Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Kicking off the new thread with the tail end of the old thread:

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/93217819

here it is, stream begins at 12:20

---

Death and Taxes for all!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Because the official Tyranny forum is on Paradox site?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Since this is an Obsidian game why not put the thread in the Obsidian forum

This is the Obsidian forum.  Do you mean general?  No one goes there.  This has the best visibility.  

Too bad if that's true because there's a pretty interesting thread there right now.

The last video was very interesting.

So you gain exp for aggressive skills when you do damage, you get exp for defensive skills when you take damage and you get exp for support skills when you deal damage while you have a buff or while the enemy has a debuff.

some things:

- I hope offense and defense are balanced. When you attack with a weapon, your weapon skill goes up and you hit more often and harder, gaining more exp. When you improve a defense skill, you can evade attacks better, the damage you take goes down and you get less exp.

Also the offensive exp are limited by the sum of HP of all enemies. The defensive exp are limited by the damage you can take. Players might prolonge fights by taking more damage and healing themselves to max out defensive and healing skills. Can you heal enemies to get more offensive exp?

- It looks like the support skill of all chars go up when one of your chars use them (several chars got a skill+ when one of them disarmed a trap). On one side this is good because you are not forced to always have one char in your party ( There is one who is good in disarming traps, but you have to use him even if you do not like him). On the other side, will different chars in your party have not only different personalities but also different skills? I am not sure what is best.

- I hope when leveling up it is dependent on your base skill. In the game they found an item that gave +dodge (or parry, not sure). If your skill is higher you need more exp to increase it further. Better gear might make you level up slower.

Dev Diary #11 – Kills-in-Shadow

In our last developer update, we introduced you to Eb, Tidecaster of the Tiers. For this week’s update, we’re going to introduce you to another of your potential Companions – the Beastwoman known as Kills-in-Shadow.

tyranny_dev_diary___killsy_portrait.png?Kills-in-Shadow is a monster. She’s frightening and hairy. She stinks of wet animal and has an insatiable bloodlust for violence and slaughter. She’s also a clever hunter, a brutish, skilled fighter, and is tenaciously loyal (unless, of course, she has sensed a weakness) to whomever she chooses to follow, whether that be her ruthless sister, Creeping-Death, who was the last leader of their savage tribe, or a human Fatebinder stronger than even the toughest of Beastwomen.

As a member of a race of partially-humanoid, feral Beast creatures, Kills-in-Shadow is intelligent but uneducated, hulking but agile, and an unapologetic killer but not evil. She’s a highly evolved predator, forever marked by the magic of Haven’s dark forests–primarily driven by instinct and an insatiable lust for violence. She is also boastful, daring, smart, easily excited, and has a quirky sense of humor. She often snorts, snarls, growls, and chuffs with laughter.

As the last surviving Shadowhunter, she’s on a single-minded hunt for blood and vengeance, and will not be satisfied until each and every Disfavored has been wiped from Terratus. And though her kith were slaughtered mercilessly during Kyros’ conquest, the Shadowhunters had a reputation for being one of the most vicious tribes of the Tiers. If most Beastwomen are hyenas, Kills-in-Shadow is a lone lioness–proud, regal, and wholly deadly. Drawn by a spectacular display of strength and prowess, she is now stalking the Fatebinder’s scent.

And she likes to play with her prey.

~Megan Starks, Narrative Designer

Combat Role

Kills-in-Shadow was designed to be a silent predator and a savage bruiser on the battlefield. She possesses an abundance of stealth talents to help her initiate combat with an advantage over her prey and a tremendous hit point pool that allows her to stand her ground as she continues to batter her enemies into mush. Her talent trees focus on either further developing her skills as a deadly clawed stalker or those of a massive primal brute.

When building Kills-in-Shadow’s talent trees, we wanted to give players elements that focused on evolving KIS’ inherent racial advantages. Being a Beastwoman KIS possesses deadly claws, natural hide Armor, an affinity for stealth, as well as a sizable amount of health. She’s quite the perfect hunter. Her talent trees take different aspects of these traits and enhance them further to help fit the play style most desired. Kills-in-Shadow’s ‘Ravager’ tree is efficient at leaping from the shadows onto weaker prey, aiming to kill instantly, before moving on to rend surviving enemies with her claws, tear into Armor, and cause heavy bleed effects. KIS’ ‘Titan’ tree is built to take advantage of her massive size, by providing talents such as those that expand her larger health pool, allow her to engage multiple enemies, or that grant her devastating enrage effects.

Below are some of the abilities available to Kills-in-Shadow:

Beastmen Race: Kills-in-Shadow cannot wear armor, dual wield, or use ranged weapons that require both hands, but she possesses natural hide armor and is capable of wielding two handed weapons in a single hand.

Leaping Death: Leap onto a nearby enemy from stealth, heavily damaging all foes in the area and knocking them Prone.

Primal Scream: Roar at nearby enemies, Frightening them. If this ability is used while stealthed enemies become Terrified instead.

Disembowel: Use both claws to rip the target’s stomach open, dealing a large amount of Slash / Pierce (best of) damage and leaving them Bleeding for an extended duration.

Trample: KIS moves rapidly towards her enemy, trampling foes in her path. Enemies caught in her path take Crush damage and are knocked Prone.

Taste of Blood: Causes all attacks from stealth to inflict a lasting bleed affliction. When Taste of Blood triggers, KIS receives a regeneration effect until combat ends.

Stance: Berserker Rage: KIS enters a primal frenzy. While in this stance, damage taken is increased, but KIS receives a large bonus to Endurance and Melee Damage.

Kills-in-Shadow is a fearsome predator and a powerful warrior. If she initiates combat while stealthed, (especially on a weaker target), the combat is heavily in her favor. With her Leaping Death and Trample abilities she is a highly mobile unit on the battlefield and can easily be positioned where she is needed most. Her huge health pool and strong single target abilities make her exceptionally apt for standing toe-to-toe trading blows with stronger enemies, often as a tank or bruiser. While she has a tremendous pool of health, she lacks the protective qualities of heavier Armor, causing her to soak up a lot of damage quickly from faster low damaging attacks that an Armored character might mitigate more easily. If KIS is quickly surrounded, or healing is not readily available, she is best to escape with Trample, or risk being felled.

With her stealthy tactical surprises, heavy hitting strikes, and damage soaking kit, Kills-in-Shadow is a force of claw and mass to be reckoned with.

~Nick Carver, Systems Designer

tyranny_dev_diary___killsy.png?w=730

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 2

I expected a 2017 date at this point. That's close! And it's right in the middle of two other games I'll be playing. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's always a struggle because I want to support this developer, but I won't use anything in the overlord edition.  ...And I refuse to pay for product I won't use.  I mean, the guide is tempting, but I'll probably not use it other than to flip through it for fun and interesting tidbits.  The ringtones appeal to me, but it would be a hollow excuse since it's not like you can't do that with an extra five minutes without them being prepackaged.

I think, since I'm confident the game will be great (although I've avoided reading anything except the main background information), I'll instead preorder one copy for myself and one copy for a friend.  I have a few buddies who enjoy RPGs.  It's time for one in particular to look for life outside of Azeroth.

I have one question for the old regulars here, though, how much does it really matter to the developer if a bunch of us preorder the game or not?  Does it even help them?  Gotta support developers who put out the goodies you enjoy, but doesn't it really matter?  Tell us newbies what difference all this makes.

I have one question for the old regulars here, though, how much does it really matter to the developer if a bunch of us preorder the game or not?  Does it even help them?  Gotta support developers who put out the goodies you enjoy, but doesn't it really matter?  Tell us newbies what difference all this makes.

Who knows? Obsidians financial situation is their own busines. They seem to be in a far better situation than a few years back, however the modern realities of business often mean that one is forever staring into the abyss. It's a publisher funded game, so they have been paid for it presumably, and have less of a personal investment than Poe. As creators they may well want to see their creation prosper naturally.

After being a touch dissatisfied with Poe personally i'll be waiting for trusted reviews and solid feedback. Of course I wish for a good RPG despite all my complaints, and hope Tyranny is successful based on inherent quality.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I understood pre-orders more when we were talking about brick and mortar. Helps the store figure out how much they need to order, in addition to gauging interest for everyone else in the chain.

In the age of digital, I'm sure it's still of value, but it's something harder to pin down. Still useful for gauging interest and a good item for the company to point to if they're making any deals, but don't know how much value that has or what happens beyond that point.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know and I don't care. Pre-order has become a toxic, horrible practice and I'm never pre-ordering anything ever again. Please do the same. Buy it Day 1 if you want (I probably will), just don't pre-order. It's not like they will run out of stock, because 1) the game is relatively obscure and 2) it's only on digital distribution platforms!

I get why stores do pre-orders.  It helps determine inventory, particularly for smaller boutique stores like Gamestop.  But yeah, digitally it's weird that it is a thing.  

edit:  Or what Tale already said.  I must be tired.  :p

Edited by Hurlshot

Yeah, instead of purchasing the overlord package, I bought a copy to gift to a friend. I like how you can purchase something as a gift and leave it in your inventory until you want to send it to someone. I have someone in mind, but I'm not sure who'll get it so it can sit there while I figure it out. I want to send it before the game releases, though. Mine is ready to download on day one.

I'm pretty confident I'll like it. Unlike others who've been badly burned by the preorder experience, I have rarely been let down by something I was really looking to play. In the realm of stupid choices, preordering is pretty far down for me.

Pre-ordered the lowest/basic edition on GOG

Was going to as well, then I read the min specs. I know Unity is a bit of a pig, but 6 GB of RAM seems a little excessive. So it'll have to wait until I replace my 10 year old (in ten days time) computer which will probably be Jan/ Feb when Zen is released.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

The last words of the narrator on this video, "How could we have known that the fate of thousands would rest in your hands?" Isn't the answer to this provided in the video itself, because that's part of his job as a Fatebinder? Seems a little silly to not know that.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I wonder why the price difference is €10 between GOG and Steam.

It's not? They're bot €41.99 for me.
I was wrong, there's an €8 difference. GOG has the game listed in my local currency which equals €34. Edited by Labadal