Bug when replacing card from hand with card from discard

betoraposa

Question

Bug: Playing on Quest Mode, the game stops responding to player's input. Resetting the game returns to the situation that triggers the bug. I can't enter the options, nor chose another action other than the one that triggers the bug.

When: Prompted to chose a card from discard to replace a card in my hand, after selecting a card.

Where: Apothecary

Who: Merisiel

Card or event: Don't know

PFID: 509CC6C87B4AAC5

Pass&Play: No

Mode: Quest

Difficulty: Normal

Party: Mirisiel and Kyra

SO: Android 5.1

Device: Asus Go (Asus_Z00VD)

I don't know wich card triggered the event, but once triggered, I can't play Quest Mode anymore 'cause the Quest button starts from where the game breaks.

Link to screenshoot

11 answers to this question

OK, here's my toolkit of bigger hammers (in the order that I try them)

1. Vault round-trip (hit the settings button, hit the Vault button, hit the Back button when you're in Vault)
  2. Kill the App (this may, or may not work/be possible on IOS, I'm on Android)
  3. Forfeit the Scenario (hit settings, hit forfeit) - you'll miss out on any gold bonus, but will at least keep any Boons
  4. Delete the appropriate game.sav file* (this may/may not be possible on iOS, I am an Android user)
  5. Clear Cache for Play/Store/PACG
  6. Clear Data for Play/Store/PACG

* these files are (on Android) located at Android/Data/net.obisidian.pacg1/files/PACG1_SAVE_GAMES/slotX, where X is 99 for Quest, 98 for Tutorial and 01-09 for Story mode (date stamp should identify the file.

NOTE: steps more serious than step 3 ​will result in lost data​ including, but not limited to your current progress on the scenario in question. Hammers bigger than a size 4 hammer ​may result in lost data beyond the current scenario​ depending on the state of sync at the time.

​arse-covering disclaimer: I am not an OBS employee, neither am I an Android guru, or indeed an oracle of all things PACG. These steps are ones that I have developed through trial and error, based on what limited understanding I have gained about how the game does "stuff". Use this toolkit under your own cognisance.

Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 2

Same issue, in story mode though, I quit game re login and it says choose up to two cards from discard and showed all of my cards in discard pile, I can click on and enlarge cards but nothing will let me get past that.

I had this issue at first, so I dragged the cards from the list into my hand and it worked. I might try it.

My issue is when I have to select a card from my hand into the discard pile. I can't even display the cards...

As Hannibal_PPJV says: your first port of call should be a VRT (vault round-trip) this fixes all sorts of UI-related issues. After that there is an escalation of workarounds that I regularly use. If the VRT doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the escalation (which ultimately ends with applying a hammer to your device with extreme force and vowing never to play the game again :))

The picture seems to indigate that you have to drag the thieves tools to you hand, but you can not do it for some reason? Does the go to vault, come back trick help? 

As Hannibal_PPJV says: your first port of call should be a VRT (vault round-trip) this fixes all sorts of UI-related issues. After that there is an escalation of workarounds that I regularly use. If the VRT doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the escalation (which ultimately ends with applying a hammer to your device with extreme force and vowing never to play the game again :))

I can drag the thieves tools but then I can't interact with the game at all, nor interact with the vault and settings buttons.

OK, here's my toolkit of bigger hammers (in the order that I try them)

1. Vault round-trip (hit the settings button, hit the Vault button, hit the Back button when you're in Vault)
  2. Kill the App (this may, or may not work/be possible on IOS, I'm on Android)
  3. Forfeit the Scenario (hit settings, hit forfeit) - you'll miss out on any gold bonus, but will at least keep any Boons
  4. Delete the appropriate game.sav file* (this may/may not be possible on iOS, I am an Android user)
  5. Clear Cache for Play/Store/PACG
  6. Clear Data for Play/Store/PACG

* these files are (on Android) located at Android/Data/net.obisidian.pacg1/files/PACG1_SAVE_GAMES/slotX, where X is 99 for Quest, 98 for Tutorial and 01-09 for Story mode (date stamp should identify the file.

NOTE: steps more serious than step 3 ​will result in lost data​ including, but not limited to your current progress on the scenario in question. Hammers bigger than a size 4 hammer ​may result in lost data beyond the current scenario​ depending on the state of sync at the time.

​arse-covering disclaimer: I am not an OBS employee, neither am I an Android guru, or indeed an oracle of all things PACG. These steps are ones that I have developed through trial and error, based on what limited understanding I have gained about how the game does "stuff". Use this toolkit under your own cognisance.

Hammer 4 did the trick! I am up and running with a brand new quest. Also I did't lost my experienced adventurers.

Thank you very much!

On a side note, I will keep the hammers in mind. I always tried 3 prior 2 and didn't knew about 1 at all! It is a handy quick trick.

I had this happen with a Spell card (the name escapes me), where I got to return a card from my discard matching a card I chose to get rid of. For me, it mattered where I was dragging the card to. The card I picked to return from my discard pile would not be accepted until I moved it directly over a card already in my hand. Once I did that, it accepted my choice and continued the game. For me,I'm used to games like Magic Duals, which accept you moving a card into any area of your hand "zone." Not sure it'll work for you, but I hope it does!