Should the EU become the United States of Europe? What do you think?

Ben No.3

United States of Europe?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should the EU become one single nation?

• Yes, it should
    • Yes, but EU members who don't want to participate should still be part of the EU as it exists now
    • No, not right now
    • No, the EU members should become closer to each other but not a single nation
    • No, I oppose the idea of a EU nation
    • No, and I don't support the EU in the first place

I figured Gfted1 would appreciate this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ceta-canada-eu-trade-deal-belgium-justin-trudeau-charles-michel-a7382851.html

I guess somebody made a phone call after they recovered from their laughing fit.

Well, ****, I wonder how long it'll take before they start suing people.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Quite a few countries have split in the past several decades and one even has Split. I think the most recent was South Sudan

But thank you. I believe that answers my question.

Yes, obviously it is possible, also in a peaceful way. But I can not think of any constitution that allows a country to split.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Let's not forget that the EU is the 'empire' that allows a 15 year old girl to have a romantioc/sexual relationship with her 45 year old uncle and even the parents trying to stop them in court fails. HAHAHAHAHA!

And, people make fun of the stereotypical 'incestual' 'hillbillies' in the US. :p

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Age of consent, as disgusting as the incestual part is, atleast they have the FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOM to do it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Age of consent, as disgusting as the incestual part is, atleast they have the FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOM to do it.

Having sex with young girls is an essential liberty only statist scum would deny.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Age of consent is a violation of the NAP and anyone who enforces it is treading on liberty.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So it's generally accepted that there is more of a sense of homogeneity and national pride in places like Dresden than in Frankfurt? And is there a correlation between there being low EU support in the former and higher in the latter?.

I just wonder what happens when the cases like this kid come up, (assuming it was in Germany) is there a political atmosphere of not expecting migrants to live by the same laws (initially or otherwise) because throwing the migrant in jail is seen as too harsh a sentence, and peaceful multiculturalism is the primary social and civil concern. I only ask because it's clear the EU wants a peaceful multicultural Europe above all else, and I would say if EU laws are filtering down into the courts and this is the result, countries like Austria may be seeing a rise in popularity for groups like PEGIDA and the AFD.

I will love to answer these questions, just clarify for me: where concretely where the migrants put above the law?

Ugh, work in finding sources.  I didn't say above the law though - I got into this a while back in another thread and conceded that in Sweden it can't be proven that migrants are behind the high rape rates because of the law, it's interpretation of rape, info government keeps from public, and what is required for a conviction (namely that women needs to prove she fought back and didn't want to be raped; which was a problem for that woman tied down and gag raped - but hey, judge just ruled it out becasue she might have been into BDSM).

So the party currently in power, and the EU set the precedent for the laws in the country and the general direction that judges go - so don't you think that when they "don't protect their kids" to paraphrase President Putin from that earlier link, or this:

"A wheelchair-bound Swedish woman says she was gang-raped by five migrants who were then released days after their arrest, as the victim allegedly did not do enough to fight off her attackers, according to prosecutors."

Surely they are doing what they are so afraid of by driving the population towards those parties?.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/10/12/protest-migrants-gang-rape-woman-wheelchair/

Would member states be able to leave this hypothetical United States of Europe? I ask because of what happened when some of our states tried to leave and all the mess with the Brexit. Though I doubt many in the UK would be willing to go to war over it

The thing is though that if parliment overturn the vote, it would be a public display by the elite/governing class that says democracy is done (what we have of it anyway). That should freak everyone out, whichever side they're on. And it doesn't seem to.

• Like 1

Wait, I had to re-read this; was that satire? Or do you really mean it?

I'd rather see 15 year olds have consentual sex with their 45 year old uncles than 16 year olds driving cars.

Edited by Azdeus

Wait, I had to re-read this; was that satire? Or do you really mean it?

I'd rather see 15 year olds have consentual sex with their 45 year old uncles than 16 year olds driving cars.

Your trolling me right? hehe, you should have gone with "In Sweden we respect the right for men under duress of a sexual emergency in Austria to rape boys - and for the judges to get them off (no pun intended) under the grounds that the boy did not speak the same language, and could no express that he would rather not be raped.

Edited by Chippy

Your trolling me right? hehe, you should have gone with "In Sweden we respect the right for men under duress of a sexual emergency in Austria to rape boys - and for the judges to get them off (no pun intended) under the grounds that the boy did not speak the same language, and could no express that he would rather not be raped.

Nah, that's not okay, they've got kangaroos for that. :)

• Like 1

I have not heard of that case before, please bring me up to date, and please point me out how it's the EUs fault if a grown has sex with an underage girl. From what I know, at least in Germany we call that sexual abuse with consent, rape without.

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

And everybody knows

The German age of consent is 14 from what I recall, you live there don't you? What is the age of consent there?

Yes, it is 14. However, over 18 year olds can not have sex with under 18 year olds regardless of consent. An exception is if the two were in a relationship before one turned 18.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Under Swedish law, you could argue that she is under his "care" sort of, since he's her uncle, wich would require an age of 18 for it to be legal. Otherwise, it's 'fine' - as long as they don't try to concieve, then it'd be unlawful if I recall correctly.

Surprisingly strict law that, I thought Germanys law was similar to ours on that part.

I have'nt heard of this case either to be honest, I would'nt mind some more info on it either.