Who has maths problems; me, or the game?

mccrispy

Question

9 answers to this question

The +6 comes from "Approach to Thistletop". I had forgotten Driving Rain's contribution - there's a certain lack of consistency in the UI that makes it hard to check (not that you should have to check, you know, you should be able to rely on the App to get it right).

So let's take the first example:

Gogmurt 10, AtT +6, Driving Rain +2, Discarded "Thorns" -2 for a total modifier of +6 = Gogmurt, 16

Anybody spot where the extra +1 comes from?

Then look at the second example

Gogmurt 12, AtT +6 (from the first check!), AtT +8 (from the second check), DR +2, Thorns -2, for a total modifier of +14 = Gogmurt, 26

(yes, I know that the two AtT modifiers shouldn't have an effect, but if they don't have an effect they shouldn't show up either!

So you see my point? Either the maths is wrong or the display of modifiers is wrong or the logic is wrong or...

well, it's messed up and needs fixing.

True. But it may be possible that. The Numbers shown in the screen Are not the same as used in the game calculation, if there is some UI problems Also in difficulty Numbers.

Elite monsters add one per level, but it is not happening in these examples. So it is very hard to know what is happening, but somekind of bug/bugs there seems to be. Your personal math seems valid.

Aha! Of course that's not listed on the active effects, but that makes the calculation:

Gogmurt 10, AtT +6, Driving Rain +2, Goblin Fortress +2, Discarded "Thorns" -2 for a total modifier of +6 = Gogmurt, 18

still not 17! but maybe we're getting closer. Though the second example is clearly wrong (at least in terms of active effects)

Hmmm... TBH, I thought it was +2, but it might have been +1, which would be good 'cos then the modifiers are being done correctly in the first check. However, it's clear that something is badly wrong in the second check! As a result of this issue I've started taking a screenie of the "During this Scenario" screen for every Legendary Scenario I do. It takes only seconds and I have something to refer to if I need it.