Ranged "buccaneer like" rogue...is it viable?

Another fun fact: the historically most accurate weapon to use would probably be the blunderbuss... It's large opening allowed reloading without wasting to much gunpowder while being on a moving platform (horse, ship, ...). So if you want to go realistic... :)

• Like 1

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

In a manner of speaking you'd be right, even if I think that three pistols (aumaua) would weigh a ton! ;) Not to mention 3 blunderbusses! I'm trying to play it now, and firearms do a wicked damage. They're terribly slow, though... trying to think of what to do while I only have 1 pistol... go melee?

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I think the reload time is worth it.... But sure, if you want to go melee. The whole enchantment story still applies. Also, don't worry about weight... Aumaua and dwarfs aren't particularly weak ;)

And everybody knows

I think the reload time is worth it.... But sure, if you want to go melee. The whole enchantment story still applies. Also, don't worry about weight... Aumaua and dwarfs aren't particularly weak ;)

While I reload, as a rogue I'm taking a ton o' damage... yes, I send the others in the front line and that helps a bit... but it's an annoying situation...

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Veterans recovery could help...

Blasted white march which I still don't own... For now I'll do without. 

This character is quite good, and especially the 1st shot from the pistol (and I have the disappointer...haha) one shots quite every foe. 

What I'd really like is... getting him to be a smart mouth. Dunno...lore...(mechanics are obvious).. for stealth I don't know, 'cos I took Backstab, but I have to be close to target with a firearm (2m) and this requires me to get very close to targets without being noticed... 

Advices required ;)

Well, how about giving kana Acient memory (healing aura) and have him be a ranged chanter with sure handed at the back with your rouge? Might solve your death-problems ;)

Other than that well simply sneak up, backstab-shot, escape behind your frontline

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Good choices, and good advices... And since the chanter is my other favourite class (other thread), it might already work... 

Shall I not pick Lore then?

No no no no

Lore still gives you WAY more options... Being rational is just a bit more flavour.

But seriously, it depends... Having lore is exactly that, knowing things... So if you want your character to be knowledgeable go for it. If he should be rational go for it. If he should be intelligent go for it. It comes down to personal taste.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

also don't underestimate reputation

You're talking about the fact that repeatedly choosing for example rational will get me the rational "sticker"?

Exactly... Other than with lore or int, people will actually regard you as a logical person.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Yes I am German :) if the statements are to believed there are quite a few Germans around here.

Stealth if find personally not that useful. But you might increase it to 2 or 3 in early game to make things but easier for you (placing traps and not getting detected, scouting). Consider making one dedicated scout (high stealth) if you use scouting a lot in early game. I'd also make one of your front liners your mechanics guy... It's very valuable cause he'll detect traps before the party gets even close (as opposed to for example having a back row ranger with mechanics finding the traps quite late). For athletic, same goes like for stealth: really not that important, but early on especially as a somewhat new player it is quite useful (second wind). Try having it at 2-3 for back row and 3-4 for front row... This early on it can turn fights.

Peronallly, I value Lore (also for frontliners... Nothing like opening a fight with 6 crackling bolts rushing at the enemy ;) ), then survival (switch for one guy with mech).

For solo mech is much more crucial btw

So... Yeah

Have fun :)

Any more questions go ahead :)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

No worries Frankfurter ;) (am Main, beautiful city) 

Tbh I'd like to be the one who detect the traps, and since the opening rifle shot is always mine, the tactic would be.

Scout ahead, detect enemies or eventual traps or secrets, close in with weaker enemy (prolly caster) fire the sneak attack crippling shot. Usually dead.

The rest would be reloading and possibly escaping the fray... :)

It is a very nice "city" (more of an extremely urban big village though ;) ). But I do really love Italy... You guys have such a rich history (far more centuries to cover ;) ).

So I understand correctly that you want to have your rouge at the front when walking around? Cause that's when traps suddenly appear... But yes, a rouge is an obvious choice for a scout. :)

And everybody knows

So I understand correctly that you want to have your rouge at the front when walking around? Cause that's when traps suddenly appear... But yes, a rouge is an obvious choice for a scout. :)

Yeah, I thought so... but then again... what's the alternative? I still don't have the expansion so no Caroc... and then... the only one who has a little mech is Durance (a priest who unlocks doors etc... meh...) I thought of an almost equal division between mech, surv, and lore... am I spreading too thin?

Having enough lore for AoE scrolls on your frontliners is also so valuable... Even if you don't want to invest into it heavily consider spending 6 points throughout the game... You can have early on fan of flames with 2 lore, later on rolling flame with 4 lore and in te end cracklings bolt with 6 lore. Not a huge investment and it pays of.

And everybody knows

Another tipp: disable auto levelling for companions. Then they'll be at level one and you can level them up until your own level right when you meet them. Very useful option. About roleplay frontline mechanics... Kana maybe but if you want him in the back maybe Pallegina?

• Like 1

And everybody knows

i didn't know I could level them up on my own, great tip! ;) 

As for Kana, I keep him in the back, speeding firearms up.. with ila's chant.

Dunno... maybe I'll do it. Lore 6 is no great investment, the rest can be equally divided between mech and surv, with slight advantage on mech maybe...

I still have to try this char a bit more intensively, cos right now you know... i have the disappointer equipped..hahah!