What You Did Today

Gorth

I have a feeling the real trauma is going to be when all the tests come back negative, proving the whole thing completely unnecessary.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well it was bound to happen. I got a call from the tenant in my townhouse. They are nice folks by the way. Couldn't be happier with them. The problem is the microwave oven trips the circuit breaker every time they use it. All the breakers are 15A which is as high as the county will let me go. So either the breaker is weak, which I can test by just replacing it. There is something wrong with the microwave (it wasn't new anyway) or I will need to call an electrician. I'm hoping the first is true, can live with the second, dreading the third. I just changed the battery in my Fluke 902 Multimeter, packed my tools and away we go.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They certain it's not the ground fault breaker? Don't know if they're as common in the US as in Sweden since they're mandatory here.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It was the microwave oven. Good guess about the GFCI Azdeus, All the kitchen outlets have to have them by code. But the microwave is a overheard range mounted and it's on a circuit with the range fan & light. I put the inductive ampmeter on the power input and when the magnetron kicks on the current draw spikes and trips the breaker. A trip to HHGregg and two hours later and they have a brand new microwave. And I'm out $200 but thems the breaks. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I live in an old house, with some really old appliances (Speaking of microwave ovens, mines older than me. XD ) and the GFCI breaks now and then as soon as there is some power creep.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I went fishing yesterday and true to his word, my new buddy from last weekend showed up with his promised "Mexican carp bait". Turns out that its simply corn tortilla flour (Maseca brand), mixed with water until it forms a bread ball, and then baited on a treble hook. The fish won that day and I didn't catch anything. :(

Then my wife informed me that the clothes dryer wasn't heating up. I looked up some troubleshooting tips online and went down and jiggled a few things in the dryer but no luck. We went and bought a new one which will be delivered and installed next Saturday.

• Like 3

Awww man. Leon Russel passed away. He was a little before most of your time but in the 70's he was a big deal. https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/rock-roll-hall-famer-leon-161623623.html

Thomas Sowell

Our Lizard Overlords has sent his representative to my place again... ;)

Not really, but I was delighted to see that my matted glass window next to my front door has yet again become home to a gecko at night. Little guy just seems have worked out a good deal there, sitting and waiting for insects to be attracted by the light. Sometimes I even leave the light on at night just for its benefit. Yeah, I'm silly like that sometimes.

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey, it's symbiosis: you provide it a home and opportunity for food, it provides you the ability to satisfy your maternal instincts. ;)

I'm currently host to one my siblings and their family because a crazy person has been stalking and intimidating them over the past few weeks. It's currently a madhouse.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Not really, but I was delighted to see that my matted glass window next to my front door has yet again become home to a gecko at night. Little guy just seems have worked out a good deal there, sitting and waiting for insects to be attracted by the light. Sometimes I even leave the light on at night just for its benefit. Yeah, I'm silly like that sometimes.

My front-door denizen is named Lizardo and he or she is more than three inches in length and scampers away almost every day I come home.

All Stop. On Screen.

I remember first time living in Brisbane a few years ago and never been to QLD before. Walking in the kitchen and seeing a gecko run across the benchtop scared the bejeezus out of me. They're pretty good at cleaning up pests. Never saw a ****roach or spider when I was there. However, in Sydney... Really need this things down here. And they're pretty cute too.

Last summer I found this huge, black spider crawling around in my bedroom. My first instinct was to scream like a little girl and squash it in panic, but I kept my cool and watched it instead. Turned out it had built a large net behind one of my window curtains where I always have a small window open. That net was brimful with gnats and mosquitoes and flies.

I let him protect me for the rest of the summer and by autumn he went away without even saying goodbye. I miss him.

• Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Was sad to hear Gwen Ifill died. Was only 61, didn't think she was that old.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So... Hotdog girl is only 19...

I feel like an old perv now.

Anyone being paid to interact with you is not to be trusted. Also hold out for a free hot dog.

Wiser words ...

:something something double entendre:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Aaand, all my tests are negative - yay.

I went through the most horrible medical exam in my life for nothing - boo.

• Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Last summer I found this huge, black spider crawling around in my bedroom. My first instinct was to scream like a little girl and squash it in panic, but I kept my cool and watched it instead. Turned out it had built a large net behind one of my window curtains where I always have a small window open. That net was brimful with gnats and mosquitoes and flies.

I let him protect me for the rest of the summer and by autumn he went away without even saying goodbye. I miss him.

You a much braver man than me, I could never sleep properly knowing there was this huge spider in my room....no waaaaaaaaaaay  :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Who is hotdog girl ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sucky thing about retail work is the turnover. Local shop has had great cashiers that I used to chat with but they all leave within a couple of months.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra