Your origin... Where do Pillars players come from? (poll) [big update on 6 oct... Pls vote again(sry guys] ;)]

Home continent  

149 members have voted

1. 1. So, please select your beautiful home continent

• Africa
    • Asia
    • America, north
    • America, south
    • Europe
    • Oceania/Australia
    • Antarctica
    • Eora

France here.

But what is the right answer for France in this poll ? Middle Europe ? It would be more Western Europe for me.

Middle Europe would be more Germany and/or Poland for me.

Yeah. Tbh I've never heared the term "Middle Europe" ever. It is usually "central Europe" and France usually is considered West Europe along with Spain and Portugal. Then again Spain is usually considered part of south Europe along with Italy and Greece! And France has also a big portion of Mediterranean coast (south)! There are no clear definitions of "parts" of Europe. That's why simple continent choice would have bee just fine.

OP, put the original poll back and stop confusing us! We'll vote again :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

Be careful about stretching the results of this poll too far - I suspect there are a lot more North America players than the forum population reflects. In my experience they just aren't as likely to be the really hardcore Infinity Engine gamers like Europeans tend to be. Thus the relatively low forum attendance.

Oh, and changing a poll in the same thread after it has already drawn some votes is gonna screw with things even more. People might tend not to check the thread a second time/vote again/etc.

Anyway, I'm from the US. Baldur's Gate II was probably my first 3d isometric RPG (and I think my first major computer game period) and I've been addicted to Infinity Engine and paper-and-pencil style CRPGs ever since. If I'd paid more attention to Pillars of Eternity when I first heard about it I probably would've gotten involved in crowdfunding it. I bet some of my friends from circa 2000 that I have since lost touch with, wherever they are, have a copy on their computers too. Save vs. Nostalgia -6: fail!

Also I'd note that depending on what you consider "Europe" (west + east + maybe Russia), that may include somewhere around 800 million people.  North America has 320m in the US, 125m in Mexico... maybe a few dozen folks up in Canada :p .  Maybe some 500 million.  So if the player base had the same per-capita ratios, you'd expect Europe to have quite a few more players compared to NA.

​Doesn't seem to be a big Asian contingent though...

Edited by demeisen

Be careful about stretching the results of this poll too far - I suspect there are a lot more North America players than the forum population reflects. In my experience they just aren't as likely to be the really hardcore Infinity Engine gamers like Europeans tend to be. Thus the relatively low forum attendance.

Also please remember, this game has been out long enough that it is no longer being actively developed outside of maybe one more patch and Obsidian is about to release it's next game.  I would say forum activity is going to be at an all time low right now regardless.

A part of my country is in Asia, a part is in Europe.

Russia ?

Turkey ?

Kazakhstan ?

So unless you live on the top of the Ural or on a boat on the Bosphore, I suppose you actually live on one side :-

Anyway, Europe and Asia are technically not really a different continent. Even North/South America and Africa/Eurasia are not strictly speaking different landmass, so...

Edited by Elric Galad

I'm from the Aedyr Empire... I mean the UK.

Rome, Italy, i hope PoE 2 will be translated aswell because PoE italian is beautifully written.

One of the best translation ever seen, and not easy to do considering the amount of text.

Huh, that's really interesting and good to hear. As a monolinguistic Philistine I've only experienced the game in English, and it's good to hear that the translations are good (well, the Italian one at least). 

• 1 year later...