The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

Which is fine, but the way people react when they notice is comical. Given the base level of being two faced in people, it is easy to get the sense that honesty is just a hammer.

Saw this when I was on my way out, was kind of funny.

That women, the Trump supporter,  is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of  institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better. Its like she has been conditioned to believe a certain narrative that basically says " men are superior to women  " 

It's utterly false.

Women are superior in giving birth to babies compared to men.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"That women, the Trump supporter,  is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of  institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better. Its like she has been conditioned to believe a certain narrative that basically says " men are superior to women  " 

Look at the mansplainer. Woman has a different opinion than him so he trashes her and calls her a moron and other nasty stuff. Why so sexist?

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"That women, the Trump supporter,  is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of  institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better. Its like she has been conditioned to believe a certain narrative that basically says " men are superior to women"

yeah, yeah

just grab her by the ****

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That women, the Trump supporter,  is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of  institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better.

mansplain harder bruce  :lol:

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

You should grab her by the **** Bruce.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Is it my turn to tell Bruce to screw off yet? I've waited patiently in line.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

That women, the Trump supporter, is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better.

mansplain harder bruce :lol:

Isn't that ally talk ? :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That women, the Trump supporter, is disgraceful to the cause of gender equality. She is a product of decades of institutionalized sexism and misogyny....she doesn't know any better.

mansplain harder bruce :lol:

Isn't that ally talk ? :lol:

#realalliesdon'tmansplain 

:lol: 

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

To be a bit serious, not even sure what that means any more. Have seen it used if a man explains ANYTHING to a woman even if it is something she is unclear on. :p

But that Trump lady is....special. Be surprised if Trump would even heed the Almighty :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The general election is less than a month away. Donald Trump is double digits behind Hillary Clinton in most polls, and single digit behind in the remaining few. No presidential candidate has ever recovered from that far behind at this late in the game, and then gone on to win the general election.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

The general election is less than a month away. Donald Trump is double digits behind Hillary Clinton in most polls, and single digit behind in the remaining few. No presidential candidate has ever recovered from that far behind this late in the game, and then gone on to win the general election.

What's interesting though is that there's obvious media bias for Clinton, so can we even trust the polls...? I mean if you look at polls by media outlet for who won the second debate, you see the same pattern of FOX claiming Trump won by a mile while CNN claims Clinton won by a mile, then when I check the most neutral or obscure sources I can find they're split 50-50. Besides, Brexit was lagging behind in polls, wasn't it?

The thing about this election is anything can happen. Tomorrow either candidate could have a leaked video of them hiring a hitman on somebody. Trump might say he thinks the Irish smell awful and lose 15 percentage points. Hillary might pass out or another wikileaks batch might have something damning and she might lose 10 points. About three weeks ago Clinton was lagging in critical swing states despite a higher popular vote percentage. Think then she fainted, fast forward to now and it's been Trump's turn to screw up for the past while. Will Hillary get another turn? Hell even if she does, Hillary might lose 7 points on something, but then it may not matter if the general election is as rigged as the democratic primary.

I for one am very curious to see the outcome, and to see how the end result compares to all the polling that's gone on pre-election.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

I like how Trump is only leading the LA Times poll, with California one of the most librul states.

The LA Times national poll uses a specific model that favours Republicans. It's more valuable to pay attention to the trend instead of heeding the specific numbers. The trend for Trump, even in that poll, is negative.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What's interesting though is that there's obvious media bias for Clinton, so can we even trust the polls...? I mean if you look at polls by media outlet for who won the second debate, you see the same pattern of FOX claiming Trump won by a mile while CNN claims Clinton won by a mile, then when I check the most neutral or obscure sources I can find they're split 50-50. Besides, Brexit was lagging behind in polls, wasn't it?

Not just Brexit, the last election result in Britain was outside of polling predictions, as was the recent Colombian Peace referendum where polls all had 'Yes' winning comfortably, most by 2:1, but 'No' ended up winning narrowly. Plus of course there were all those exit polls in the Democratic Primary where it turned out most of the people voted Hillary but said they voted Bernie for some reason.

Polling is inaccurate in situations where the polled are conditioned to be 'embarrassed' to say who they'd vote for. So if you have a CNN poll, and CNN is stridently pro Hillary/ anti Trump then people who would vote Trump won't say so; and that's true to a lesser extent even if you use a 3rd party neutral/ 'neutral' polling organisation. There's certainly some of that going on, how much is the open question.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

After the last days of denouncements from several republicans, the general atmosphere in the GOP is encapsulated in this video: (goddamn how i love to headbang to that one)

All while the Trump's behaviour can be described in the following video:

https://youtu.be/JvdT4wFh0tQ?t=42

I thoroughly entertained by this election.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

After the last days of denouncements from several republicans, the general atmosphere in the GOP is encapsulated in this video: (goddamn how i love to headbang to that one)

All while the Trump's behaviour can be described in the following video:

https://youtu.be/JvdT4wFh0tQ?t=42

I thoroughly entertained by this election.

Oh who am i kidding, the general feeling at the GOP is probably more like:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Not that expect Trump to win, but the polls right now factor in the tape revelation, but not the last debate.

The polls still don't factor fully the tape revelation and the debate probably won't be good in the polls for Trump. As I understand it the press conference he did with the Bill Clinton victims went down like a rock with women, which is the demographic that's screwing him over in the polls right now.

That being said I don't think Electoral college results from polling will get worse than what they currently are for Trump. At worst Arizona will flip to Clinton, but that's more or less meaningless at this point. Clinton is already sweeping practically all swing states.

Anyway, what's interesting now is how all the current GOP brouhaha will affect the Senate and the House. In particular, if the GOP lost the House it would be a party ending upset of apocalyptic proportions.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

has Hillary blamed another 12 year old rape victim for asking for it lately? Diabloical. Has the Dahnald said something asanine since the debate? Thee two. L0L Neither one should be getting any votes. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The general election is less than a month away. Donald Trump is double digits behind Hillary Clinton in most polls, and single digit behind in the remaining few. No presidential candidate has ever recovered from that far behind at this late in the game, and then gone on to win the general election.

Yes this is very relevant, he is way behind in the polls and its unlikely he will win. This is the expected outcome considering how the Trump campaign has conducted itself 

The general election is less than a month away. Donald Trump is double digits behind Hillary Clinton in most polls, and single digit behind in the remaining few. No presidential candidate has ever recovered from that far behind this late in the game, and then gone on to win the general election.

What's interesting though is that there's obvious media bias for Clinton, so can we even trust the polls...? 

LK please stop using places like Reddit as your source of information, that just leads to constant confusion where you never seem to understand whats going on  or you question actual data that is relevant and you ask questions like " who can we trust ....can we trust the polls  " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What's interesting though is that there's obvious media bias for Clinton, so can we even trust the polls...? 

LK please stop using places like Reddit as your source of information, that just leads to constant confusion where you never seem to understand whats going on  or you question actual data that is relevant and you ask questions like " who can we trust ....can we trust the polls  " ?

I'm sorry but this has to be the third time I've seen this and it's starting to get on my nerves. Maybe a month ago I said "btw guys I visit reddit" and suddenly there's this narrative that I'm this die-hard redditor that shares all the faults of the website? That's a bogus sort of argument and you idiots know it. How about you judge me based on the things I say rather than judging me by the things people say in communities I'm a part of? Besides, did I not give my big honking speech about how I hate their formatting and downvote system (encourages echo chambers for days) and begrudgingly visit the site simply because it's a good central hub for news and info? Part of understanding an election is understanding voter sentiment, and I got news for you, that website has a lot of opinions floating around it. Hell yes I'm gonna thumb through it.

Secondly, I'd just like to point out that this criticism is coming from some members of the humble Obsidian off-topic section. A subforum sooooooooo diverse that collectively, we haven't got a single vagina voicing opinions in it! Wow! You're right guys, I really should ditch major websites. Why would I ever need to read those when I've clearly got every opinion and reasonable input I could possibly need on this website?! And imagine if I tried to do the same you're doing to me and claim any member here automatically shares the opinions, mannerisms and general world philosophies of all members of this community. If I characterized any one of you based on you simply having the audacity to visit and/or participate in this community, between Volourn, oby, Leferd, Sharp_one, Gronmir and you Bruce, we'd get some sort of weird ass bastard child that only links statistics about how foreigners are all Nazis unddeserving of GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA because they don't respect women properly by purchasing their prostitution services, all while talking like some ogre video game character (or whatever it is he's imitating). It'll only get weirder as we add more, too.

Finally? Bruce, everyone knows Hillary Clinton could take a big giant dump in a 4-month old infant's mouth on live television and you'd believe the CNN story that it's all a Russian conspiracy or that the infant was actually a Russian spy about to assassinate Obama.

Here, have a video comparing wikileaks emails to an interview that took place back in ~January. I FOUND IT ON REDDIT:

Not trustworthy because reddit? Okay here you go Bruce, I imagine you'd be a fan of the Young Turks. Here's a video that was in my suggested vids just this morning:

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1