Stuck in victory screen with all characters dead

Limwik

Question

I am playing on a Galaxy S7 running android 6.0.1

Version 641-20160926

PFID: 7cbebf7c41bab6a6

Permadeath and pass and play are both off.

I am trapped in the victory rewards screen with all my characters dead. Since they are all dead they cannot receive rewards and therefore the rwards have not been dispensed and the button to proceed is not lit and does not work.

This was caused by my last living character dying during the final fight with the villain of the last deck 3 story scenario not by taking damage but by being forced to reset his hand after the first of the two combat checks. The death screen appeared and when I hit continue it went on to the victory story dialogue followed by the victory screen, where both of my characters are shown as dead. Closing the game and reentering that save brings me back to this screen.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Sounds like that shouldn't have been considered Victory, since the character died before completing the second combat test. I've seen it a couple of times where some sort of glitch occurs and the game skips straight to victory even when there is supposed to be another check left...

Wish I could help you out though, Limwik, sounds like the devs are going to have to help fix that directly...

I had that same thing happen to me on my solo Seelah run. To get out of that screen I had to remove the character from the party and create a new party with the character. 

This will let you play other scenarios with them, but in my case, which was a couple of patches ago, the character lost the reward. So I had a Seelah with no role which I had to delete. My post also got completely ignored.

Fun times.

I can't change the party because I can't exit this screen for this save. This save is completely unplayable for me until the issue is fixed. I can start a new save but that would mean beginning from the first scenario of the game with new characters and none of the progress I have made except (I think) for the cards I have unlocked in the vault through treasure chests. And yeah, the bug is definitely not just me being stuck in that screen, but also the game incorrectly counting what happened as a victory.

Hey Limwik,

Sorry about the issue. Do you mind uploading your save folder so we can take a look at it? 

Accessing your game files:
Connect the Android Device to your PC.
Open Windows Explorer and open the device
Open the Android Folder, then data -> net.obsidian.pacg1 -> files
Copy the PACG1_SAVE_GAMES folder to your PC
Zip and send!

Thanks and apologies for the inconveniences. 

Hey Limwik,

Sorry about the issue. Do you mind uploading your save folder so we can take a look at it? 

Zip and send!

I pretty much have the exact situation on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7S.  I'm willing to restart the scenario, but I have no option to.  Could you please do something?  It's like I wasted hours of my life and the money I gave you at this point.  I posted all the relevant info in another thread that hasn't been approved by the mods yet.

EDIT: I deleted the save file thinking I can start at the last scenario completed... it completely deleted the character I built up and all of her cards, and all of the progression!  I have to level her back up!?

Edited by delslow

Hey Limwik,

Zip and send!

I pretty much have the exact situation on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7S.  I'm willing to restart the scenario, but I have no option to.  Could you please do something?  It's like I wasted hours of my life and the money I gave you at this point.  I posted all the relevant info in another thread that hasn't been approved by the mods yet.

EDIT: I deleted the save file thinking I can start at the last scenario completed... it completely deleted the character I built up and all of her cards, and all of the progression!  I have to level her back up!?

When creating a new party, did you happen to tap on the Experienced button to use the same characters?

Is there any chance I could get a fixed save file even if the bug that caused this is not able to be fixed yet?

Has none of the new updates fixed this issue? 

I am not sure whether the problem that caused me to reach this game state has been fixed (I have not played since it happened except to check whether the problem with my characters being stuck was fixed after each update), but I am still stuck in the victory screen when I load the game, both via 'continue' and via 'story'->the play button on the party in the party selection screen. When I do that, the victory message appears, followed by the gold reward being shown, then after I press continue on the gold reward box it proveeds to the victory character rewards screen where both of my characters are dead and the triangular continue button is not lit and does not do anything. I think the problem is that the game does not let you continue until someone has received the rewards for victory, but both characters are dead and ineligible to receive rewards, so the game is stuck waiting for the rewards to be delivered to someone but there is nobody able to receive them.

Normally when victory is achieved at least one character is supposed to be alive still so this would not be an issue, but due to the bug mentioned above I reached the victory state with no living characters and the app does not have a way to handle that.

As a side note, I am worried that if/when the problem gets fixed, the scenario will be counted as completed which will mess up the ability of my characters to receive their rewards from it when they complete it for real.