Some bugs in the new version

Irgy

Question

Seriously guys, do you want me to be a voluntary beta-tester or something? Every new patch it takes me literally 5 minutes of play time to find a new bug. So far after one play through of the new adventure deck:

* Every time I look at a card (double tap), then try to play it, the card just floats around the screen and I can't do anything. I have to go to the menu and back to continue. This is driving me nuts, since I often like to read a card before playing it.

* The new henchman who makes other characters fight a skeleton with difficulty increased by 6; I fought him solo, and discovered that every single check I made for the rest of the turn had the difficulty increased by 6 (and actually increased it wasn't just a display thing)! Including the check against him, recharging spells, closing location etc. That's not how that's meant to work. Interestingly I could see on the panel on the left that he was responsible for it, it had a picture of him and "difficulty increased by 6". Maybe because no-one fought a skeleton that effect didn't get taken down?

* Wand of enervation doesn't respect the arcane skill (yes everyone's posted this already). Also I hate the way this resets all the dice you've prepared, I rarely decide first that I want to use it.

* I often get players highlighted (with the little '!') as being able to help with a check even though they can't. Haven't worked out the pattern to it yet. Seems to be a new problem though haven't seen it happen before.

* At one point I used Lini's power to discard a card to make her strength/dex d10, did some other things, then cancelled it all to start again because I did something wrong. After cancelling everything, the card was still discarded for no benefit. Menu and back again fixed it up.

* At another point Ezren's entire arcane skill bonus disappeared (appeared to effectively be 0). Switching skills didn't help (even though the display in the skill selection menu showed it correctly, I *think*). Again, main menu and back again sorted it out.

My apologies for the lack of detail on some of these, I just wanted to keep playing the game not document everything in detail (if I was beta-testing for you obviously I'd prioritise taking notes!). Might as well let you know though because I expect at least a few are reliably reproduceable and fairly straightforward to fix.

• Like 2

Currently running into an issue where the the game stops after a goblin type bane is encountered in the Approach to Thistletop on Legendary at the Garrison location. The 2d4 difficulty rolls but then no dice appear to roll to complete the check and the bane card is shown off to the side on the left or right, similar to when it's first drawn. This has happened with multiple characters at the location and the game needs to be forfeited to move beyond the screen. I have a couple screens shots if needed.

Currently played on a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Android 6.0.1.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Currently running into an issue where the the game stops after a goblin type bane is encountered in the Approach to Thistletop on Legendary at the Garrison location. The 2d4 difficulty rolls but then no dice appear to roll to complete the check and the bane card is shown off to the side on the left or right, similar to when it's first drawn. This has happened with multiple characters at the location and the game needs to be forfeited to move beyond the screen. I have a couple screens shots if needed.

Currently played on a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Android 6.0.1.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Fix is inbound.  Otherwise, there are a couple workarounds posted in this thread.

• Like 1

Here's one I noticed: in the Scenario "Foul Misgivings", when you encounter a Haunt henchman, you're supposed to roll a D6 + the number of encountered Haunts to determine whether to encounter the villain Iesha Foxglove. But when you encounter the first(!) Haunt, you're already rolling with a +2 (instead of the +1 it should be for that one Haunt). I suspect that this is because of the other scenario power that applies a stacking penalty to checks for every Haunt encountered - the game gets confused and somehow adds this penalty to the roll for Iesha (even though according to the rules it is not really a 'check', just a 'roll').

Just seen this one myself. So that's +1

* Lem was at the Farmhouse, and encountering a monster. Valeros, who was at another location entirely, discarded Sheriff Hemlock to add 1d6 to the combat check. Even though Valeros was not at the Farmhouse, the Sheriff was shown being buried. Then, when I finished the game, Valeros was short 1 ally from his deck... turns out the Sheriff made his way to Lem's deck! I assume he was in Lem's buried pile the whole time though I didn't confirm this.

* Justice Ironbriar summons a monster when encountered. I evaded that monster with Merisiel. This did not count towards the "evade 5 banes" daily quest that I had active.

In other news, two of the three locked quest mode characters I had have spontaneously unlocked! No idea what caused this but pleased to see it. The third however is still locked. No idea why.