What You Did Today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Got laid off

Oh well, back to stripping

Damn, sorry to hear Shady :(

Pictures or it didn't happen... ;)

Found a roof over my head. Going to move in Friday next week. Just one more week to survive living in hotels. Better start looking for a some "emergency furniture". I.e. cheapest possible and disposable when I get my own stuff shipped back from Europe some day in a not so near future.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Second day at new job. Kinda odd being the authority when you can't do rents due to apprehend being behind. My ankle/Achilles tendon is giving me a lot of trouble after it was partially torn and never really healed.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Got laid off

Oh well, back to stripping

Damn, sorry to hear Shady :(

Pictures or it didn't happen... ;)

Found a roof over my head. Going to move in Friday next week. Just one more week to survive living in hotels. Better start looking for a some "emergency furniture". I.e. cheapest possible and disposable when I get my own stuff shipped back from Europe some day in a not so near future.

Gorthie...I was going to ask you earlier when you mentioned your old homeland 

Why did you move back to Oz...details young grasshopper ...details  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

F*** getting laid off. It's good that you still have some income for a few months at least.

Gorth got laid off? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

F*** getting laid off. It's good that you still have some income for a few months at least.

Gorth got laid off? 

Shady did. As for moving back, let's just say I missed the climate and the geckos ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Dammit Shady that sucks! I know how that feels. Hopefully they sent you off with a decent severance.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Gorth got laid off? 

Shady did. As for moving back, let's just say I missed the climate and the geckos ;)

No that answer is lacking in accurate information, Gorth please dont break your record by being laconic or nebulous with your views  :yes:

What do you mean by weather ? The UK only has good weather in summer...you knew that ? But why not go back to Denmark,,,,where do your friends live? In Oz I assume...so do you consider Oz your home ?

John Milton 

Gorth got laid off?

No that answer is lacking in accurate information, Gorth please dont break your record by being laconic or nebulous with your views  :yes:

What do you mean by weather ? The UK only has good weather in summer...you knew that ? But why not go back to Denmark,,,,where do your friends live? In Oz I assume...so do you consider Oz your home ?

You should know by now that I'm almost physically incapable of lying... not even the little white lies. Truth is indeed that i missed the pleasant climate here in the sub tropics. Denmark is even worse than the UK, being cold and miserable 11 months most years. As for "home" and friends... being an old introvert I never had a large social circle, a few good friends, several of which I've had for 2-3 decades are not deterred by a bit of geographical distance. Besides the weather, I just felt claustrophobic in Europe. Whether in Germany or the UK, it was like it didn't matter where you went, if felt like there were hordes of people everywhere and endless queues of cars, even on the smallest of country roads. I just needed to get back to a place where I can get away from people when I feel like it, open empty areas without any people nearby just an hour or two away.
  • Like 2

Gorth got laid off?

You should know by now that I'm almost physically incapable of lying... not even the little white lies. Truth is indeed that i missed the pleasant climate here in the sub tropics. Denmark is even worse than the UK, being cold and miserable 11 months most years. As for "home" and friends... being an old introvert I never had a large social circle, a few good friends, several of which I've had for 2-3 decades are not deterred by a bit of geographical distance. Besides the weather, I just felt claustrophobic in Europe. Whether in Germany or the UK, it was like it didn't matter where you went, if felt like there were hordes of people everywhere and endless queues of cars, even on the smallest of country roads. I just needed to get back to a place where I can get away from people when I feel like it, open empty areas without any people nearby just an hour or two away.

Now we talking, you see the difference? Your ability to make a good post  is always better than me guessing :)

Okay that reason makes perfect sense, you require wide spaces to function properly and feel normal, this is not uncommon. Its strange how I am the opposite, i get bored and a little anxious if I am out the city for more than 2 weeks or so 

Also this confirms what I suspected last time, you are very good at your job. Yes ERP systems are complex and can take time to learn but I imagine once you have your experience you can work in any country in the world as there should always be SAP, JD Edwards or Baan (not sure which you do as you didnt mention it )  :thumbsup:

For those confused by my post basically Gorth is an ERP consultant and he is very fortunate as he move much less effortlessly as he can generally always find work....am I right or am I missing something, be honest if I have this whole thing wrong  :biggrin:

John Milton 

Earlier today, I sat in a 3 our board metting that got very heated. I told the rest of the board that I would resign if the club didn't start acting more professional and put up suggestions on how to do it and why. At first people were reluctant, but most of what I wanted was accepted at the end, so I'm happy and tired.

Gorth got laid off?

does gorth like rabbit?  gd likely has more recipes for rabbit than does Gromnir.  

personal, am planning to end up in idaho on a ranch/christmas tree farm 100 miles from nowhere.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I had a new sliding glass door installed yesterday (in replacement of the old janky one) and it looks great. We got one of those kind that has the shades built-in, between the layers of glass, and I cant stop myself from sliding them up and down.

Boy, we sure do have a lot of mail strippers around.

I had a new sliding glass door installed yesterday (in replacement of the old janky one) and it looks great. We got one of those kind that has the shades built-in, between the layers of glass, and I cant stop myself from sliding them up and down.

You have made a typo I assume ? You wrote " I had a new sliding glass door installed yesterday " didn't you mean to say  " I installed a new glass door "  ....Gfted1 you know we never let anyone do DIY.  We always do it ourselves, it defines our manhood and I would be shocked if you had compromised your manhood in this way?

Think about what people on the forum would think?

John Milton 

still banging my head on the desk from the frustration of not being able to use my new graphics card yet... im almost tempted to go buy a new screen instead of waiting for that converter.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Gorth got laid off?

does gorth like rabbit?  gd likely has more recipes for rabbit than does Gromnir.  

personal, am planning to end up in idaho on a ranch/christmas tree farm 100 miles from nowhere.

HA! Good Fun!

Idaho, that sounds nice 

What would be your typical Native American Xmas dinner? Turkey i imagine

John Milton 

Idaho, that sounds nice 

What would be your typical Native American Xmas dinner? Turkey i imagine

the question is a bit... gauche.  is current 567 recognized tribes.  is a considerable number o' tribes still not having recognition.  each o' those tribes is gonna have its own traditions.  and keep in mind just how geographical large and diverse is the United States.  not surprising then that the indigenous peoples would be diverse as well.  

*shrug*

our christmas dinner, when we could afford to do christmas dinner, were not too unfamiliar.  christianity is common 'mongst the lakota, with catholicism being the most common denomination. and our family were catholic.  we celebrated christmas.  always had some kinda decorated tree.  for dinner we perhaps had turkey or pheasant or perhaps a roast beast o' some kind. couldn't always afford an extravagant meal, but gift giving were a tradition 'mongst the lakota long before europeans and christianity arrived, so we always exchanged gifts, even if were small stuff. menu items which might be unfamiliar to bruce would include wampanackali (which we believe our grand father learned from a huron or iroquois, so is not a lakota recipe and would not be common at other lakota christmas dinners) fry bread, wasna, and plum cake.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You have made a typo I assume ? You wrote " I had a new sliding glass door installed yesterday " didn't you mean to say  " I installed a new glass door "  ....Gfted1 you know we never let anyone do DIY.  We always do it ourselves, it defines our manhood and I would be shocked if you had compromised your manhood in this way?

Think about what people on the forum would think?

Hey, a fella has to know his limits. 

christianity is common 'mongst the lakota, with catholicism being the most common denomination. and our family were catholic.

Ive often wondered about this. Good ifo's. :thumbsup:

christianity is common 'mongst the lakota, with catholicism being the most common denomination. and our family were catholic.

Ive often wondered about this. Good ifo's. :thumbsup:

in the spirit o' full disclosure, we got no numbers to back up our impressions o' lakota christianity.  nationally we got numbers that says 3/4 o' indians is christian and a majority o' those is catholic, but there is baptists and lds and methodists on the rez... or maybe lutherans.  all those protestants get kinda jumbled for us 'less we got a specific case. regardless, gifted shouldn't take our impressions 'bout lakota christianity as... gospel.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

in the spirit o' full disclosure, we got no numbers to back up our impressions o' lakota christianity.  nationally we got numbers that says 3/4 o' indians is christian and a majority o' those is catholic, but there is baptists and lds and methodists on the rez... or maybe lutherans.  all those protestants get kinda jumbled for us 'less we got a specific case. regardless, gifted shouldn't take our impressions 'bout lakota christianity as... gospel.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't even know what I don't know. Its good info for me in that I didn't even realize the majority of NA's embrace some form of Christianity. For some reason I assumed they follow a more "tribal" religion. Youre the only NA that I actually "know" so I could pepper you with questions all day. :lol:

That is until... 

For what it's worth and it's probably not much but most everyone I know is Catholic too with a few Baptists mixed in. 

Mind you I don't have tribal citizenship, just friends and family. So yeah.

:mindblown:

Shady, I had no idea that you are a NA! Which tribe is your lineage from?

Hilarious dream, not sure what the hell spawned it, but was essentially as if I were in a buggy RPG. Trying to walk some old man to a chamber but then the evil overlord (my boss I assume) was stuck running into a wall nearby, then did that scene over in my head but some guy who was I guess to ambush me came out too early. At least this all woke me up early with the absurdity of it all.

Even my dreams are buggy.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

HA! Good Fun!

I don't even know what I don't know. Its good info for me in that I didn't even realize the majority of NA's embrace some form of Christianity. For some reason I assumed they follow a more "tribal" religion. Youre the only NA that I actually "know" so I could pepper you with questions all day. :lol:

That is until... 

For what it's worth and it's probably not much but most everyone I know is Catholic too with a few Baptists mixed in. 

Mind you I don't have tribal citizenship, just friends and family. So yeah.

:mindblown:

Shady, I had no idea that you are a NA! Which tribe is your lineage from?

I'm not really anything or I guess more accurately I'm most everything, 'murican

My maternal grandparents were halfish, not like 1/64 or anything like that but if you saw them you would think black first instead of native... unless you are black then you might wonder what they were mixed with.  My grandpa was a rolling stone and had quite a few kids before he finally settled with my grandma and it's some of those kids that live on a reservation. 

Most of my exposure has been to local reservations in Arizona rather than to the ones in Oklahoma where I've only been once or twice and they are quite different other than the poverty which most reservations seem to have in common

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21