Unable to choose Power Feat in quest mode. Unable to progress

Omnobo

Question

My Seoni hit level 31 (Role card) and my Ezren hit lvl 25 at the end of the same quest. I can choose a role and power feat for Seoni, but when it get to Ezren, I am unable to choose a power feat. Both Role options are available for Ezren, but clicking either of them freezes the power feat menu. Since I am unable to choose a power feat for Ezren, I can't get out of this step. 

Because of this, I am unable to continue playing quest mode. Even force quitting the app does not let me play as going back to quest mode brings me back to the screen where I get gold for winning quest mode and then choosing the feats for Seoni and Ezren.

Any idea how I can fix this? I just want to be able to play quest mode again :(.

5 answers to this question

This has been widely reported since around October 4. It appears to be a result of the patch 1.1.4 "fix" to retrospectively award Feats that were missed due to a previous bug that didn't award Feats to characters unless they defeated the Scenario in which they gained enough experience to be awarded the Feat. So a bug in the fix to a bug. Sweet.

There is no workaround for this one (though the Devs have said that they are working on a fix - but no ETA), the only solution is to delete the game.sav file for the scenario that triggered the problem. Of course if you do this you will lose the progress for all the characters - they will be reset to the state that they were before you started the Scenario. You will then have to avoid using those characters in any party until the Devs provide a fix. I have 5 Quest characters that are currently in this state - unplayable until a fix (the other 7 are all level capped, so I cannot play Quest mode unless I start new characters).

Thanks for the information mccrispy! I thought about deleting the save, but wasn't sure if it would also delete my quest characters or if it would actually fix the problem. I see now that it wouldn't.

I guess my only option is to not play the game until they fix this bug :(

Hmm, it seems like my party is still bugged even though the last patch (today's) said it would fix it. Should I try deleting my game and redownloading it? Would that solve my progression break or should I wait until another patch?

I updated to 1.1.4.1 and played one scenario to level my 5 Quest characters that were missing Feats. With 1.1.4 these characters would level, then enter the post-scenario rewards to gain multiple Feats and there would be a progression break. With 1.1.4.1 I was able to successfully award both feats (either 2 x Power or 1 x Power & 1 x Card). As all my Quest characters are higher than 31, I can't test your issue. However, if you're still stuck and the patch hasn't fixed it I think that you'll probably have to deleted your game.sav file (I do hope you are on Android, 'cos apparently it's pretty near impossible with iOS 8 or later).

I've posted a toolkit that I use to resolve progression breaks. It includes instructions for deleting the game.sav file for the game: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89650-bug-when-replacing-card-from-hand-with-card-from-discard/

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the reply again! I just tried again this morning and it looks like my progression break is fixed, but I'm forced to choose a role for Ezren at lvl25...

I'm not sure how this will affect my character later when he hits lvl 31... but I'm glad to see the progression break cleared.