Bugs AP4: Blessings, Spells, Weapons, and Mokmurian

Garen

Question

(1) On several occasions, when using a blessing to add dice/die to a check, it incorrectly REPLACES my die instead of adding a die.  For example, if I'm rolling a d6 on a non-combat dexterity check and use Blessing of Calistra, my d6 goes away and instead I get 2 d4.  This has happened with Blessing of Sarenrae and Blessing of Shelyn as well.  I haven't used blessings for every case where I would get 2 dice, but I know those for sure.

(2) I've used Seoni's arcane blast ability for some fights.  I discard a card to activate it, but if I cancel it, it does not return the discarded card to my hand!

(3) Sometimes when I want to use a weapon, by either reveal or recharge, those tabs don't appear.  I usually just tap the screen where I think they may be and the effect still works, but this is an issue, nonetheless.

(4) In the fight with Mokmurian, several of my characters have defeated him in the first round of combat, but instead of proceeding to the second round, my turn simply ends!!  He isn't shuffled back in the deck, he just remains on the top of the location deck.  What's going on here?

2 answers to this question

(1) On several occasions, when using a blessing to add dice/die to a check, it incorrectly REPLACES my die instead of adding a die.  For example, if I'm rolling a d6 on a non-combat dexterity check and use Blessing of Calistra, my d6 goes away and instead I get 2 d4.  This has happened with Blessing of Sarenrae and Blessing of Shelyn as well.  I haven't used blessings for every case where I would get 2 dice, but I know those for sure.

(2) I've used Seoni's arcane blast ability for some fights.  I discard a card to activate it, but if I cancel it, it does not return the discarded card to my hand!

(3) Sometimes when I want to use a weapon, by either reveal or recharge, those tabs don't appear.  I usually just tap the screen where I think they may be and the effect still works, but this is an issue, nonetheless.

(4) In the fight with Mokmurian, several of my characters have defeated him in the first round of combat, but instead of proceeding to the second round, my turn simply ends!!  He isn't shuffled back in the deck, he just remains on the top of the location deck.  What's going on here?

Re 1) usually this is associated with changing which type of check you are attempting. Generally, switching the check back to the type you wanted it to be will sort this out. Sometimes you'll need to re-use some other powers which got cancelled.

If you've seen the dice change without changing the type then that's something new.

Re 2) you can work around a lot of these sorts of problems by going back to the main menu, then continuing from where you were. Most of the time the card is back.

Edited by Irgy

As Irgy says, always check the skill drop-down when this happens. Pick the skill that you want to use, not the one that the game auto-selects for you. Frankly, something seems to have happened to the auto-select with 1.1.4 and I find myself checking the skill selector for the best dice/bonus option on very nearly every check that isn't a single weapon/spell card

There's a general issue with cancelled discards (Leoni's Beast Form, Merisiel's Sneak Attack). Devs are aware and there will be a fix in a future patch (but whether it's 1.1.4.1 or 1.1.4.6 is anybody's guess)

Since we had the "improved" UI in 1.1.3.8 there have been a number of visual bugs. A VRT (vault round-trip) fixes most issues - you don't normally have to go back to Main Menu.

Try a VRT when this happens. Report back if the VRT doesn't fix it.