DEVS, how about this idea?

"I agree with somet that Pazaak was fun, but there's just not enough money to be won to justify wasting time on it. Now, if there was some sort of pazaak tournament on any given planet where you could play your way up the ranks and win a big jack pot...it could be an interesting sidequest...especially if you involve a little espionage, blackmail, and sabotage. "

What do you think of this idea? It could be a pretty involved, not to mention optional, sidequest, that could be a fun and interesting diversion from the main quest. It would be achieveable by low level, and high level characters, alike.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

There was a guy on Tattooine in the hunters lodge that would play forever and each game you could win a couple hundred credits after playing him about 10 times the amount you could bet went up to like 500. Probably a bug but he made me filthy rich. How much money do you want to win from it?

That being said there should definitely be a Pazaak tournament. The more things I can become a champion of the better. There should also be a swoop bike championship. Im sure they recovered from the destruction of Taris by now.

There was a guy on Tattooine in the hunters lodge that would play forever and each game you could win a couple hundred credits after playing him about 10 times the amount you could bet went up to like 500. Probably a bug but he made me filthy rich. How much money do you want to win from it?

That's playing one person 10 different times. I could hardly be arsed to play somebody twice, let alone ten. :) Plus, the situation I described would be a lot more interesting.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That's playing one person 10 different times. I could hardly be arsed to play somebody twice, let alone ten. :) Plus, the situation I described would be a lot more interesting.

Normally I didn't play Pazaak but just two games got me 1000 credits.Thats worth playing Pazaak many times. I bought every single special item on Korriban.

Yes a tournament would be interesting. But playing every Pazaak player as much as they allowed netted thousands of credits and some items. So I do think it's silly to say Pazaak didn't earn you enough credits. And you shouldn't just be allowed to join a Pazaak tournament you should have to prove yourself in lots of one on one matches and get invited.

why should pazaak be played for credits? why not bet items as well? solo won the falcon, calrissian won cloud city- so why not win something bigger? play pazaak to gain entry to an equipment facility- or to get information.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

How about the ability to cheat for us Darkside players? I always wondered why my PC had to play fair being a powerful Sith Lord? Can't I just use force persuade to get him to take a hit on 19? Shouldn't I now be able to use force sight to see what card in the deck is coming up next? I mean does the Pazak deck hold some mystical property that disables my force powers? I love the game of Pazak and don't mind playing fair but logically it doesn't make any sense why a Sith Lord wouldn't use the force to gain an advantage.

Cheers!

Tournaments are good :blink:

Oh, and as for the swoop race, if we go back to Tatooine or Manaan (for reasons unknown) imagine the possibility of Revan's times still withstanding... and in order to get the exact times as you got in KOTOR 1, speak to the race judge and he says 'What was Revan's record again?' Dialogue options 21.21, 21.22, 21.23, 21.24 ... :D

why should pazaak be played for credits? why not bet items as well? solo won the falcon, calrissian won cloud city- so why not win something bigger? play pazaak to gain entry to an equipment facility- or to get information.

That is an excellent idea :)

why pazzak? why not make it texas hold 'em

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I like that idea. It was boring to play only for credits. The stakes should be higher. of course, you will have to risk something too, maybe even your life... like the death match vs Bendak.

there are a lot of games in the WIZARDS galactic campaign guide- i'm also on favour of the cheating thing using force powers. however, there's an important thing to that:

SPECTATORS! we had them at swoop races. why not at pazaak? they could notice if someone is cheating- so the dark lord wont be able to cheat all the time as some spectators might notice. also, spectators might tell others about the skill of the character

"so... i hear you're the one who took Seth Kast that droid away? think you can beat me?" - Gal Kalen, crime lord

or something like:

"the magnificient master gerba says that he has heard reports of your puny yet remotely fascinating skill at the pazaak game. he demands you to undertake the futile attempt to compete against his brilliant mind." - P3AD, hutt translator droid

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Arkan, May 14 2004, 11:50 AM

"I agree with somet that Pazaak was fun, but there's just not enough money to be won to justify wasting time on it. Now, if there was some sort of pazaak tournament on any given planet where you could play your way up the ranks and win a big jack pot...it could be an interesting sidequest...especially if you involve a little espionage, blackmail, and sabotage. "

What do you think of this idea? It could be a pretty involved, not to mention optional, sidequest, that could be a fun and interesting diversion from the main quest. It would be achieveable by low level, and high level characters, alike.

Great idea Arkan. B)

manthing2.jpg