Hi all. I've posted a comment on the other part of the forum, because I liked cleric but he's very poorly integrated with the story.. I'm running Eothas and the links to the main plot, despite being Eothas-centered, are very weak.

So i thought I could either change into a paladin, or most likely, change my divinity.

Before I do so, however, please tell me if I'm doing the right thing. I don't want to restart again due to lack of interaction.

Which one is the MC class (any, not limited to priest or paladin) that has the strongest "special dialogues" or connection with the plot? Don't be afraid to spoiler, I just want to know.

Thanks

Side note: They told me on another thread that interactions are improved with the expansions. Is that so?

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I can't speak for the expansions, but prior to WM1, the spread of unique conversation options looked like the below: (Per user Bubbles, post dated in April '15)

Barbarian: 3
Chanter: 2
Cipher: 17
Druid: 1
Fighter: 5
Monk: 2
Paladin: 1 + Order
Priest: 6 (3 unique - without equivalent "Clergyman" background check) + Deity
Ranger: 3
Rogue: 3
Wizard: 4

Kind Wayfarers: 7
Bleak Walkers: 6
Shieldbearers: 3
Goldpact: 2
Darcozzi: 3

Berath: 3
Skaen: 7
Magran: 6
Wael: 5
Eothas: 7

Aristocrat: 8
Artist: 4
Clergyman: 7 (4 unique)
Colonist: 9
Dissident: 6
Drifter: 4
Explorer: 9
Hunter: 10
Laborer: 8
Mercenary: 8
Merchant: 11
Mystic: 5
Philosopher: 11
Raider: 11
Scholar: 13
Scientist: 6
Slave: 7

Aedyr: 12 (5 of them with Aloth)
Deadfire: 9
Ixamitl Plains: 1
Old Vailia: 4
Rauatai: 0
The Living Lands: 9
White That Wends: 14

Aumaua: 7
Coastal Aumaua: 1

Dwarf: 0
Boreal Dwarf: 1

Elf: 1
Snow Elf: 7 (3 with Glaswal)

Godlike: 10
Fire Godlike: 4
Nature Godlike: 2
Moon Godlike: 2
Death Godlike: 3

Human: 1

Orlan: 14 (5 with Captain Aldmar)
Hearth Orlan: 1
Wild Orlan: 1

Male: 7
Female: 12

• Like 5

That's great answer, thank you! ;) I didn't know such document existed! 

I'll try to be the most talkative MC ever! hahah

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I was thinking that I like Dwarven Priest or Paladin anyway... Maybe I'll make Orlan Cipher in my 2nd playthrough, but for now, I have this Idea. 

Furthermore, while your post is extremely useful, the matter is not how many dialogue options I have, but WHEN and in which circumstances. So maybe I could pick Berath over Eothas if the dialogue options are more fitting..

I also like Durance (maybe I'm one of the few...hehe...he's grumpy) as companion so might as well go paladin to have him over pallegina...

I know playing as an Wild Orlan in White March at some point someone (Cevestin, I think) called me a "hairy little cat****er," which I think has to be a first for any game I've ever played. I think also the Fampyr group in Russetwood has a lot of unique options, with the same Orlan their leader mentioned boiling off my fur so they could eat me and someones mentioned that by playing a Berath priest you can get them to ally with you and take down some ogres.

A very nice list, thanks for sharing.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 2

Orlan cipher definitely seems to be the way to go!  Not sure how to get a White that Wends background out of it though...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I know playing as an Wild Orlan in White March at some point someone (Cevestin, I think) called me a "hairy little cat****er," which I think has to be a first for any game I've ever played. I think also the Fampyr group in Russetwood has a lot of unique options, with the same Orlan their leader mentioned boiling off my fur so they could eat me and someones mentioned that by playing a Berath priest you can get them to ally with you and take down some ogres.

A very nice list, thanks for sharing.

The comment about boiling off the fur also happens when Hiravias is in the party, just saw it yesterday when playing through that segment.

• Like 1

Orlan cipher is definitely the most talkative MC you can build. But I still want to go with Priest or Paladin. It's all a matter of role. I like cipher a lot, but I'll go with priest most likely. Usually priests or paladins are group leaders. That's what I want to be.

I think the most satisfying dialogue option in any playthrough, for me, was as an Eothas Priest when speaking with Raedric.  You have the option to tell him the the Lord of the Dawn is back for vengeance (or words to that effect) and it literally drives Raedric over the edge.  Very emotionally satisying.  It does clash at times with other dialogue options ... I hated having the option to ask Eder "Who's Eothas" but that one dialogue option rocked.

• Like 2