Hello guys, I'm trying my first POTD match and I haven't had any problem killing all pulls except druids....... I have a lot of issues when I have to face Delemgans creatures. I'm stuck now because I can't kill an enemy pull that consists in:

- 3 Adragans

- 2 Greater Earth Blight 

- 3 Earth Blight

- 1 Stone Beetle

I'm a bit frustrated because I could kill pretty easy (in my first try) Cail the Silent but I simply can't do anything vs a simply pull. My party is lvl 9 and my party composition is:

- Me (Rogue dual wield)

- Eder (Tank)

- Pellegina (Tanks/supporter)

- Shagani (Damage Dealer with War Bow. I hate her... I find her useless and I can't remove her because a party bug)

- Durador (Healer/Supporter/DD)

- Aloth (CC/DD)

Problem is I can't knockdown Earth Blights and they easily surround me while Adragans stun me, petrify me, ect. I have tried to kill fast Adragans but problem is Shagani do a **** of damage, Durador is healing and Aloth is the only one who does some damage but he has to knock down Adragans too.

My rogue do a lot of damage but I can't kill Adragans as fast as I need and I get crushed all times. I was playing without any problem since I went to Elmshore.

Thanks!

Edited by Busa27

What level are you?

If you're 13 you should give Pallegina Sacred Immolation, boost your IN and MI and attack the adragans in melee with her.

Get close, activate immolation, use FoD to kill the first one quick.

Get in with your team after she's engaged, let Eder tank the blights and focus on remaining adagans with Aloth and Durance.

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

What level are you?

If you're 13 you should give Pallegina Sacred Immolation, boost your IN and MI and attack the adragans in melee with her.

Get in with your team after she's engaged, let Eder tank the blights and focus on remaining adagans with Aloth and Durance.

My party is lvl 9. I just finished Act II and started Act III.

What level are you?

My party is lvl 9. I just finished Act II and started Act III.

Go to twin elms and ignore the adragans for now.

There is a lot of xp for free there.

• Like 1

Scrolls of Confusion are your friend (or just the spell if Aloth has it), drop one on the group and with a little luck the Blights (who I think are immune to it, to lazy to check) will turn on the Adragans - either that or you'll probably avoid them attacking you (attacking you is a 1/4 chance, as is doing nothing, wandering or attacking their buddies - so you're more likely to get a favourable outcome). Either that, or you can use Arret Munacra to charm two of the three while focussing your efforts on the last one.

Or, as others have said, just leave them and come back. Adragans are always a monumental pain, there's nothing wrong with saving them for later.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 2

Give your rogue Munacra Arret (as Jojobobo said) and charm them with your high ACC at the start of the encounter. It's a fast cast. They will use their CC against each other. It's the easiest solution if you don't have enough lore to use scrolls of confusion.

You can also give it to Pallegina if she has Sworn Enemy. Its +15 ACC bonus also works with the charm (thanks to Jojobobo for that idea).

Also, Aloth should have Confusion at lvl 9. 

By the way: the name's "Durance".  8)

If Sagani + Itumaak don't do damage at lvl 9, you're doing something wrong. Don't forget the fox! Give him Predator's Sense, Merciless Companion and Vicious Companion, take Stalker's Link and Swift Aim and use Persistence (Hunting Bow). The damage of the fox will go through the roof (high base damage +95% plus DR bypass). If the fox goes down a lot: use Durance's "Triumph of the Crusaders": whenever the fox kills an enemy, he will instantly get healed completely. Since he has no health pool, he will be as new. At the same time Sagani will do a lot of single target damage because of Persistence's wounding (it's the ranged weapon with the highest singel target dps in the game because of that). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can also give it to Pallegina if she has Sworn Enemy. Its +15 ACC bonus also works with the charm (thanks to Jojobobo for that idea).

If not for her being a Godlike with a freakishly shaped head. I always thought it was a little stupid that things like the Crossed Patch and Arret Munacra aren't wearable by Godlikes. I find the idea that they can't wear helmets a little ridiculous too, even if they can't wear standard helmets someone would be able to smith a custom design that would work for them.

• Like 3

I think the Elmshore map has a relatively "new" offer to upscale in WM pt.2. I would say it fits the difficulty of things after upscaled WM pt.1 and the Endless Paths. (lvl ~12-13)

So I would recommend to either, to level up in the mentioned areas.

Or do as Raven says and move past the bigger enemy packs until you reach the city which has easier quests.

IIRC, to reach the city I think you need to reach the south east part of the map. Reach there by moving along the road, but south of the huge pack of Ogre druids (what is it >5 druids and a couple of matriarchs these days, not much easier than the Adragan packs at lvl 9).

Follow the west side of the river south only needing to deal with a few easier packs of enemies.

• Like 2

I think the Elmshore map has a relatively "new" offer to upscale in WM pt.2. I would say it fits the difficulty of things after upscaled WM pt.1 and the Endless Paths. (lvl ~12-13)

So I would recommend to either, to level up in the mentioned areas.

Or do as Raven says and move past the bigger enemy packs until you reach the city which has easier quests.

IIRC, to reach the city I think you need to reach the south east part of the map. Reach there by moving along the road, but south of the huge pack of Ogre druids (what is it >5 druids and a couple of matriarchs these days, not much easier than the Adragan packs at lvl 9).

Follow the west side of the river south only needing to deal with a few easier packs of enemies.

Yes, I have been reading and this map difficulty has been increased due to White March.

For the other hand, thanks for all tips that you have given me guys. The truth is I didn't use scrolls, food and not even potions because I didn't need them until I reach Elmshore.

• Like 2

I never used to use them until I got to the late game (I think I'm too hardwired into the survival horror genre to expend resources so willy-nilly), but after finally completing the game and using them all the time at the end I'm now using them much earlier on a new playthrough. In my other playthrough I had 100k of gold left at the end (it peaked at 300k), with around 4k+ of hireling fees (I wanted a swanky crew protecting my keep, you can obviously get away with much less) - so money really isn't that important in the game and you can burn through more of it early without feeling the pinch. I was playing solo, but regardless with a party I don't think you'd have an additional 100k expenditure by the end.

• Like 1

Summons. Drop all the summons you can and let Aloth fire away with Spells. Who cares if your summons are hit as well. They are just blockers. Pick up / steal the item in the Valian Embassy that summons shades. Buy the Animat horn in Gilded Vale, grab the beetle figurine near the acting troupe in Copperlane, etc...

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

The up scaling option in Elmshore is tough. Some of the most difficult fights I've had are there. The Ogre Bounty, The Adragans and blights... Probably might want to make sure you are suitably leveled up, otherwise it's a challenge.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light