The 'Sidian Tyranny thread

Gorth

Chugging along in my second playthrough

Still a mage but this time running an all magic party and trying to side with the rebels instead of the Disfavored

Also, curious if they plan on doing expansions or DLC and where they would put that content

Free games updated 3/4/21

Chugging along in my second playthrough

Still a mage but this time running an all magic party and trying to side with the rebels instead of the Disfavored

Also, curious if they plan on doing expansions or DLC and where they would put that content

"all mage party"

Who's tanking?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Whoever doesn't move out of the way

Seems like you get a lot of casualties, i'm curious about how you offset them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Everyone has some healing spells and a lot of potions

PS plus it's my second time playing so I'm better with the mechanics and even though some things have changed I still more or less know what to expect

Edited by ShadySands

If there is one thing I hate about CRPGs is how they require you to understand some arbitrary rules that attempt to be balance but end up favoring a particular playstyle.

village_idiot.gif

I started the game and I really like it. I think the world is not evil but rather "realistic". The game does not encourage you to be a hero who saves every kitten of every tree (most games give the best rewards if you act nice and "lawful good"). In Tyranny you have to make choices, they can range from being nice to being a complete psycho, most options make sense and they have good and bad consequences. Much better than most games I know.

I play a female mage who tries to be "lawful neutral". I follow the law, punish criminal no matter how good their intensions were and I tell everyone who stands in my way: "This is the LAW and you must obey. Do as I say or suffer the consequences!" I demand payment if people want me to work for them, but I will not accept bribes if people want me to ignore the LAW. I am loyal to Kyros and Tunon. I sides with the disfavoured and I will stick with them unless they try to cheat me at some point. I consider the scarlet chorus to be insane psychos and I will only do something for them if I get a really good reward for doing so, else I tell them to get lost.

I will play the game again after I have finished it. I want to make a male 2h warrior with tons of strengh and no brain, choose a completely different conquest, turn off the option that shows reputation change in the dialogue window and try to act like a brutal psycho.

For combat, sometimes it is boring. Sometimes I press pause to see for all chars if anything has finished its cooldown because often I see nothing but auto attacks. Combat feels very slow. "Auto slow in combat" was the first option I have turned off. I used it in PoE because with 6 chars there is always somebody who can use any useful skill.

Thought I'd give a quick spin on Tyranny to redo Act 3 from the beginning (since its such a short one) and see if it glitches again on letting me end the game.. Only to have it crash when I talk to a companion on the spire before starting out.

I'm wondering if Tyranny actually wants to let me finish it properly. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"If there is one thing I hate about CRPGs is how they require you to understand some arbitrary rules that attempt to be balance but end up favoring a particular playstyle."

It's not quantum chromodynamics. Just click on stuff until they die.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I sides with the disfavoured and I will stick with them unless they try to cheat me at some point. I consider the scarlet chorus to be insane psychos and I will only do something for them if I get a really good reward for doing so, else I tell them to get lost.

This seems to be the default choice for most people on the first run. Anybody chose chorus, rebels or nobody?

My first run to take the power in my own hands and made everyone kneel before me or die.

Yup, replayed act 3 from the start, got Tunon's allegiance at the end.. and then nada. Still can't get an end game to come into motion. >_<

Right now I'm feeling like this might be Obsidian's best game. I know I've heard complaints about it being too short, so that might temper it. I really didn't care about the PoE companions, but this lot are simply a lot of fun. Lots of strong personality in this crew. And lots of interesting people to meet and kill when they don't bow to your authority.

I gave them a chance!

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thought I'd give a quick spin on Tyranny to redo Act 3 from the beginning (since its such a short one) and see if it glitches again on letting me end the game.. Only to have it crash when I talk to a companion on the spire before starting out.

I'm wondering if Tyranny actually wants to let me finish it properly. :p

Obsidian quality there! :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I sides with the disfavoured and I will stick with them unless they try to cheat me at some point. I consider the scarlet chorus to be insane psychos and I will only do something for them if I get a really good reward for doing so, else I tell them to get lost.

This seems to be the default choice for most people on the first run. Anybody chose chorus, rebels or nobody?

I'd recommend someone side with either the Chorus or the Disfavored on their first run too

The Scarlet Chorus and Disfavored split is more of a chaos or order choice so it's not surprising to me that more people are siding with order even if they are brutal in their methods and somewhat rigid in their thinking

I started with the Disfavoured but then betrayed them midway through Act 2. Something about burning the library, and the Archon of War was annoying me with how much he was taking me for granted since I kept pulling off stuff his elite troops couldn't.

I started with the Disfavoured but then betrayed them midway through Act 2. Something about burning the library, and the Archon of War was annoying me with how much he was taking me for granted since I kept pulling off stuff his elite troops couldn't.

I did the same but not for any real reason other than to everyone's reaction. Ah, Tyranny, my own personal social experiment. :)

Right now I'm feeling like this might be Obsidian's best game. I know I've heard complaints about it being too short, so that might temper it. I really didn't care about the PoE companions, but this lot are simply a lot of fun. Lots of strong personality in this crew. And lots of interesting people to meet and kill when they don't bow to your authority.

I gave them a chance!

I said that while playing Stick of Truth but didn't really mean it. New Vegas just sits in a category of it's own, above the rest. But it's good to know Obsidian has made another, probably flawed gem.

PoE is a sprawling epic, while Tyranny is a much more focused adventure.  It is good to see the improvements they've made on their second go around with the engine, so I'm hoping that PoE 2 continues that route.  

Honestly I'm over the real time combat, but thankfully there is story mode.  The game is still worth the price of admission without it.