72 #3248

PFID-F4D0E07FF3F106BF

Newest Game patch 1.1.4.1

Ver 662-20161014

Please help and advice what to do.

Have you tried to manually drag a card from discard pile to the playing deck?

When they say that the game hangs, that's what they mean: it hangs, there are no game elements that respond to input. You can't drag anything anywhere, not cards zoom, no buttons do anything other than click. The. Game. Hangs.
  • Like 1

As you might suspect, I'm here to post "me too" and "+1" on this bug. I'd also point out that killing the game does bring you back to the choice between Continue/Heal, but it doesn't matter which you choose, the game will still hang. I don't know whether you can avoid the initial hang by always choosing Continue rather than heal when Kyra defeats Undead, but certainly once you've triggered the problem you are stuck until (I suspect) you delete your game.sav.

Yup, same thing happened to me. Game is stuck after Kyra's Heal or Continue option; no matter which option I choose, the result is the same -- nothing becomes even "select-able". Can't reset thru the Vault, can't forfeit, can't even select other characters in the party or look at the map; just can't do anything.

(for reference, the only three icons that trigger any kind of response are the gear and chest in the lower left corner, insomuch as they briefly flash when selected as if the game recognizes a command being made but then nothing happens .. and the third button that triggers any response is the middle left of the screen where you can view the scenario-specific rules -- if I select it, it lights up as if selected, but then just stays lit up and doesn't proceed beyond that)

-Chris

I merged all the topics that seemed to be about the same game freezing issue.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Game "hangs" in Under Jorgenfist adventure. Kyra defeated the Deathweb, with a restoration displayed and the option buttons to: Continue or Heal. The buttons react, but after that nothing reacts anymore, not even the buttons to forfeit.

Only option is to close the app.

After closing the app and loading the scenario, again the two buttons, etc...

I merged all the topics that seemed to be about the same game freezing issue.

This is great (though it makes for slightly confusing reading as replies from pre-merging are now interwoven). Any chance that the thead title could be changed to something that might prevent more new threads spawning? Perhaps it could be pinned and be titled "Game hangs/frozen after Kyra Exorcist's Heal/Continue"
  • Like 1

Hi-just wanted to echo the same problem. I'm playing on my iPad, so the save file is less accessible. On defeating an undead, or outsider, Kyra gets the option to heal or continue, and the game freezes regardless. The only way to unlock is to restart the game, then forfeit. Currently I can't proceed with the scenario. Any suggestions would be welcome.

So sorry guys this is a bug with Kyra's power Purge Undead, either option will break progression. This has been fixed and will go out in a patch.

Thanks SB.  Lookin' forward to the patch.

If I let undead beat Lyra up, does that get around the problem?

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."