The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript

• Like 3

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript

I dont understand? Is this is the legal response to closing down Breitbart?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Correct Bruce. If you don't like it, don't read it. You don't get to make that choice for someone else.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hilzilla and her fellow globalist Ryan (or Pelosi, since Republicans voters may stay home this time), are going to legalize 30 million illegals, assuring that Democrats will never again be out of power. Not that they need it anymore, because of all the US citizen children of illegals and also legal immigrants, and illegals themselves breaking the law by voting. The open borders she wants with a bunch of third world Latin American countries assures we're heading toward third world status ourselves. Add to that a Supreme Court which won't enforce any law or protect anyone's rights, unless you're in a designated victim group, and the future looks very bleak to me. Look at any Democrat run entity, Illinois, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore to see what's in store for the country.

In other news, Hilzilla's campaign already threatening to shut down Breitbart: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/18/hillary-campaign-vows-to-destroy-opposition-website/

Oh no.. they say she's got to go. Go go Hilzilla. Wooo ooo hoo ooo.

I can do this all day! :lol:

You guys wont believe this but I think I have just had an epiphany around how most of you Americans feel about  free speech  8)

I was about to say that Breitbart should be closed because it is so divisive and basically encourages bigotry, I was then going to say i have no problem with reasonable right wing websites but they need to take some responsibility for what they say 

But then I thought, if you close down  Breitbart now what is next? Who decides what is acceptable ?

So you cannot close anything down...am I right about understanding the US idea of free speech in this case?

Congratulations Bruce, you're starting to get it. May be you'll become a conservative in a year or two.

Edit: Btw, GD, there's plenty of second amendment cases already heading to the Supreme Court, Hilzilla's court will have plenty of chance to throw out the whole thing in any one of them: https://www.thetrace.org/2016/03/important-gun-rights-questions-supreme-court-might-answer/

Edit2: Speaking of doom: http://www.hoover.org/research/americas-civilizational-paralysis

Edited by Wrath of Dagon
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

@WoD, three of those four concern State level regulation. I'm a little more predisposed to letting the States handle which weapons should or should not be allowed and under what conditions they can be owned. Remember the heart of the Heller case was total prohibition. That is the ultimate aim of the left and that is why Heller and Macdonald were so important because they assert an individual right to firearm ownership. Not an absolute right to be sure but good enough. The residents of the States in question have a lot more influence over their State Houses and can participate in passing or defeating such laws. And if such a law passes and is found intolerable by the people of the state they can recall their legislator, vote in a new governor or move to another State. Those options don't really exist when it's Uncle Sam's heavy boot on your neck.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

@WoD, three of those four concern State level regulation. I'm a little more predisposed to letting the States handle which weapons should or should not be allowed and under what conditions they can be owned. Remember the heart of the Heller case was total prohibition. That is the ultimate aim of the left and that is why Heller and Macdonald were so important because they assert an individual right to firearm ownership. Not an absolute right to be sure but good enough. The residents of the States in question have a lot more influence over their State Houses and can participate in passing or defeating such laws. And if such a law passes and is found intolerable by the people of the state they can recall their legislator, vote in a new governor or move to another State. Those options don't really exist when it's Uncle Sam's heavy boot on your neck.

Doesn't matter, they can simply rule that states can do whatever they want because second amendment is a collective right, not an individual one, which is the liberal judicial position.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

CuvobY1WIAAqmIl.jpg

Stick to your kiddie exercise programs.

But Beyonce is a role model for many women

http://www.marieclaire.co.za/hot-topics/gugulethu-mhlungu-on-the-immense-power-of-beyonce

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Er..BLM is a domestic TERROR group? :p of

Well I think BLM IS a terrorist group:

21WIRE-08-BLM-Bundy-April-12-14-GMN-Copy

Oh... wait, you meant Black Lives Matter? Sorry, I was referring to the Bureau of Land Management

Dude in the hat is trying too hard.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

CuvobY1WIAAqmIl.jpg

Stick to your kiddie exercise programs.

Why do you think this comparison works ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trump, Hilzilla, and her husband are all horrible examples for children, that's not the issue. Forget a president we can be proud of, I'd settle for one who's not a criminal.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

Being proud of one's own sexuality and being proud of one's ability to get away of molesting other people because they are famous are at least to me very different things even though they both have their roots in sex, as first is about person's right over their own body and second is person right over somebody else's body.

"You guys wont believe this but I think I have just had an epiphany around how most of you Americans feel about  free speech  8)

I was about to say that Breitbart should be closed because it is so divisive and basically encourages bigotry, I was then going to say i have no problem with reasonable right wing websites but they need to take some responsibility for what they say 

But then I thought, if you close down  Breitbart now what is next? Who decides what is acceptable ?

So you cannot close anything down...am I right about understanding the US idea of free speech in this case?"

HOLY ****! You figured out the common sense logic on why people oppose censorship at such a hardcore level.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So the presidential candidate can be replaced if he withdraws: http://teachinghistory.org/history-content/ask-a-historian/20431

Perhaps they can convince Trump if he fails to present the exculpatory evidence his campaign claims to have.

So let me see if I understand this correctly. The Republicans are essentially afraid that they will lose the next election, the one for the house of representatives because the Trump Campaign is so divisive and such bad PR for anyone calling themselves Republicans. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Who the heck even knows anymore Gorgon. This is like monkeys playing rugby.

Thomas Sowell

Perhaps they can convince Trump if he fails to present the exculpatory evidence his campaign claims to have.

There's no way he can have exculpatory evidence though. That's the nature of historical accusations- they may be true or they may be false, but they're near impossible to prove false. Proving that you, say, weren't on a particular flight 30 days ago is a whole lot easier than proving you weren't on a flight 30 years ago, and any witnesses are almost certain to have forgotten. At that point it's just he said/ she said. And while there's an outside chance you might get proof for one accusation you aren't going to get it for multiple ones.