Interesting, as fighter is generally regarded as a much more passive class, especially in comparison to a monk... So in what way did you find the fighter more intruiging? :)

Edited by Ben No.3
  • Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Interesting, as fighter is generally regarded as a much more passive class, especially in comparison to a monk... So in what way did you find the fighter more intruiging? :)

Big hits for sure, two handed sword doing 70sh hit on regular attack is really satisfying, Also I can use him much more offensively and still be relatively safe while when I played monk I was constantly pulling out of fights. Fighter just stay here whole fight taking punishment and dishing it to others. He is always my last man standing

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

You should have given Veteran's Recovery to the monk and give him an equal item setup. If you do this, he will have the same sturdyness while dishing out more damage and more CC.

But I agree that playing a dps fighter with a two hander can be satisfying - I like Charge a lot, but sadly you need to level a lot to get it. :(

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You should have given Veteran's Recovery to the monk and give him an equal item setup. If you do this, he will have the same sturdyness while dishing out more damage and more CC.

But I agree that playing a dps fighter with a two hander can be satisfying - I like Charge a lot, but sadly you need to level a lot to get it. :(

My first playthrough was on vanila, so no Veteran's Recovery for him, aslo I dont like idea of monk in full plate

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So... you compared the survivability of a fighter in heavy armor with a monk's in light armor? That's a bit like complaining that a fighter in light armor is less sturdy than a fighter in heavy armor.

By the way: one of the best plate armors in the game (He Carries Many Scars) is an armor that was made for a monk (see description). So in PoE lore it's not weird that monks wear heavy armor. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods