Game hanging/crashing on story mode

Yaozers

Question

Hi guys,

I've had minimal issues with the game until the last patch. Now when I try and continue my game it hangs on the load screen when I hit "start." There looked to be old issues here as well. If I do a reinstall do I lose my characters? Is anyone else having this issue?

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

If you are online you characters are synced to the cloud and should be fine if you do a reinstall.

if you can answer a few questions that would help a ton.

What device and OS version are you running?

Are you trying to continue Story Mode or Quest Mode?

What is your PFID? At the main menu tap options, then tap settings. Your PFID will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!

I'm also having this issue. It worked fine until the last update. When I go into Story Mode, I get as far as choosing the scenario in the adventure, then it just freezes on the load screen. Quest Mode works ok, it only has a problem with Story Mode. I have a Galaxy S3.

If you are online you characters are synced to the cloud and should be fine if you do a reinstall.

if you can answer a few questions that would help a ton.

What device and OS version are you running?

Are you trying to continue Story Mode or Quest Mode?

What is your PFID? At the main menu tap options, then tap settings. Your PFID will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!

iPhone 6, iOS10

Story Mode

PFID 4E76A6D65BD5A307

Same here. Started a topic elsewhere but got no reply. 

Tried switching devices which didn't help. The game went smooth when I started a new party though, until the victory screen after completion of 1-5, where the loot card failed to show up and the continue button disabled.

Anyway, I'm totally stuck in the game now. Should't have been too excited about the update.

Possible work around

Start a new party with the same characters

Would hang up when i tried selecting a level to play on story mode, after a couple experiments i tried that and and could play fine

And it worked from that point on?

Is there any progress lost if you delete the party and start a new one with the same characters? I've been unable to get any of the prior parties working, and haven't had any new parties hang, even with the same characters.