Shouldn't Iomedae give two dice to diplomacy?

Maybe you gaming gurus can help.  I thought Iomedae should give an extra die to diplomacy checks.  Am I missing something?  I did a check of the forums, but I didn't see this anywhere.  Mostly just Iomedae and Seelah, but I didn't see diplomacy, but maybe I searched wrong.

Not really, but if you have the Diplomacy skill, which is based off Charisma, then yes, it would add the 2 dice.

Say Valeros is making a Diplomacy check. His Diplomacy is Charisma + 2. So his check is both a Diplomacy and Charisma check, therefore Iomedae would give 2 dice.

Now Ezren tries a Diplomacy check. He does not have the Diplomacy skill, so he rolls a d4 and it's just a Diplomacy check. Iomedae only gives one die in this case since the check is not a Charisma check.

Edited by chainsawash
  • Like 1

Yeah, it was my six character group and Val was trying to close the manor.  There's something hinky with the blessings sometimes, but I'm not really mad.  It did end up costing me the game, but that's just an excuse to play it again.  Still, I had to choose between two dice on cha or one with diplomacy.  If I'd had the diplomacy with the extra die, I would have made the roll.  Missed it by one.  Just one of those things, I guess.

Yeah, it was my six character group and Val was trying to close the manor.  There's something hinky with the blessings sometimes, but I'm not really mad.  It did end up costing me the game, but that's just an excuse to play it again.  Still, I had to choose between two dice on cha or one with diplomacy.  If I'd had the diplomacy with the extra die, I would have made the roll.  Missed it by one.  Just one of those things, I guess.

As reported elsewhere, I had the same issue with Shelyn and Harsk's Wisdom/Survival. It would appear either some Blessings are bugged, or maybe some caharcter skills (my Survival and your Diplomacy) have somehow been 'detached' from their parent Wisdom/Charsma.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

While you're at it, big cahuna, could you make it so that using blessings don't switch to non trained skills. Example, switching Ezren to diplomacy when it's a cha/dip check. If you're not too quick to roll, you can just switch it back to d6s with cha, but it doesn't make sense anyway. Not a huge deal. Not an actual break from the rules, but just a smidge irritating.

• Like 1