If anyone can do it, it's Obsidian... [Darklands Reboot]

warhaven

In my opinion, perhaps the greatest CRPG to grace the computer in 90s.  Epic artwork, music, complexity, depth, and NWN-style combat.  Sadly, MPS Labs only ever released the Germany portion of the game.  MPS had plans to release a France, Portugal, and Spain expansion but the game's initial sales didn't convince the investors -- largely do to bugs in the initial release.  I'm sure some of the developers at Obsidian have played this game, as Pillars of Eternity seemed to borrow more than a few aspects from Darklands.

In any event, I (and many others, to be sure) would love, love, love, LOVE to see a faithful port/reboot of the game on the modern engine used by Pillars... but only if Obsidian did it, as I know they're the only people that could do it justice.

Please consider?  :D

• Like 1

Josh Sawyer has talked about his intention to do a historical RPG after he's done with his current project (codename Project Louisiana, most likely Pillars of Eternity 2.) It most likely won't play like Darklands or even be set in the same historical period and geographical location, but the guy is a big Darklands fan, so I'm sure at least some of that philosophy will seep in.

• Like 2

Think I'd rather he left the Dark Ages and the times around it behind and did something with the industrial revolutions of some 100-200 years ago.

I can't get myself interested in yet more sword'n board style of games.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Think I'd rather he left the Dark Ages and the times around it behind and did something with the industrial revolutions of some 100-200 years ago.

I can't get myself interested in yet more sword'n board style of games.

Steampunk? Arcanum spiritual successor?

^I know mr. Boyarsky and mr. Cain would love that

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.