What You Did Today

Gorth

Sucky thing about retail work is the turnover. Local shop has had great cashiers that I used to chat with but they all leave within a couple of months.

One of the McDonalds I worked for (the last one) was legit stoked about the fact that we only had 70% turnover. Most stores there run over 90%

Hertz seems to run about 50/50.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There is an ongoing hostage situation involving an armed gunman in the same place my girlfriend lives (luckily she's alright and not involved aside from not being able to go back home until things are safe).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

There is an ongoing hostage situation involving an armed gunman in the same place my girlfriend lives (luckily she's alright and not involved aside from not being able to go back home until things are safe).

Holy crap!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

i baked a pie today. the recipe is something i came up with randomly and while it tastes good, it's pretty messy to eat and it is diabetes inducing so im never making another.

the recipe for anyone interested is puff pastry filled with nutella, banana and ground walnuts. the main problem is that when baked the nutella liquefies and even if left to cool for hours, it stays liquid so it drips all over. maybe if i had used some type of chocolate that does not melt so much it would be easier to cut in pieces.

• Like 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Joke's on you, she is involved, she's the one holding people up!

• Like 2

i baked a pie today. the recipe is something i came up with randomly and while it tastes good, it's pretty messy to eat and it is diabetes inducing so im never making another.

the recipe for anyone interested is puff pastry filled with nutella, banana and ground walnuts. the main problem is that when baked the nutella liquefies and even if left to cool for hours, it stays liquid so it drips all over. maybe if i had used some type of chocolate that does not melt so much it would be easier to cut in pieces.

Sounds revolting.  I wannit  :dancing:

Did the thing, took the dogs for a long walk around the football stadium, and took a bath*

Hope everything turned out okay with the hostage situation

*glorious event pictured below

yrJQKXQ.jpg

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Holy crap!

Things were eventually resolved without injury after a six hour standoff (we're still not sure about all the details but it sounds like the suspect let the hostages go but stayed holed up and the police later deployed teargas before entering and subduing him - apparently it might have been a robbery gone wrong considering that he's being changed with grand larceny, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, brandishing a firearm, and assault and battery among other things and additional charges are pending). Here's some of the more interesting pictures that are floating around the internet:

CxUUsDkXEAAuol6.jpg

582b455fd451f.image.jpg

582b5bae8a08a.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C80

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

15055734_10205894559321711_2493332194291

That's out my back window earlier this morning... woke up to "THIS IS THE POLICE! COME OUT OF THE APARTMENT!" and then a crash...

THEN the loudspeaker goes off in four languages telling us they had a search warrant and for the people to open up and come out.

Any idea what they were looking for? My first guess was drugs but that might be completely off.  :ermm:

Not a clue. I'm assuming drugs or evidence of abuse or something...

Any idea what they were looking for? My first guess was drugs but that might be completely off. :ermm:

The hot dog girl..

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Barbaric. San Diego may not be the earthly paradise we assumed it is.

bmw always provides us a loaner, and would likely hire us a prostitute to meet us at home or service us at the bmw repair facility depending on our preference.  'course, for the amounts o' money it costs to complete simple repairs and maintenance, we is already getting _________ by bmw.  we got no complaints 'bout bmw and their servicing o' Gromnir, but tinstaafl. service comes at a price, even when such is not itemized on the final bill. 

as such, am not able to say if manifested is actual getting jobbed worse than we are. twelve miles o' walking in san diego, or paying "somewhere between ouch and boing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTL453yF5BQ

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes, I didn't go to the dealer, I knew about 'how much is wow' beforehand. The place I went to sourced an OEM part at cost, so I'm gonna give back in gratuity. Should always tip techs you trust. 

Forty-five more minutes and I'll hoof it back there. It's probably like only five miles.

All Stop. On Screen.

My cat felt I was too thin, left me a gift next to my bed (Thankfully not in it), a headless mouse. He's been very cuddly since then :)

Also got my sickleave extended until monday, then I'm back to work. Going to suck donkeyballs, but I hope I manage. My wage this month is going to be depressing.

Though my physiotherapist is... awful cute. So there's some upside to this!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So I'm about to start a project in RPGMaker MV. I decided that one of my stories would be super cool if it had an 80s neon look. Since I think that would absolutely fail in text, I'll try and realize it in crappy sprite based JRPG format!

And my first task was to build a progress bar signature in GIMP to make visual gags about how badly I'm procrastinating. And maybe actually track real progress occasionally. After 2 hours of working on it, mostly trying to figure out how to do easy boxes, I export it just to see if I'm wasting my time and realize that it will be a complete eyesore. I decide to switch to just text updates in my sig. That's called triage. Progress?

Progress.

Untitled.png

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm going to ignore my total lack of artistic skill. If I get far enough for there to be a chance of completing it, at that point I might just hire someone to do the sprites I need. The current plan is to get enough rough areas and characters (complete with bad custom editing) done of the first planet for pre-alpha screenshots as a first milestone.

I find that there's a fine line to tread between talking about a project and being held accountable. If I just talk about a project, that sort of replaces my motivation to actually produce. But if nobody even knows I'm doing it, they can't shame me when I'm being lazy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's an odd thing. The people who find themselves working in the engineering disciplines are a pretty hard drinking lot. I've gone out with coworkers and colleagues for a drink many times and that "drink" was always a spirit of some kind. So I thought nothing of it when our new director invited to whole team out for a drink with him this afternoon as a get-to-know you thing. So we go to Applebees, I'm at the end of the table so I'm the first one the waitress asks and I order a Lynchburg Lemonade (Jack Daniels, Triple Sec, lemon juice, and sweet & sour) and everybody looks at me funny. Then everyone else proceeded to order non alcoholic drinks. Well, needless to say I suddenly felt like the guy who shows up at a wedding thinking it was a toga party. What the hell? It's five o'clock in the afternoon. We're not going back to work after that. So... I did what any self respecting drunk would do. Drained that glass and ordered another. After the second one I didn't feel so awkward. 

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have been working this whole week till 2-3 am in the morning due to a major data extraction requirement 

It was for one of our main  customers, a very prominent and international insurance corporation. Its finally complete but man I am tired now. They treat me well and they obviously pay well but sometimes I envy the jobs some of you guys have that aren't in corporate 

Hurlshot being a teacher, GD working on a farm for example .....it must be nice not worrying about corporate pressure

Anyway I am taking off work today to relax and chill :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela