Greatclub nerfed?

Longshot11

Question

This might not even be a new thing, but I just noticed in the Gallery - the club is now using you STrength/Melee + 1d10. It used to add 1d10+1, which is a departure from all non-magical weapons logic, but this IS how the real card is implemented in the physical game.

I guess my question is - is this an intentional nerf, or did someone thing the "+1" was a bug and removed it?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

3 answers to this question

Looks like an intentional fix, and it happened sometime before v1.1.3.  

Digging further back in the archives, Greatclub and Greatclub +1 used to have the same card text (Strength or Melee skill + 1d10+1), which was probably an oversight.

----

Edit:  Even though the deck was full of typos earlier in the game, this wasn't one of them. Longshot is right. (see below)

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Digging further back in the archives, Greatclub and Greatclub +1 used to have the same card text (Strength or Melee skill + 1d10+1), which was probably an oversight.

It was not - that's my point. When the non-magical Greatclub first appeared in one of the Class Decks with its d10+1 way back, it raised more than a few eyebrows on the Paizo forums (and I personally dislike this departure from convention) but it was confirmed by the designers as intended.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Ah.  I see now.  Sorry, I was unaware the great club had a controversial past.

No errata on this one. It's a perfectly healthy card as is, even though it confounds some expectations. And gaining the Magic trait is worth something, even if nothing else changes from card to card.

So, I guess the change was either a silent update for consistency's sake, or maybe someone just assumed it was a typo when it was meant to be that way in the first place.  The mystery continues!