So I got my dwarven paladin, and my group is composed by:

Me

Eder

Aloth

Durance

Kana

Sagani

Itumaak ;)

Now...question is not who is the strongest companion but...

How do you divide your roles?

I got 2 on front + 1 fox

Durance in the middle who occasionally comes front with the staff (2 line still)

Aloth, Sagani, Kana ranged.

Would you distribute forces in other ways? Are 3 people on the front too much?

Let's hear your impressions...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I run:

Main character, priest of wael focused on bugging and damage to some extent as well as healing

CC wizard, personal build (but Aloth does that job very good as well)

Hiravias, DD Druid focused on spells not spiritshift

Pallegina, main tank with some Healing

Devil, riposte off tank DD

Zahua, using juggernaut build or occasionally switching for kana as chanter tank

So that's three people in the front ...

Which is a lot but I don't want to spare anyone

It's a lot of fun... I get by very good. :)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I've played with 5 man in front and it wasnt "too much", sure, its a bit harder to abuse doors - but you dont have to, for me: the more in front, the easier the run.

Uhm... I didn't expect this answer tbh ;)

I expected something like " just put 1 tank on front and all the rest ranged"... in many other games I usually get this kinda answers...lol

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I've played with 5 man in front and it wasnt "too much", sure, its a bit harder to abuse doors - but you dont have to, for me: the more in front, the easier the run.

Uhm... I didn't expect this answer tbh ;)

I expected something like " just put 1 tank on front and all the rest ranged"... in many other games I usually get this kinda answers...lol

Thats what a viable answer would have been in the vanilla game - sure, even now its fine with one tank...

but... many enemies shout "LEEROOOOOOY JEEEEEEEENKINS!" and ignore everything but your ranged characters - in each and every fight, that can be kinda meh "oh, i didnt look for 1 sec and every enemy surrounds my wizard"... so i rather dont play with that kinda group, 1 cipher or 1 ranger can finish the fights just fine with 5 dudes in front - heck, the barb in front can clear the trashmobs, the monk can kill the casters - while the paladin+priest keep the backline safe and sound... and if everything else fails - the chanter can switch to "and thats why chanters can solo the game" mode.

Edited by Reent
  • Like 1

Hahaha lol about chanters! :)

Yes, I figured as much... there can even be only two ranged chars, the melee part would anyway mince what's in sight. Who do you feel best for frontline? Eder, then? Me, for I'm paladin...

If you build your party with sturdy but at the same time dangerous characters you can easily have 4 melee guys and spread them across the battlefield. It's a lot easier than the usual "tanks in the front..." setup and is usually more fun because you don't have to babysit all the squishies all the time. Also, enemies' AoE spells are less likely to hit more than one party member.

You can build a sturdy yet damaging char out of every class.

The best setuo is of course 6 full tank chanters. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Right. Although a priest with Crowns and Inspiring Radiance and stuff might indeed be better than an additional chanter.

It's like a pastor with his acolyte choir. :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Right. Although a priest with Crowns and Inspiring Radiance and stuff might indeed be better than an additional chanter.

It's like a pastor with his acolyte choir. :)

there have been certain... Er.... Incidents considering that relationship... Let's go with something different ;)
  • Like 2

And everybody knows

Actually, there has been at least one mass rape... The one you learn about from the caed Nua spirits. But no Catholics, I'll give you that ;)

And everybody knows

Well actually my char is tanky, and Eder is as well... not sure about the others. In fact, my Aloth keeps getting proned if someone fighter-y stands too close and we can't eliminate him in time. Kana is kinda squishy despite the brigandine, sagani usually is not taken into account by monsters...