What You Did Today

Gorth

Had a stomach flu earlier this week that had me vomiting so violently I lacerated my esophagus. The resulting pain and fever has taken me a while to recover from. :(

hope you feel better.

as an aside...

http://www.healthtalk.umn.edu/2013/01/24/stomach-flu-myth/

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Feel better TN. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wife had her citizenship oath today. It was an interesting experience that saw more than a couple people crying.

I also found it amusing to see what places most of the people came from. Mexico had the most with 6 or so people followed by the UK and Germany with 4 and 3. I don't think any other countries had more than 2 but as far as continents go then Africa had the most folks followed by Asia. Canada only had one

congrats.

what does one eat to celebrate us citizenship?  barbecue? cheeseburgers, fried chicken and blueberry pie?

had a russian friend o' ours from the gym we frequent pass his uscis civics test last year.  he bet us $100 we couldn't pass one o' his practice exams.  have known the guy for a couple years, but we never mentioned our real job.  didn't take his money as it felt like we were conning him. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps in the spirit o' full disclosure, Gromnir typical tells folks we is in "waste management" when asked what we do for a living.  

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Had a stomach flu earlier this week that had me vomiting so violently I lacerated my esophagus. The resulting pain and fever has taken me a while to recover from. :(

hope you feel better.

as an aside...

http://www.healthtalk.umn.edu/2013/01/24/stomach-flu-myth/

HA! Good Fun!

Hah, thanks. I did actually know that, but I figure the term stomach flu is so prevalent it counts as a shorthand for contagious gastrointestinal virus these days and it's much quicker to type on my phone. :p

Well don't die TrueNeutral, we've run out of sensible people that aren't mods, so they can't replace you.

Usual weekend of screaming and arguing here, I always get a kick of when I tell people that my family has fights every other day and they act shocked whereas it's just life to me :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alas, many innocent threads gave their life....

I've actually spent the weekend doing as little as possible beyond chilling, reading, poking at a few games and that sort of thing. Letting my legs recover. My bank balance might thank me by the time Christmas arrives, but I'm not sure my feet will forgive me - averaging that 20-25km walk every shift has definitely been a new experience.

Plus, five weeks of this might not have been the best of time to break in new boots.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

ps in the spirit o' full disclosure, Gromnir typical tells folks we is in "waste management" when asked what we do for a living.  

Favorite Rodney Dangerfield quote: "I don't know if you are familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it is not the boy scouts."

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Favorite Rodney Dangerfield quote: "I don't know if you are familiar with who runs that business but I assure you it is not the boy scouts."

"Waste Management"... :lol:

Just couldn't help reminding me of the Sopranos.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Alas, many innocent threads gave their life....

I've actually spent the weekend doing as little as possible beyond chilling, reading, poking at a few games and that sort of thing. Letting my legs recover. My bank balance might thank me by the time Christmas arrives, but I'm not sure my feet will forgive me - averaging that 20-25km walk every shift has definitely been a new experience.

Plus, five weeks of this might not have been the best of time to break in new boots.

You should invest in some new soles atleast, your feet and knees will thank you for that :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Something weird about this forum. I'm new but something feels like something big happened before I joined. Like maybe a lot of theads were deleted or maybe the site was down for awhile.

We do not talk about the purge.

This year?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Something weird about this forum. I'm new but something feels like something big happened before I joined. Like maybe a lot of theads were deleted or maybe the site was down for awhile.

Welcome to the forums, I meant to say this earlier :)

Actually you right and it appears most people have forgotten what big event did happen

Many of us were fixated and consumed  by the US election on this forum and in RL

There were constant debates, conspiracy theories  and incomprehensible comments from Trump, I was on a forum and media high  for 6-8 months ....

So  now I imagine we all just chilling for a  bit as the election was very emotional for most of us on different levels :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I created an account on RPG CODEX, I've heard a lot of good things about that place.

Some people here are active members over there

Its considered more  " old school and hardcore RPG community  "  and a place where people can speak there minds without too much censorship

I dont go there  for exactly the reason there is no real enforced moderation so some people are just rude and obnoxious 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I created an account on RPG CODEX, I've heard a lot of good things about that place.

Its considered more  " old school and hardcore RPG community  "  and a place where people can speak there minds without too much censorship

I dont go there  for exactly the reason there is no real enforced moderation so some people are just rude and obnoxious 

I looked up RPG codex on urban dictionary and this is what it says:

"The RPG Codex is a forum for butthurt edgy teens who are "too cool for mainstream RPG's". The result is that they spend all their time playing old RPG's (but not that old) whilst slandering new ones (which they still play anyway). They stalk developers and modders such as Tessera and Wesp5 (who are all apparently German for some reason according to them) and have a weird obsession with many Bioware developers who they delve into the personal and private information of. The stalking of Tessera and Wesp5 has continued for 7 years by several insane individuals who use the Codex.

90% of the posters on the forum could have their own entries on Encyclopedia Dramatica] due to how insane they sound. The Codex also hates the RPG Watch which is actually the real place for sophisticated RPG discussion and not the Codex where you're more likely to find a racist or homophobic thread.

Once upon a time, the RPG Codex was considered a serious place back when developers from Bethesda and Bioware posted on them but after being threatened with rape (yeah, seriously) by the basement dwellers there, the developers decided they had enough abuse from the neckbeards and blocked off all communications with the 'dex. The result is that the Codex has been butt mad ever since towards Bethesda and Bioware.

In truth, the Codex is the place you'd want to go if you want to gossip about developers and their private lives because you're a weirdo. Good luck having a civil "sophisticated" debate about an RPG though since most of these idiots try to act like /b/tards but actually come off sounding more retarded.

The RPG Codex is now the laughing stock of the RPG community and no one takes them seriously anymore."

• Like 1

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

I looked up RPG codex on urban dictionary and this is what it says:

"The RPG Codex is a forum for butthurt edgy teens who are "too cool for mainstream RPG's". The result is that they spend all their time playing old RPG's (but not that old) whilst slandering new ones (which they still play anyway). They stalk developers and modders such as Tessera and Wesp5 (who are all apparently German for some reason according to them) and have a weird obsession with many Bioware developers who they delve into the personal and private information of. The stalking of Tessera and Wesp5 has continued for 7 years by several insane individuals who use the Codex.

90% of the posters on the forum could have their own entries on Encyclopedia Dramatica] due to how insane they sound. The Codex also hates the RPG Watch which is actually the real place for sophisticated RPG discussion and not the Codex where you're more likely to find a racist or homophobic thread.

Once upon a time, the RPG Codex was considered a serious place back when developers from Bethesda and Bioware posted on them but after being threatened with rape (yeah, seriously) by the basement dwellers there, the developers decided they had enough abuse from the neckbeards and blocked off all communications with the 'dex. The result is that the Codex has been butt mad ever since towards Bethesda and Bioware.

In truth, the Codex is the place you'd want to go if you want to gossip about developers and their private lives because you're a weirdo. Good luck having a civil "sophisticated" debate about an RPG though since most of these idiots try to act like /b/tards but actually come off sounding more retarded.

The RPG Codex is now the laughing stock of the RPG community and no one takes them seriously anymore."

That sounds about right....maybe Im being nasty  :biggrin:

• Like 1

John Milton 

So whose alt is this, now?

spockulations2-400x288.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

Farted. 5 seconds later the dog whined and ran XD

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My five-month old black cat gets angry and attacks my behind when I fart.

Hehehe, my kitten just looks at me with a "WTF do you think you're doing" look on him, with a bit of astonishment mixed in.

• Like 1

Farted. 5 seconds later the dog whined and ran XD

My five-month old black cat gets angry and attacks my behind when I fart.

We have a 5 month old black cat as well. She gets angry when we go anywhere near her litter box

• Like 2

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?