Update #107: The Last Backer Reward, a Beta, and a Survey

Update by Justin Britch, Lead Producer

The House of Wael

pe-house-of-wael-580.jpg

For any backer that would get the novella as part of their rewards (If you pledged $50 or more) it is now available on Steam and through the Backer Portal's ‘Products’ page.  With this final reward in place, the full Pillars of Eternity experience is available to our backers.

The House of Wael is a multilayered narrative that tells the story of a young boy's encounter with a strange house that might just be the work of Wael, god of mysteries. Taken in by its stern caretaker, the boy is introduced to a building where rugs grow food, where stairs are as likely to end in a pit as a floor, and where the gods' deepest secrets line the halls like artwork in a museum.

Yet, for all its puzzles, the most challenging may be the one the boy needs most desperately to solve: discovering the way out.

We really appreciate the ride you have taken with us over the years. Without you, we wouldn't have been able to achieve so much with Pillars.

Update 3.04 Beta and Feedback Contest

Update 3.04 is now available as a beta branch on Steam and we would love feedback on some of the changes in the patch, or major issues you would like to see addressed. We are running a contest on our forums where you could win Obsidian and Pillars of Eternity swag by participating in the beta. Full details here.

To view the current patch notes for 3.04, head over to the Obsidian forums and check them out.

Also, if you’re using the standalone CD version of Pillars of Eternity, you can find the Windows, Mac, and Linux 3.03 patch on our website. If you purchased the expansions, you can find the standalone installers on the site as well.

Pillars of Eternity Survey

We want to hear back from you about how you played Pillars of Eternity. Your feedback will help us make better games in the future. If you wouldn’t mind taking a few minutes to share your thoughts and opinions, you can find the survey here.

Figin' it Forward: Wasteland 3

pe-wasteland-580.jpg

InXile is back with a sequel to their first crowdfunded game, Wasteland 2.  Wasteland 3 is a party-based role-playing game that will take place in the lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world. Wasteland 3 is introducing vehicles, story-driven multiplayer, a revamped dialog system, and your own base of operations. Check it out here.

That’s everything for this update. Thanks everyone!

• Like 5

The last backer update. Feels like the end of an era, but it's only been, what, a couple of years? Strange.

But anyway, what I really want to know is, why do a survey now? It seems a bit... late. I imagine most people have been more or less done with Pillars of Eternity for a while now.

"But anyway, what I really want to know is, why do a survey now? It seems a bit... late. I imagine most people have been more or less done with Pillars of Eternity for a while now."

POE 2 perhaps? Hopefully?

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

About the survey, some of the questions are such that it would make sense for the responder to check off more than one response. But the survey doesn't allow for that, which is a pity. By forcing people to choose only one response from among multiple equivalent responses, you risk generating arbitrary responses which in turn would lower the validity and reliability of the survey results (research methods 101).

• Like 7

^ Agreed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

About the survey, some of the questions are such that it would make sense for the responder to check off more than one response. But the survey doesn't allow for that, which is a pity. By forcing people to choose only one response from among multiple equivalent responses, you risk generating arbitrary responses which in turn would lower the validity and reliability of the survey results (research methods 101).

I completely agreed. I remember one question in wich I liked almost all the options, but I only could choose one.

"But anyway, what I really want to know is, why do a survey now? It seems a bit... late. I imagine most people have been more or less done with Pillars of Eternity for a while now."

POE 2 perhaps? Hopefully?

I'd like a Pillars 2 as much as the next fan, just... not quite yet.

After Pillars and, hopefully, the upcoming Tyranny, I'm kind of OK on Obsidian fantasy history RPGs. I'd like their next big project to be an Obsidian any other genre RPG.

Well, except maybe rom-com. I don't think I trust Obsidian to deliver a good rom-com RPG.

• 1 month later...

I just got your survey, and have to say, I have to give feedback on this one.

I bought just the digital version. I usually do, I am not really a fan of box-sets.

What would certainly have gotten my attention for  a boxed/shipping set would have been a mini figure AND a poster for my walls! Why did nobody ever consider something to put on your wall except a map?!