Are there new feats? (not force powers)

I have been reading about the new force powers but wonder if the devs are adding new feats as well to KOTOR2. Any ideas on neat feats they can incorporate?

New feats are being added, definitely. We'll need to check with LucasArts to see which ones we can actually talk about right now, though.

I'd rather see that the Obsidian crew makes the different skills more useful since I chose the three different levels of the gearhead feats and discovered that it was a BIG mistake since of those skills repair was the only one that was useful, and that was only for repairing HK-47... I guess what I'm trying to say is that fix what is broken/neglected by Biowares pissy application of skills before adding a full list of feats.

I'd rather see that the Obsidian crew makes the different skills more useful since I chose the three different levels of the gearhead feats and discovered that it was a BIG mistake since of those skills repair was the only one that was useful, and that was only for repairing HK-47... I guess what I'm trying to say is that fix what is broken/neglected by Biowares pissy application of skills before adding a full list of feats.

Totally disagree with you... I used Computer Use and Demolitions often. I also repaired just about everything I came by if I had enough parts. I guess the awareness skill isn't totally useless also. Stealth is useless in this game and persuade is a handy skill. Almost never use security skill though, I mostly bash the door. I didn't really use medpacks, only in the very starting of the game. So the treat injury was pretty worthless to me too.

Totally disagree with you... I used Computer Use and Demolitions often. I also repaired just about everything I came by if I had enough parts.

The only thing really worth the effort repairing was Hk-47. Computer use was mostly to save time and/or a bit of effort. Trial and error showed that the most efficient, not to say fastest way to disarm mines was to walk into them. The time it took to recover them wasn't worth the price you could get for selling them. If they had been deadly on the other hand... then demolitions would have been useful. B)

But fixing the broken skill system wasn't really the intent of this thread, so yes, things like Dodge, Resist poison etc. could be nice to have things. Not essential, but nice to have. Somebody with a Star Wars d20 care to list which feats weren't implemented in Kotor1 ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But fixing the broken skill system wasn't really the intent of this thread, so yes, things like Dodge, Resist poison etc. could be nice to have things. Not essential, but nice to have. Somebody with a Star Wars d20 care to list which feats weren't implemented in Kotor1 ?

Yeah, I know that the point with this thread was discussion of the new feats. My point was that the gearhead and empathy feats was pretty much useless since KOTOR didn't really give you any bonuses for high skillpoints. An example was the Computer skill that I relied heavily upon on my first run in KOTOR but I soon reliased that all it did was mostly giving me a bit quicker way to dispatch foes or a free map. Since I pretty much annihalated anyone or everything with my Guardian without any trouble, therefore making the computerskill pretty obselete for me.

Now if the battles had been harder, then computer might have been worth more since you would have to weed out the opposition to give yourself a fighting chance.

Not that I really believe that Obsidian will really increase the difficulty since that would probably scare away the "RPG lite" people that were a majority of KOTORs buyers :rolleyes:

Rant Off.......

there are actually 99 feats in kotor. how many more do we need?

battle meditation is one of them. maybe force dodge as well (hmm... where did i hear that?)

weeeeelll....

i'd like to see dark power, lightsaber form feats, rage, trader / merchant trader, lightsaber form feats, malevolent, lightsaber form feats, lightsaber form feats...

did i mention lightsaber form feats?

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.