Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 3.04 Beta is Now Live ; Patch Notes Within

update patch live 3.04 beta

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3563 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Updates through GoG Galaxy are pain free, though.

rheingold

rheingold

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Gog Galaxy is much better I have to admit - but sometimes it tries to redownload the game - either that or their patches are massive. Not sure what the problem is, but all I know is that for all of my issues with Steam it actually just works really well.

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I can't manage to play the beta, i checked all places on impostation of steam, but my version still remains 3.03
  • Sjakie likes this

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 677 posts
Does it actually state you are on beta version in game on the main screen? Or will it show only the last released patch?I haven't beta'd in awhile....

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
No just the version 3.03.
In steam --> settings i choose " beta partecipation - steam beta update"

What make me puzzled is that instead if i go in games --> pillars of eternity --> properties --> beta --> there is only " none - opt out all beta programs" selecatable, and i can't find a way to add more potions or change it
  • Sjakie likes this

Aurelio

Aurelio

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Follow these instructions:

https://forums.obsid...betas-on-steam/

If you start the game, the version number should be v3.04.1139

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 677 posts
I went in through Properties on Steam and the beta option was available.

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Ooops my bad i wrote the pass without pass lock ... Sorry everyone and thks for help

Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

Grape_You_In_The_Mouth

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts

I can't participate in the beta but the fixes look good---I wasn't even aware of these except for confident aim, but that means I appreciate fixing the underknown bugs even more, as I had no idea combat was being affected by these.

Love that fixes are continuing, as this is a hallmark RPG for future players to experience.

Also, would have to say that from a money perspective I'd be fine with no new updates.  Game plays great and combat errors are unnoticeable to me.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3563 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've got a question about the fix for "multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets". The only issue I'm aware of is that they didn't work on ranged or unarmed attacks--I take it this has been fixed, then? Were there additional issues with them?

This thread and the feedback thread have been eerily silent; who's playing the beta? What are the impressions so far?

I'm going to contribute feedback on communication, encounters that feel underwhelming, and bugs I'd like to see fixed in this update soon. Shame I can't contribute to the actual patch testing :(

draego

draego

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm not sure if the charm affect is fixed in the beta are not for the last enemy. When i charm the last monster and then attack it the charm seems to come off. Also if i charm a monster and let it go the charm comes off pretty quickly. i would expect the creature to stay charmed for the duration of the affect and it is not.

Now that i look back at the beta fix it says. Charming all enemies in combat will no longer reset combat. This works in beta but this is only part of the fix i would think though. It seem that charmed affect is still bugged. 

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
No i'm Pretty sure they wanted to correct the fact that if no One was targeting you the fight ended ( es : you are surrounded by mobs but just 2 are hitting you , you charm only them, fight ended). The last enemy was and still is " uncharmable" and this is a good thing imho

Edit: i tryed beta last night, up no now all is in order, i'm doing with a dolo chiper to see how new charm mechanichs works, up to now everything seem fine.

Edited by Dr <3, 06 October 2016 - 09:27 PM.

• AndreaColombo likes this

draego

draego

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I get it but it makes the aoe charms gimped a little if you accidentally charm that last several enemies not just the last one and oh well they all are enemies again spell wasted. This doesn't make since. I dont see the difference between charm or paralyze, unconscious, etc effects. They all disable enemies to the point where enemies have no action against you so you can take care of them. If would be equally crazy if you paralyzed all enemies but because of some code quirk they all became active again instantly. 

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Just a question: somebody killed Durance? Can't find him anymore!

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Ok: up to now i have to signal 2 major bugs:
1) there is Durance at megran fork
2) caed nua did not compare on the map, so it is unreacheble and you are actually blocked in act 1

Sking

Sking

QA Lead

• Developers
  • 643 posts

Ok: up to now i have to signal 2 major bugs:
1) there is Durance at megran fork
2) caed nua did not compare on the map, so it is unreacheble and you are actually blocked in act 1

Durrance and Caed Nua will not show up until you complete the quest 'Visions and Whispers'

- Sking

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Oh my... 900+hours of play and i have to discovered this now 😂

Shame on my, sorry for wasting your time

Edited by Dr <3, 07 October 2016 - 10:47 PM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3563 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I posed the question in the 3.04 feedback thread as well, but figured this thread might be reaching more people.

What do you guys think about making spiritshift abilities like Cat Flurry Attack 1/encounter instead of 1/rest?

I really dislike 1/rest abilities as I tend to save them "just in case" and end up never using them; either that, or I rest spam to use them every encounter which is lame anyway.

Considering that some forms have passive abilities that are always on (e.g. Wolf's movement speed bonus, even though that one seems not to be working?), I don't think it would be unbalanced. Thoughts?

• grausch, JerekKruger and lameover like this

Dr <3

Dr <3

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I totally agree, in particolar stag druid carnage should be per encounter, having it 1/day is a pain.

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 677 posts
I think spirit-shift itself is already very powerful. Why enhance it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update, patch, live, 3.04, beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users