The 3.04 Beta is Now Live ; Patch Notes Within

I can't participate in the beta but the fixes look good---I wasn't even aware of these except for confident aim, but that means I appreciate fixing the underknown bugs even more, as I had no idea combat was being affected by these.

Love that fixes are continuing, as this is a hallmark RPG for future players to experience.

Also, would have to say that from a money perspective I'd be fine with no new updates.  Game plays great and combat errors are unnoticeable to me.

I've got a question about the fix for "multiple issues with Glittering Gauntlets". The only issue I'm aware of is that they didn't work on ranged or unarmed attacks--I take it this has been fixed, then? Were there additional issues with them?

This thread and the feedback thread have been eerily silent; who's playing the beta? What are the impressions so far?

I'm going to contribute feedback on communication, encounters that feel underwhelming, and bugs I'd like to see fixed in this update soon. Shame I can't contribute to the actual patch testing :(

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm not sure if the charm affect is fixed in the beta are not for the last enemy. When i charm the last monster and then attack it the charm seems to come off. Also if i charm a monster and let it go the charm comes off pretty quickly. i would expect the creature to stay charmed for the duration of the affect and it is not.

Now that i look back at the beta fix it says. Charming all enemies in combat will no longer reset combat. This works in beta but this is only part of the fix i would think though. It seem that charmed affect is still bugged. 

No i'm Pretty sure they wanted to correct the fact that if no One was targeting you the fight ended ( es : you are surrounded by mobs but just 2 are hitting you , you charm only them, fight ended). The last enemy was and still is " uncharmable" and this is a good thing imho

Edit: i tryed beta last night, up no now all is in order, i'm doing with a dolo chiper to see how new charm mechanichs works, up to now everything seem fine.

Edited by Dr <3
  • Like 1

I get it but it makes the aoe charms gimped a little if you accidentally charm that last several enemies not just the last one and oh well they all are enemies again spell wasted. This doesn't make since. I dont see the difference between charm or paralyze, unconscious, etc effects. They all disable enemies to the point where enemies have no action against you so you can take care of them. If would be equally crazy if you paralyzed all enemies but because of some code quirk they all became active again instantly. 

Ok: up to now i have to signal 2 major bugs:

1) there is Durance at megran fork

2) caed nua did not compare on the map, so it is unreacheble and you are actually blocked in act 1

Durrance and Caed Nua will not show up until you complete the quest 'Visions and Whispers'

- Sking

I posed the question in the 3.04 feedback thread as well, but figured this thread might be reaching more people.

What do you guys think about making spiritshift abilities like Cat Flurry Attack 1/encounter instead of 1/rest?

I really dislike 1/rest abilities as I tend to save them "just in case" and end up never using them; either that, or I rest spam to use them every encounter which is lame anyway.

Considering that some forms have passive abilities that are always on (e.g. Wolf's movement speed bonus, even though that one seems not to be working?), I don't think it would be unbalanced. Thoughts?

• Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think spirit-shift itself is already very powerful. Why enhance it?

Mine is a convenience concern, rather than a power concern.

As I mentioned, having those abilities 1/rest makes you instinctively "save" them for the one tough encounter that actually never comes before you rest. In the case of Cat Flurry Attack, it can be easily replaced with Outlander's Frenzy, which is as good if not better (and is 1/encounter); not sure how the Stag's carnage would play out as 1/encounter but it is pretty much the form's perk—without it, there would be no reason to pick Stag and to be honest, if it's only going to be there 1/rest then why pick Stag indeed? Rather roll a Barbarian who has the ability on all the time.

My point being that the increase in convenience would be greater than the increase in power; of course it's fine if you disagree :)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

I do agree in principle, but I guess that's why they introduced Gyrd Háewanes Sténes - 20% on hit/crit chance is pretty massive (especially with the scepter's insane accuracy), and you only have to use it as a secondary weapon. Still, I'd be all for changing that level of the weapon and making Druid Spiritshift 1 per encounter in the final few character levels.

I do agree in principle, but I guess that's why they introduced Gyrd Háewanes Sténes - 20% on hit/crit chance is pretty massive (especially with the scepter's insane accuracy), and you only have to use it as a secondary weapon. Still, I'd be all for changing that level of the weapon and making Druid Spiritshift 1 per encounter in the final few character levels.

You may have misunderstood me. Druid Spiritshift is already 1/encounter; IIRC, the scepter gives you another use in the same encounter.

My request is to make unique abilities that become available once in spiritshift form (e.g. Cat Flurry Attack) 1/encounter too, instead of 1/rest as they are right now. As 1/rest, I mostly ignore them because no encounter seems important enough to warrant "wasting" the only use I've got until I decide to rest, which makes the impact of those abilities virtually nil.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

We've decided to leave Druids how they are.  

I've seen some chatter on the 'Waels Boon' issue. This is by design, here is a quote from our writer "I thought this was an oversight at first, but looking at it again, I think we omitted this on purpose. With the other gods, you have to commit to their plan for how to deal with the souls in order to get their boon. With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan. They just get a new option out of it."

- Sking

• Like 5

Thanks for the feedback, Sking!

Does that mean I get to swap Wael's Boon with a different issue in my list of top 5 bugs I'd like to see fixed in 3.04? ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

I've seen some chatter on the 'Waels Boon' issue. This is by design, here is a quote from our writer "I thought this was an oversight at first, but looking at it again, I think we omitted this on purpose. With the other gods, you have to commit to their plan for how to deal with the souls in order to get their boon. With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan. They just get a new option out of it."

- Sking

That doesn't make any sense. That you don't get an option to commit to it (this: "With Wael, the player doesn't have an option to commit to his plan") is the bug. When I first reported it you even said that there was a bug blocking a dialogue that let you commit to it.

That quote is just saying 'you can't get it because you can't get it'.

If what he means to say is that the option to commit to it was removed on purpose: Why? Becauseit's to late in the game? That doesn't make sense because the option to commit to Skeans plan comes even later and is still in.

Edit: Why do you have to screw my priest of Wael so hard? You already gave her the worst Symbol spell. T__T

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 1

I'd said it before already, I'd appreciate two changes in the deity talents system, one for wael and one for all:

1. it seems that waels talent is right now the worst option. Dazed is a very easily applied effect. Can we maybe see an lesser version of miasma of dull mindedness? It would fit lore wise, and it would make wael much more attractive. Bewildering spectacle would also be an interesting option...

EDIT: another fitting spell would be a lesser wizards double. This, especially together with te wael's eyes robe, would enable the priest to get an very high deflection bonus, making wael am intruiging option for a melee priest.

2. Can we have the deity spells per encounter for high level priests (12 or so...)?

:)

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

You're confusing boons with high-level deity-specific spells there :)