The 'Sidian Tyranny thread

Gorth

It might be nice for a sequel to re-evaluate that and dismiss it as KIS having spent time in Sage capitivity and picked up some nonse from them, and they actually run in complex family units.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

all this talk about Tyranny made me reinstall Pillars (never finished it, got to the dragon fight in the last act and dropped the game). I'm not making the same mistake again, though: to hell with Hard difficulty, Story mode for me this time.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

A warewolf joined my party, or 'beastman', whatevs. They made the mistake of telling the voice actor to try and sound like an animal, and I'm getting a kid's TV vibe rather than scary supernatural beast. It's also a bit weird to hear her use terms like 'Alpha' and 'Beta'. It's breaking the fourth wall. She could have said 'leader' instead of 'Alpha', she isn't supposed to know  terms used in behavioral studies of animal packs. 

Other than that, having a blast. 

I don't see an issue here. That are intelligent species and they can call themselves how they want.

As The WItcher author Mr. Sapkowski once said we cannot shone the use of modern terms and language in fantasy because it would lead to utter nonsense.

After all if the beastmen cannot call themselve Alphas and Betas how can we have a Tyrant in a world without Greece? Or Kings without Franks and so on.

It's a bit like two talking dogs discussing behavioral conditioning and dog training. It's too on the nose.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It's also a bit weird to hear her use terms like 'Alpha' and 'Beta'. It's breaking the fourth wall. She could have said 'leader' instead of 'Alpha', she isn't supposed to know  terms used in behavioral studies of animal packs. 

On deeply flawed studies, to boot!

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I also reinstalled Pillars after finishing Tyranny. I liked some of Tyranny but PoE feels "right" to me as soon as I get into the game. Pretty much everything about the gameplay is way more up my alley, and the UI is so much better.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm starting to get annoyed by the Sunset Spire just standing there taunting me. I can cheat to claim it, but I'm afraid I'll skip content if it turns out there actually is a quest that opens up later...

I find I'm doing a lot of errands instead of ruling or building my army, I haven't read any of the Archon's biographies but I don't think they went around fetching packages.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yep, I opened it too soon and it seems I missed out on a lot of content and messed up some of the narrative (people keep saying I have 2, when I have 3 etc). Can't seem to get into the sections of the oldwall under it either.

Fortune favors the bald.

You're alive!

I don't remember that song. I guess it's not Oldwalls?

I love how this game lets you keep item description open even when your'e out of the inventory. Makes puzzles easier when I don't have to keep opening the inventory to remember what the clues are. Its the little details that get me.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Finished as mage - really loved the magic crafting system, but would've loved to see some crafting for weapons. Also the ending was a little abrupt, but not really seeing the merit of the widespread criticism.

My game crapped out on Leviathan's Cross and Twin Rivers though, so I never were able to fully explore the first or even visit the second (maybe due to the fact that I guessed the symbol of Sunspear before I should).. Too bad, but not game breaking.

Also, seeing as so many factors influence each other and require triggers, I'm pretty lenient on those kinda bugs here at release :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I meant crafting in the vein of PoE, like adding small bonuses to existing items. Giving your starting robes/amor a +10 to a skill or something similar. 

It's mostly because I often can't stand the look of of unqiue items in most games.

But yes, making them Masterwork certainly makes them pretty great, I just wish you could add those smaller bonuses as well.

Fortune favors the bald.

The update that's just patched through apparently resolved whatever the issue I was having, and gave me the final option to declare my edict and end the game.

Hm, although the end slides were a bit disconcerting. 

I seemed to get about half a dozen end slides relating to the Disfavoured and how I'd broken them, and how pretty much every choice to not be a complete **** but seeking to inspire loyalty means pretty much every location turns to crap.  Taking the Magebane Helm leads to the destruction of Lethian's Crossing, even though I'd destroyed the trapped Bane and all that stuff (plus, I had no option to not take the Helm if I wanted to progress in the game). Even though I became Prima of the beast clan, because I'd also quieted the Edict of Stone, they were run off by the humans. Because I didn't destroy the Library, I claimed it. But apparently chose to keep it to myself, and even with my good relationship with the Sages, they were scattered and useless and faded away - So I'm guessing their future was locked by the Burning of the Library in the conquest phase right at the beginning with no effect from what happened in the game itself..

One thing I'm somewhat surprised at as well, is that although the companion dialogues through the game suggested it, there never actually came up anything about Barik's armor or Sirin's headdress being removed. Unless those are locked behind other choices. I guess I'll have to retry at some point firmly following the Disfavoured and the Scarlet Chorus and seeing what crops up.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yesterday I crafted the foil badge and initiated trades with two fellow Obsidianites for regular cards so I can craft the regular badge.

Today I got a booster pack. The card gods have a sense of humor.

• Like 2

I meant crafting in the vein of PoE, like adding small bonuses to existing items. Giving your starting robes/amor a +10 to a skill or something similar. 

It's mostly because I often can't stand the look of of unqiue items in most games.

But yes, making them Masterwork certainly makes them pretty great, I just wish you could add those smaller bonuses as well.

Questions, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I feel that the ending looms near and I fear that I won't level up enough and that I've missed a lot of content. With that in mind, could you tell me if there is a newgame + option?

village_idiot.gif

The update that's just patched through apparently resolved whatever the issue I was having, and gave me the final option to declare my edict and end the game.

Hm, although the end slides were a bit disconcerting. 

I seemed to get about half a dozen end slides relating to the Disfavoured and how I'd broken them, and how pretty much every choice to not be a complete **** but seeking to inspire loyalty means pretty much every location turns to crap.  Taking the Magebane Helm leads to the destruction of Lethian's Crossing, even though I'd destroyed the trapped Bane and all that stuff (plus, I had no option to not take the Helm if I wanted to progress in the game). Even though I became Prima of the beast clan, because I'd also quieted the Edict of Stone, they were run off by the humans. Because I didn't destroy the Library, I claimed it. But apparently chose to keep it to myself, and even with my good relationship with the Sages, they were scattered and useless and faded away - So I'm guessing their future was locked by the Burning of the Library in the conquest phase right at the beginning with no effect from what happened in the game itself..

One thing I'm somewhat surprised at as well, is that although the companion dialogues through the game suggested it, there never actually came up anything about Barik's armor or Sirin's headdress being removed. Unless those are locked behind other choices. I guess I'll have to retry at some point firmly following the Disfavoured and the Scarlet Chorus and seeing what crops up.

I was also surprised by some of the results in the end slides, but then again i was still mostly exploring options via various choices. perhaps there are some quest conditions you need to meet, more dialog options gated by background or companion that you have in the party when talking to a "faction"

I transfer a message for one important point evoked in another topic :

------------

I have finished Tyranny.

I start to thinking with optimization and redo the game.

And I have a big problem with Skills trainers : (The 5 points per level)

If Sirin, Kill in shadows and Eb arrive later... They can't obtain the same number of training point by level. And its ridiculous : my verse has 89 in bow. Lantry has 92 in lore.

Has equal level, when Sirin come ...She has 50 in lore. There is a BIG problem with this system. Its not ten points lower, but 40 !...

I think the five training points should be accumulate freely.

Level 2 ?

5x2=10 skills points to spend.

Level 10 ?

5 x 10 = 50 (Memorized and usable at anytime. This solution fix all the problems)

etc.

Its also a problem when you unintentionnally pick a level BEFORE talk to a skills trainers. You miss sometimes your points for the precedent level. In the same way : arrive too late and spend 3 or 4 points instead of 5, because the fourth trigger the level up...

I hope a patch for fix this. Its very annoying and break the choice of companion.

Why to abandon barik, Lantry and verse with full charge of points ? Its problematic. Sirin, Eb and Kill in shadows do not serve anymore in that case.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1