Erylium won't go away

Bardmedicine

Question

I don't really know how to describe this problem.  I was doing a Quest with Erylium as the villain.  He spawns, I select the other character at the location to fight the spawn with him, that choice is ignored and the original character fights the spawn.  He gets whomped, discards all his items.  Now the real trouble begins...

I roll the Wisdom to get teleported, I fail, and the map pops up.  I select the only other location available (temp closed).  I am asked to roll the wisdom check again, succeed and the Elyium just sits on the map.  It gets worse...  After trying to hop in and out of the game and vault, the bug keeps happening.  Fine... I forfeit the game so I can at least keep playing.  New game, first fight is a henchmen.  I'm asked to select someone to fight a skeleton (got that wildcard).  Erylium pops up! (he is not in this scenario!) and I stuck at the map screen once again...

Help!

15 answers to this question

It gets more exciting.  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled.  Erylium is now in my character's deck!

Wow, take a pick of it! This Sounds really interesting! Some class deck characters can collect temporary banes to their hand. But not these ordinary ones...

Take that, Pokémon Go!

I will see if he's still there.  After him being a brick in the hand, I got the character to a banish a card to close this location spot and banished him.

I suppose a lizard-like impersonation of evil should be free to chose it's own gender, but iirc there's a pair of impressive (for a demon) mammaries on Erylim's art, indicating the artist was leaning towards 'female'. Because, the first thing you imagine when you think of The Abyss is 'nurseries'...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I had a similar problem; when I battled Erylium in Story Mode, she wouldn't stop summoning Wrathful Sinspawns. I would beat one, try to battle her, and a new one would spawn. I tried again on a second attempt, and the same thing happened. Did you have this issue as well?

I have experienced the same thing today. I had two tries on "Trouble in Sandpoint" one on Legendary and the other on normal. On both occasions when I met Erylium she spawned two Wrathful Sinspawns and then the only thing I could do was end my turn. On the first game that ended the game as well because I was on my last turn. In the second game I tried battling her four times. The same happened every time. On some occasions her card would get stuck below the location deck and once I had the two Sinspawns display on top of each other. The final result was that I could gave up completing that mission. 

It gets weirder...

After encountering the infinite Sinspawn bug (in the Catacombs of Wrath), I forfeit, start a new game, and find her in a different location.

Defeat the Sinspawn, and her card moves back over to the encounter area. Except... It doesn't? She's still off to the side, and the card in the encounter area is her card overlaid with a Sinspawn card. Like, the picture is a Sinspawn, but everything else has the text of both cards. The check says it's a Sinspawn. And when I defeat it, the exploration ends. With her still off to the side. And there she stays until the next turn when I encounter her at the top of the deck again...