Hail travelers! ;)

You came here because you can't make up your mind about what MC to play? You don't want to stick to "classic stereotypes" such as the "skinny mage" or the "strong but stupid warrior"? You have come to the right place! :)

This post is born after a suggestion from Jojobobo. He said in another thread of mine, I should build THE thread where one can either post or search for unusual builds. These builds, unlike the OFFICIAL builds thread, need not be "the strongest" in any way. They just represent the poster's will to enjoy the game in an original way, or to reproduce some "archetypes" from other RPGs or other fantasy worlds. They MAY or MAY NOT be extremely competitive, they are just meant to be FUN.

Well, that said.. 

If you have some ideas, just post them here. You don't need to be schematic nor extremely accurate like in the official thread, you can just post an IDEA and share it with the other members!

E.g. In other threads I thought of several MCs... the Nature's Warden Paladin, the Buccaneer Rogue, the Skald Chanter....

Ok, let's hear from you!

P.s. If this thread is in any way inappropriate, because -let's say- it is redundant with the official one... or for any other reason..let me know. 

• Like 1

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I'm just playing my nature's warden now, and I've come to think that I'd like to play an "explorer" in this game. Someone who could scout ahead, and be mobile on the battlefield, while maybe healing or sneak attacking or something else. In my opinion this could be: Ranger... Rogue.... or what else? 

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

A rogue woul fit best in my opinion. He can scout, search for traps, open the fight with a sneak attack, maybe even a backstab and then retreat to the group. He needs high move speed for this. So either Fast Runner and/or survival bonus and/or Boots of Speed or another item with move speed bonus seem to be important. Else he will get caught while returning to the group.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Scouting and searching for traps are no rogue's exclusive (love this game for this)..

I even thought of a cipher for that role.. Backstab maybe is (except the cross class talent).. I agree instead on the speed thing. Only a speedy character can accomplish such task...

Uhm... thinking thinking...

While what you say is true, the rogue is very battle-oriented... I'm not looking to micromanage positions to achieve sneak attacks or the like.. It's a personal taste, but for me, the real pathfinders are rangers, even though I must recognize that even the ranger favors combat in its own way...

What I have in mind is... the hooded traveler, with the quarterstaff and (in the case of the ranger) his faithful companion. Elusive, not very talkative and sneaky. 

The animal is obviously not a staple... maybe even a monk could be a traveler of this kind...