Blessing of Gorum did not add 2 dice on Melee check

Kiirnodel

Question

Very strange bug.

Quest Mode. Full party of 6, all at different locations. Kyra is active character at the Treacherous Caves. Combat comes up with a Bugbear, and she doesn't have any weapons in hand, but she does have a Blessing of Gorum.

I discard the Blessing of Gorum, but it only added 1 die instead of 2. I tried going to another character and discarding a Blessing of Gorum, and it added 2 correctly. Went back and tried again with Kyra, no go.

Not sure why it worked for one character but not another. I have screenshots if we need 'em, but apparently my tablet takes screenshots at a really high resolution, so I would need to edit them to pull down the file size.

17 answers to this question

This has already been reported internally and we are working on a fix.

This issue if a roll uses a dice of 1d6 or lower and you play a specialized blessing on that roll (One that grants you two dice instead of one) you will only get one dice.

• Like 1

I think I also hit this in normal story mode in AD4 with Lini using a Scythe and adding a blessing of gorum only added 1d (I think)

Will update once I have had a chance to play more

EDIT. Looks like the interaction is with Swipe

Lini facing a ghoul. Ezren played swipe to reduce difficulty and add Magic trait.

Lini plays BoGorum => adds 1d4. Retried with BoPharasma adds 2d4

EDIT2:  Nope, gorum just doesn't work

Picture 3 is Lini just using Gorum. Only added 1 dice

post-155342-0-59097000-1475651948_thumb.jpg

post-155342-0-92920500-1475651968_thumb.jpg

post-155342-0-68745900-1475653463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matsu Kurisu

------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with

iPad mini 4th Gen iOS 10.3.3

Primary party

MERISIAL, EZREN, LINI, SEELAH

That definitely wasn't the problem. When I was trying to use Gorum, my only options were either Combat Strength or Combat Melee, both of which are Strength checks for Kyra. So it should have added two dice no matter what.

Also, I ran into the same problem again later on in the same game, but with Lini using a Slingshot and a Blessing of Erastil. Very strange.

• Like 1

I encountered something similar, again in the Forbidden Cave.

Harsk was trying to temp-close it, and played a BoShelyn on himself (he has the skill Survival: Wisdom +2). Only 1d6 was added to the check to close, which has - as expected- defaulted to his better Survival instead of Wisdom). I changed the check to Wisdom: I now (properly) got 2d6 to my check but (properly) lost my Survival bonus.

It would appear Shelyn wasn't properly detecting Survival as a Wisdom skill for Harsk.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Harsk was trying to temp-close it, and played a BoShelyn on himself (he has the skill Survival: Wisdom +2). Only 1d6 was added to the check to close, which has - as expected- defaulted to his better Survival instead of Wisdom). I changed the check to Wisdom: I now (properly) got 2d6 to my check but (properly) lost my Survival bonus.

It would appear Shelyn wasn't properly detecting Survival as a Wisdom skill for Harsk.

After the update, I had a Shelyn issue as well.  I tried to play two of them on a Wisdom check, but it would only accept one (two additional die instead of four).  Checked the drop-down and Wisdom was selected, but it refused to take both Shelyn blessings.  Unfortunately, can't remember specifics.

After the update, I had a Shelyn issue as well.  I tried to play two of them on a Wisdom check, but it would only accept one (two additional die instead of four).  Checked the drop-down and Wisdom was selected, but it refused to take both Shelyn blessings.  Unfortunately, can't remember specifics.

Did you try to play both BoS with the same character? Because that is forbidden and would be working as intended.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Did you try to play both BoS with the same character? Because that is forbidden and would be working as intended.

Different characters tried to use BofS.

This has already been reported internally and we are working on a fix.

This issue if a roll uses a dice of 1d6 or lower and you play a specialized blessing on that roll (One that grants you two dice instead of one) you will only get one dice.

Why is that even an issue of what die you use. All dice should behave the same regardless of its type, especially when it is the most common die type.

Please test your patches better to not break fundamental mechanics as it makes it next to impossible to actually play properly.

• Like 1

This is the first bug that actually makes me angry! There have been many bugs in this App but this is the one that has made my game hugely more annoying to play. I rely a lot on using skill matched Blessings to boost checks for characters with low skill and this bug completey eliminates that strategy. So now all my characters fail all their non-combat checks (with the exception - thank goodness of Barriers 'cos the Blessing of Abadar gives 2 dice to a Barrier check and so is unaffected by the skill match bug) because I'm lucky enough to always get D4/D6 non-combat checks.

This needs fixing as a matter of extreme urgency - a week is too long to wait for this fix, especially as it was introduced in this patch so it must have come from the changes made for this patch.

• Like 1