Is the PFID cross platform still coming?

TheSoulflame

Question

Hi there!

I haven't been able to play the game for a few months now unfortunately, because I own an iPad mini 1 (and 2 or 3 patches back the game went from 'crashy' to 'crash before every loading screen and thus unplayable'). Because Apple in their infinite wisdom decided to discontinue the iPad mini 4 16GB which was my intended buy if it just dropped a few more euro's (they didn't, it went unavailable and the new 32GB version is even more expensive..), I am also not looking to buy a new iPad, but thinking of getting a K1 Nvidia Tablets.

Now here is my dilemma; I have 150 chests still unopened on my iOS game center login from the Humble Bundle period (in addition to what I already currently have in the game vault), switching to Android means I would lose all that... which is also something I find hard to cope with.

The solution to my enigma was announced some time ago, with the cross-platform logins, so I am wondering (and hoping) where it is on the priority list.

As a ballpark are we talking 'this month', 'this year' or 'next year' before this feature would be implemented?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

We are actually working on that right now.

As an option we are going to be allowing people to use their Game Center/Google Play Games account through FaceBook and assign their PFID#.  Then they can use another platform (eventually this will include PC) and log in through FaceBook, getting that same PFID#, and continue playing their game.

That process is purely optional and will be in the Settings menu.  So if you don't have or want to use the FaceBook account integration you don't have to.

I can't say when exactly it will be released because I will be lambasted both internally and by the forums if I miss the date but it is being tested now and it will be available "Soon"TM.

• Like 3

We are actually working on that right now.

As an option we are going to be allowing people to use their Game Center/Google Play Games account through FaceBook and assign their PFID#.  Then they can use another platform (eventually this will include PC) and log in through FaceBook, getting that same PFID#, and continue playing their game.

That process is purely optional and will be in the Settings menu.  So if you don't have or want to use the FaceBook account integration you don't have to.

I can't say when exactly it will be released because I will be lambasted both internally and by the forums if I miss the date but it is being tested now and it will be available "Soon"TM.

What if I want to be multiplatform but I don't have a facebook account (and don't want one)?

From your comment, it looks like I can be singleplatform without facebook, but it isn't clear that I can be multiplatform without it.

We basically need a 3rd party like Facebook that doesn't use a unique ID like GameCenter and Google Play to link the accounts.  By default Android and iOS don't play nice with each other.

There is quite a few people out there, myself included, that don't want to use Facebook at all.  However, if I wanted to play multiplatform I could make a dummy FB account and cover it that way otherwise I wouldn't use the feature.

Single platform, no Facebook, no problem.  Multiplatform, no Facebook, no multiplatform. 

Hmmm... could it be Google+ account. It is allmost as bad as Facebook account, but a Little better, because you have a Little bit more controll than in the Facebook...

but yep, the Facebook account is much more popular so it means less hasle... sigh...

Facebook is the easiest to implement OAuth method in the PlayFab API.  There are some other options too, but it still has some of the best documentation and support.

I'm guessing it mostly comes down to: "Would you like multi-platform now? Or do you want to wait even longer for us to develop some sort of @pathfinderadventures.net login service first?"

In theory, you shouldn't need to login to your Facebook account each time you open the app.  The OAuth token is just being used to authenticate both the iOS and Android sides so PlayFab knows it can securely link the two together.

Hmmm... could it be Google+ account. It is allmost as bad as Facebook account, but a Little better, because you have a Little bit more controll than in the Facebook...

but yep, the Facebook account is much more popular so it means less hasle... sigh...

Facebook is the easiest to implement OAuth method in the PlayFab API.  There are some other options too, but it still has some of the best documentation and support.

I'm guessing it mostly comes down to: "Would you like multi-platform now? Or do you want to wait even longer for us to develop some sort of @pathfinderadventures.net login service first?"

In theory, you shouldn't need to login to your Facebook account each time you open the app.  The OAuth token is just being used to authenticate both the iOS and Android sides so PlayFab knows it can securely link the two together.

I've played other games that were cross-platform (but without an apparent shared "@pathfinderadventures.net" allowed you to produce a "sync-up" code on one machine and submit it on the other and it then would effectively link them on both (equivalent of the PFID).

It _seemed_ like basically just a way to tell the server (which I have to talk to anyway) that "hey, these two copies of the game are really using the same PFID so please link them up".  Since people have posted their PFID here in the forums it couldn't just be that.

I'm not saying that's not more complicated than just adding facebook support - but it doesn't necessarily mean an entire login server either.

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if there was progress on this front :)

Last October I bought a new device (Nvidia Shield Tablet) and haven't played Pathfinder since (because I had opened over 100 treasure chests on iOS, with over 100 still to open, and having bought everything up until deck 4).

So I am really itching to start playing, but I can't get myself to play on my Android device, knowing I am throwing away hundreds of treasure chests...

You guys are still working on this right? Is it close® on the horizon?

Thanks in advance for any insight on this matter...

Hello Guys,

Last October I bought a new device (Nvidia Shield Tablet) and haven't played Pathfinder since (because I had opened over 100 treasure chests on iOS, with over 100 still to open, and having bought everything up until deck 4).

So I am really itching to start playing, but I can't get myself to play on my Android device, knowing I am throwing away hundreds of treasure chests...

You could send a support ticket and we can now merge your accounts.  We just need your PFID# from each device.  

Oh, and to heck with the Facebook multiplatform requirement.  When the PC comes out you can use your Steam ID and we will allow folks that aren't using Steam to use an email addy.

-F

• Like 2

Hello Guys,

You could send a support ticket and we can now merge your accounts.  We just need your PFID# from each device.  

Oh, and to heck with the Facebook multiplatform requirement.  When the PC comes out you can use your Steam ID and we will allow folks that aren't using Steam to use an email addy.

-F

You make me sooo happy with this answer!

I'll look into it right away when I get home :)