[1.1.4] I now have 3 copies of Lightning Bolt

stevozip

Question

...but my Vault doesn't know it.

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/ttZtjxj

The story behind this one is short.  Started playing Under Jorgenfist with my 6 party makeup (Valeros, Kyra, Lem, Harsk, Sajan, Ezren) and Valeros was start player (at Giant Lair).  Immediately at the start of his turn, the game switched over to Ezren to roll for recharging a copy of Lightning Bolt and the location power at Thassilonian Dungeon as well as Expanded Spellbook both triggered.  He recharged the spell, and managed to draw two cards because of both abilities.  The rest of the game proceeded as normal (as far as I know).

Lem now possesses a copy of Lightning Bolt in his deck as well as the two copies that Ezren owns, and they can both play together without the game triggering one of them adding a spell to his deck.  If I go into my vault, however, it shows that I own only two copies of the card.

Playing on Huawei Nexus 6P with Android 7.0

PFID is F75AADCF9BD598C9

4 answers to this question

As far as common RoTR cards go, the vault only shows the maximum number that may normally be found in a scenario, not how many you actually possess (things are a little different for treasure cards though).  There is no upper limit imposed on regular campaign cards, but if there are only supposed to be two, and you have two, no more will be available during a scenario.

In theory, you could farm out any number of them through trading between parties, then load out a single Ezren with nothing but Lightning Bolts.  Ezren could totally be that "lighting bolt" kid in the LARP video that's been floating around the internet for ages.

Otherwise, it does look like you ran into some sort of duplication glitch.  Neato.   :)

I don't understand.  Are you saying that I could give Harsk 6 copies of Deathbane Light Crossbow and the game wouldn't hiccup?

When I'm talking about my vault above, I am referring to the vault accessed through the main menu, not the vault that is available during the scenario.

I don't understand.  Are you saying that I could give Harsk 6 copies of Deathbane Light Crossbow and the game wouldn't hiccup?

When I'm talking about my vault above, I am referring to the vault accessed through the main menu, not the vault that is available during the scenario.

Absolutely, yes.  There are no quantity controls on the common cards that a party may carry.  

The only "limitation" is that is that once you reach or exceed the number you see in the vault, no more will be found by that party.  For example, if you have six parties, each with a Deathbane Light Crossbow, there's nothing in the game to prevent you from trading them all to a single character or party.   And once you do that, those other five parties have zero Deathbane Light Crossbows, and thus may find it again during adventures.

As for the numbers seen in the scenario vault or the game gallery, they mean different things based on whether or not it is a Treasure card.

For RoTR cards: This is the number normally available to the game.  If you have this many (or higher), no more will be dealt out in a scenario.

For Treasure cards: This is the number of cards you've found/own, and is the absolute maximum a party may possess.  Attempting to get around the limit will make excess cards disappear.

Edited by Ethics Gradient