Short party suggestion with little micro managing and able to get the <10 rests achievement

Heya!

I think mass chanter would do it easily. When I don`t want to use Scrolls, do I need a priest? Because charming enemies. But the spells need rests sometimes.

What else would you consider a viable party?

Would do it in normal or hard.

Thanks!

Monks, barbarians (HoF per encounter), fighters Paladins. I never aimed for it, but personally I'd guess go for high health and no per rest abilities so you don't need to rest as long as possible. Which is also why I would wait with the chanter until late game, otherwise the low health might cost you quite a few rests. Definitely take wound binding and field triage on every character, actual health regen is rare and it will be the number one reason you will rest.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

All builds that use not too many per rest resources might work. Also keep in mind that low health might force you to rest. So: no squishies with 3 CON.

Chanters might be best because they can combine great dps with good defenses. Good defenses prevent health loss.

One of the best tricks for late game is:

- Priest with Spell Mastery Withdraw (stuns chanter but lets him keep chanting)

- takny chanter with a preservation shield and another preservation item (=+100 to all defenses when stunned)

- Cipher with Defensive Mindweb

It's like a win-button: all party members get the insane defenses of the chanter while he's still able to chant The Dragon Thrashed. Also works with any other tanky character but chanter. But those will not have the advantage of doing something useful while being withdrawn.

In addition to Wound Binding and Field Triage you can also use potions of Infuse with Vital Essence. All of them work with all the healing bonuses like high MIG, survival bonus and items (Belt of Bountiful Healing, Fulvano's Amulet). A chanter can also sing the late game phrase "Mercy and Kindness" as soon as the healing gets activated, which will give additional +100% healing - also for your health, not only endurance. COmbined with 14 survival, high MIG and those items you will be at ~+200% healing power (or healing times 3 in other words). Wound Binding for example heals ~120% of your health instead of 40% that way. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

He can use the speed chant and kite most enemies while destroying them with his Sweet Winds of Death. And don't forget: he has summons which can soak up a lot of damage. The phantom is crazy powerful early on. Imagine what 6 phantoms could do. And then imagine how you turn of "gib" in the options and kite all foes of a map to a chokepoint where you piled up all the corpses from previous fights and then cast 6 times "White Worms". I cleared Raedrics Castle that way with a solo chanter without resting once. Very powerful but a lot of positioning.  

By the way: ranger's animal companions also don't have health. So it might also be possible to use those in some way to prevent resting. If you can make it so that they get frequently healed without using per rest resources they are great tanks for such a run: no health loss! I'm thinking about chanters (Ancient Memory and so on), Ciphers (Pain Block) rangers themselves (per heal), priests with spell mastery Consecrated Ground, Druids with Spell Mastery Nature's Vigor and stuff. Maybe that also works nicely. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Six chanters are best, cause you can just build all tanky and stack chants like crazy.

You don't even need scrolls for charm just use the mace from the white march with spell bind Prayer against Treachery.

Or go for solo rogue pacifist run. Avoid all fights with max stealth & shadowing beyond, reach and kill thaos at lvl 9. There is a video of s guy that finished the game in less than 3 hours.

Triple crown + < 10 rest + relative pacifism achieved.

• Like 1

Can you get the achievement with one insomniac - the MC, and five hired mercs who you replace as they get tired? If so I bet you could do it with like one rest.

With regards to the five Bears for the Rangers, I'd swap them for the Boars. I find the faster attack rate plus the higher endurance from their high con to be more useful than the +3 DR.

Potions of infusion with vital essence is all you need to recover your health. When you respec and when you level up you also get healed. At the beginning a combination of rangers/chanters is probably the most effective team (you have the pets who can hold the aggro until the chanters can use their summons, while the rangers can easily take out dangerous foes). 

For a party it shouldn't be much more difficult to beat the entire game with a single rest in PotD. It should be also possible solo if you adopt a pacifist play style until you become strong enough to deal with any encounter...

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 3

Potions of infusion with vital essence is all you need to recover your health. When you respec and when you level up you also get healed. At the beginning a combination of rangers/chanters is probably the most effective team (you have the pets who can hold the aggro until the chanters can use their summons, while the rangers can easily take out dangerous foes). 

For a party it shouldn't be much more difficult to beat the entire game with a single rest in PotD. It should be also possible solo if you adopt a pacifist play style until you become strong enough to deal with any encounter...

Sometimes it's so easy.

I saw the potions now in the game and that solves all my "problems" I can have with this achievement I think.

Because I just need them for the frontline characters and they are available early on.

Btw. are the resources limited (like the enemy party) or can I buy them at a vendor?