[1.4.1] Dice graphics rendering issue

mccrispy

Question

OK, this may well be an emulator issue as I haven't seen everyone screaming about it. Since 1.4.1 my dice are rendered incorrectly - it looks like an issue with layers that are missing, which may have something to do with the fixes applied to the z-order issues that seem to have been fixed in this patch.

Here's some screenies: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gusk3pu45o41dyo/AABm181vIIhzDep4Mvj7IbgNa?dl=0

Edited by mccrispy

5 answers to this question

This is definitely an issue related to AMIDuOS. I have installed BlueStacks (which I hate because it's an App Launcher with "free added bloatware" rather than an OS emulator) and it works perfectly fine in this respect. So I've put in a support request with AMIDuOS (and I have less hope of getting a response/fix there than I ever have with issues here).

There's definitely something weird going on here! As I try to assign dice, any dice shown in the top right of the screen show up fine, anywhere else it's all wrong. Then when I select a die that looks usable in the Gallery, it doesn't look the same in the game when being played.

more screenies: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g8k4je16kthztre/AABswV8ROPHINsu3BMqW6Wrma?dl=0

No issues here either, so I'll second that as an emulation issue.  Either it isn't fully supporting OpenGL/3D rendering or the video RAM is set too low.

[i swear, its happened too many times that a poorly-behaving VM was fixed after I discovered it only gave itself 32MB RAM and 16MB VRAM...]

I've improved things with an updated driver, but everything still has a "dull" look and any die that has black numbering is very hard to read. The VM has 3096 MB of RAM but it does run a little slow. I'll see whether I can tweak it further (though very little is exposed other than assigning RAM to the VM