Some question from a newbie

HI everybody.

I'm kinda new to this game, and I've some question for u:

1) HEROIC AND LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY

ok, so, what's the point of these two difficulty?
I mean, beside the increased gold u earn completing the mission, it seems that ur character dont progress with their "lvl" (ie: no extra feat)

2) WHERE TO SPEND GOLD?

I bought the "burnt offering" adventure, and I already finished it in normal mode and almost in heroic.

Right now i've only the two standard PG, cleric and rogue, and i've got almost 4k gold.
Should I spend this gold for the 2nd part of the adventures (Skinsaw Murders), or should I buy some new characters?
If u suggest the 2nd option, should I save some more gold and buy the "character Add-on deck" for 6k gold with 4PG and some other stuff, or it's better to just buy character 1 by 1 for 1.5k each? cause for example the barbarian (included in the add-on deck) to me it seems very poor compared for examples with the fighter...

3) WHICH CHARACTER SHOULD I BUY?

If I decide to buy some new character, which one should I buy? to me, fighter and sorcerer seems pretty good..am I right?

4) WHERE TO "FARM" GOLD AND ITEMS?

Is there a location, or some "trick" to farm gold more efficently than just doing random mission?

2nd point, is there a way to "farm" some good items for my characters decks, other than just playing random mission? it seems to me that the item are choosen randomly by the AI...

5) HOW TO "STORE" ITEMS

Is there a way to "store" some powerful items to use later on? for examples, lets say i'm playing with my cleric and rogue and I managed to found and keep a powerful arcane spell. Is there a way to keep it and use in the future for my mage/sorcerer character without having my rogue/cleric "waste" a space in their deck to keep that spell?

7) ok, for now i've finished my questions :D :p

Sorry, probably some of these question may seems silly, but like i said i've just started playing this game.

Thanks ;)

Welcome!  Here's my take on things..

1) HEROIC AND LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY

You've pretty much nailed the basics.  In story mode, playing on harder difficulties will get some more gold, and finishing up everything on legendary will unlock a few treasure cards for the party to find later.

In quest mode, the effects of choosing higher difficulties is a little more profound, and as a reward, defeating a Legendary scenario, you end up with about twice as much gold and experience.

2) WHERE TO SPEND GOLD?

Everyone has their own opinion on this one.  I'd say, unless you are looking for a specific character, the Kyra/Merisiel combo can hold their own easily through AD3.  You didn't get them for free because they're weak or underpowered.  They're a fairly balanced and forgiving 2-person team that can help you learn the basics of play.  Focus on ADs until you're comfortable with the game, then branch out to new characters.  If the "Buried Treasure" promo is still around, $5 will get you 20,000 gold, which can save you a lot of time grinding out scenarios.

The character add-on deck is a good buy.  It has both Seelah and Lini, which are community favorites.  Aside from the characters, it also includes a few dozen other cards like Deathbane Light Crossbow and Icy Longspear which will probably make your day if you find them.

3) WHICH CHARACTER SHOULD I BUY?

Seelah. Yeah, all the characters have their interesting abilities, but if you want someone who can wipe out location decks twice as fast as anyone else, she's the MVP.  As I mentioned above, it may be worthwhile to save up for the character deck if you can.

4) WHERE TO "FARM" GOLD AND ITEMS?
Usually people just replay early scenarios in legendary.  However, that only really pays off if you have leveled-up characters who've made it through the first few Adventure Decks.  Quest Mode has a pretty decent gold rewards also.

As for farming items, there are some methods to look for specific types of cards, but RNG is a harsh mistress, and you're just as likely to waste your time trying.  

Focusing on character abilities and feats by beating scenarios and leveling up usually has a better effect on their ability to do stuff than new cards.  Work on character progression first, and you'll probably pick up some decent loot along the way.  Blast through a few ADs in normal mode, and you'll be pretty well equipped to go back and try higher difficulties later.

5) HOW TO "STORE" ITEMS

Currently there's no way of doing that aside from creating another character or two who's sole role in life is to be added to the party, trade some items, and get kicked back out.  @DrDior has a better method below.  Adding and removing characters to trade items is apparently quite amateur-hour.  Gee, it would be reeallllly nice if there was some sort of, I don't know, "backpack" for characters to stash some cards in.  We can only dream that some future update may hook us up...   ;)

EDIT: Sorry for the jittery typing earlier.  It may be the weekend, but that doesn't mean Kona coffee and candy corn qualifies as a balanced breakfast.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Nice Post Ethics Gradient

But I differ with you on one important point.

5) HOW TO "STORE" ITEMS

Currently there's no way of doing that aside from creating another character or two who's sole role in life is to be added to the party, trade some items, and get kicked back out.  Gee, it would be reeallllly nice if there was some sort of, I don't know, "backpack" for characters to stash some cards in.  We can only dream that some future update may hook us up...   ;)

​You CAN store items, but not in an immediately obvious way

Go to quest, or story, whichever you want to do.

Go to Party.  Do not advance to scenario.

Remove your toon that does NOT have the items to store.

Select New, at the top for a character.

Add the character from new (not experienced) that you just removed.

Notice that your party can have more party members than characters that you have.  When you own only two, it is tricky but still possible.

I recommend having two copies of each toon that you own.  One to go to scenarios into.  One to be a mule.

Put two copies of each character into your party.  I expect that you can put three or more into the party.

Nickname them something like Kyrmule1, Lemmule1, Kyrmule2 or whatever the game allows you to do.  This is not necessary but makes it easier to track them.

You can put two active characters into your party, since you own only two.

Put your real Kyra in the party, then put Lemmule1 into the party.

Advance to the next screen,  and voila....if you are not already in the party items view, then click on the party items. 

Swap whatever items you can until you are happy.

Advance to the next view.  Notice....you are not yet in a scenario.

Push the party button.

Remove Lemmule1

Add Lemm - your real active toon.

go adventure

• Like 2

You CAN store items, but not in an immediately obvious way

Thanks.  Good to know!  

I've only ever muled a few items the "hard way" because I had a sentimental attachment to some Loot cards that I wanted to save (even if I never used them for anything other than Backstab fuel...).

I seem to remember being able to buy 50 chests for 20,000 gold.  

Great buy, opened up many powerful options.

One quick way I've found to farm gold is to run solo legendary with Seelah in Quest mode.  

With her skill set, she can handle herself in most situations, and she can tear through a deck and get to the villain quickly.

Plus, the number of locations is always 2 + the party size...  so, party size of 1 means only 3 locations.  

It's still 30 for the blessing deck, so she has 30 turns to go through 30 cards.

Just make sure you have cure spells on her, and her smite ability upgraded to recharge both spells and blessings.

Questions from another newbie.

Cant I used my leveled heroes from quest mode in story mode? Seems like a bummer :(

No because the experience and character development systems Are not compatible. In story mode the story and scenarios themselves give perks. In quest mode characters get XP that gives perks. So different leveling system.

My take on #3: Buy the character you would enjoy the most playing with. Valeros is a good choice, Ezren is a good choice, Lem is a good choice, etc... All very different, all very efficient (in their own unique ways). That said, I would recommend you save for the Character Add-On, for sure!

Cant I used my leveled heroes from quest mode in story mode? Seems like a bummer :(

I may be wrong, but I guess you can't mix up quest mode characters with story mode characters. Even their progressions seems to be different, so you have to keep them in separated groups...

Cheers!

Mauricio

No because the experience and character development systems Are not compatible. In story mode the story and scenarios themselves give perks. In quest mode characters get XP that gives perks. So different leveling system.

Well thats a bummer, but thanks for for taking the time to answer my question :)