Hello... So as many of you are probably aware, wael gives a bonus on acc for Quaterstaffs and rods... Now, I am wondering what weapon might be good to use.

Quaterstaff:

I think a very strong candidate is Taluntain's Staff... It has a fireball spellbind, and as priest, you are likely to use the bonus elemental damage talent for burn anyway. Would also mean a good transition from early/mid game durance's staff, which would be taken for the same reason.

Rod:

Either golden gaze (2 missiles per shot, so 2x5% chance to cast expiate Vurnablilities on hit/crit) or rod of pale shades (disorienting, attacks can stun on crit). Maybe also consider pretty pretty's rib

Or of course simply go Gyrd Haewanes and/or Abydon's Hammer

So, any thoughts? :)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Well... I like wael :p just until now never wanted to play a liar... but other than Skaen, what deities would you recommend? Magran maybe... (?)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Well... I like wael :p

And you can't even get his boon! I'm surprised so few people are explicitly asking for that bug to be fixed in 3.04 :blink:

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well... I like wael :p

And you can't even get his boon! I'm surprised so few people are explicitly asking for that bug to be fixed in 3.04 :blink:
Andrea, I think you don't understand... This is actually done not by accident but by purpose. The boon will trigger at random, and without letting you know. Or maybe it works all the time, and it just never tells you. Or maybe it never works. Or always, but the numbers don't get adjusted. This is to represent the very nature of wael himself.... Maybe one day he'll let us know why Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 5

And everybody knows

Well played! :p

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What about Llawran's Stick? You can get it early, it has speed - and since there's no priest buff that gives speed it might be a good choice if you want to take an active part in melee combat.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What about Llawran's Stick? You can get it early, it has speed - and since there's no priest buff that gives speed it might be a good choice if you want to take an active part in melee combat.

I figured durance staff might be better so you will gain the whole game from bonus elemental damage on burn, since it's what priests would naturally take anyway... Or am I making a mistake here :) ?

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Durance's Staff doesn't get a bonus from Scion of Flame. It has crush/burn damage. In order to get a +20% bonus from Scion of Flame it would need burn/crush. I know... it's confusing. ;)

It still is very useful to have a staff with two damage types though.

But against enemies who are not resistant to crush Llawran's Stick does better dps.

Edited by Boeroer

I'd go with Gyrd Haewanes Stenes; its a soulbound weapon so you'll still get the benefits of Incomprehensible Revelation's weapon bonuses. It also has an amazing defensive synergy with the Raiment of Wael's Eyes; how's that RP bonuses? ;)

Rod of Pale Shades is also really nice, but is gotten in the Endless Paths, so it'll be a while 'till you're able to make use of it. I think its a fine support weapon, especially on a Priest.

Edited by Wolken3156

With Incrompehensible Relevation you'll also have a fighter's ACC - and with Dire Blessing you'll convert some hit into crits, too. So the Rod of Pale Shades seems to be a nice choice.

Gyrd Háewanes Sténes is also a very nice pick if you don't want to use it on a wizard. Like Wolken3156 said, it has a nice synergy with the spell holding of the robe, giving you +55 deflection, +25 reflex and 50% hit-to-graze conversion when you receive a crit twice per encounter. That's quite awesome. Add a Girdle of Mortal Protection  and you will only get normal damage when you receive a crit. You can even put on the Cloak of the Master Mystic and turn invisible once you receive a crit. You will then have invisibiliy AND buffed defenses. You can then cast a spell while invisible, and when that wears off you'll still have the high defenses. And it all fits beautifully with the Wael theme, also the mind control part.

So: I vote for Gyrd Háewanes Sténes. :)

What about headgear? Footpad's Hood? Hermit's Hat? Munacra Arret?

And please write a class build about it. This sounds like fun!

O gosh... It's just a normal priest of wael... Nothing exiting but that one synergy I didn't even come up with ;) (yes yes very cool invisible wael priest, but is it that useful?) looking at 18 5 15 15 18 5 spread I believe... I need to get him to do damage, my wizard is useless in that regard. As soon as I get everything I might add something to this forum

Promise :p

But wouldn't a priest of skaen be better to work from invisibility? Stack sneak attack bonuses and so forth...

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

How can a Wizard be useless in the DPS department? They are da novanuke in this game :)

How can a Wizard be useless in the DPS department? They are da novanuke in this game :)

ooops.... Double post :p

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows