The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

L0L  How many times have I said that trump is trash? Doesn't change the fact that Hillary has laughed at rape victims. *shrug* They are both trash. Any more unarmed balcks murdered by scumbag police under Hillary we Clinton's  watch today? Any more wars started on her behalf?

Im not convinced, its not always clear with you. You always seem to dispute his sexism ....but thats fine at least now you can see its undeniable

After this bombshell I am expecting more members to recognize his sexism. As they said on CNN we all have wives, sisters, daughters, mothers or maybe girlfriends....it should be uncompromising our criticism 

Personally I don't think any less of Trump after hearing his unguarded comments than I did before. If I had zero regard for him before I certainly can't have less now. Of course, nothing he said makes Hillary Clinton any more desirable as a President. And vice versa. Which really is the problem this year isn't it?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

All I can say is thank God you choose a career in software sales and not politics.

mmm.....you have raised another point unintentionally. I would have to have a degree of moderation on forums to reduce this type of criticism and recalcitrance....it spreads like contagion 

Of course this moderation would not  be draconian but you guys have to learn to take responsibility for what we say  :grin: Gee imagine that GD,  a world where we just become aware words matter but the end result is peace and prosperity

Or maybe  I should stick to  software sales ?    ;)

I fail to see how the ruthless suppression of independent thought will lead to peace and prosperity. At best it leads to stagnation and worst, fear and tyranny. Peace and prosperity can't be created at gunpoint. I don't know if you have ever read 1984 but I have a feeling you might regard Oceania as a model state. It is an interesting dichotomy you are presenting here. You are someone who seems to genuinely care about human rights but if it were all up to you the most basic of those rights would be denied.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

L0L  How many times have I said that trump is trash? Doesn't change the fact that Hillary has laughed at rape victims. *shrug* They are both trash. Any more unarmed balcks murdered by scumbag police under Hillary we Clinton's  watch today? Any more wars started on her behalf?

Im not convinced, its not always clear with you. You always seem to dispute his sexism ....but thats fine at least now you can see its undeniable

After this bombshell I am expecting more members to recognize his sexism. As they said on CNN we all have wives, sisters, daughters, mothers or maybe girlfriends....it should be uncompromising our criticism 

Personally I don't think any less of Trump after hearing his unguarded comments than I did before. If I had zero regard for him before I certainly can't have less now. Of course, nothing he said makes Hillary Clinton any more desirable as a President. And vice versa. Which really is the problem this year isn't it?

No, you guys really have to stop comparing him to Clinton. Its a poor analogy, please dont let me get Enoch involved again as you know how he makes compelling and unwanted comments you cannot ignore. GD I'm watching you :)

He has no moral fibre and is an embarrassment . Even Republicans are leaving him..I have to say Chaffetz makes a lot of sense. He seems like a nice guy and speaks fondly of his family. I like him  :thumbsup:

But to say they are same .....its disingenuous and lacks validity? lets see what others think 

https://truthkings.com/congressmen-jason-chaffetz-pulls-trump-endorsement/#

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No, you guys really have to stop comparing him to Clinton. Its a poor analogy, please dont let me get Enoch involved again as you know how he makes compelling and unwanted comments you cannot ignore. GD I'm watching you :)

He has no moral fibre and is an embarrassment . Even Republicans are leaving him..I have to say Chaffetz makes a lot of sense. He seems like a nice guy and speaks fondly of his family. I like him  :thumbsup:

But to say they are same .....its disingenuous and lacks validity? lets see what others think 

I didn't say they were the same. I didn't compare the two. What do scorpions and the zika virus have in common? Nothing except you don't want either of them around. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I fail to see how the ruthless suppression of independent thought will lead to peace and prosperity.

Man, lucky you've never worked for a large corporation :p
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't say they were the same. I didn't compare the two. What do scorpions and the zika virus have in common? Nothing except you don't want either of them around. 

GD please respond to this as this is real and relevant to the US now

I have mentioned several times on this forum that Russia is surreptitiously targeting the USA in different ways like hacking the DNC.  This was ignored or dismissed by most of you guys but I assumed it was because Hilary was the target 

You remember how Zora made his usual " hand waving "  ....oh yes now Russia is being blamed. Its interesting how he has become more discreet about his absolute support for Russia  but is quite prepared to say something like " its not possible Russia is behind this  " . So always remember if I ever leave these forums " Zora has an agenda, he is anti-USA "  :geek: 

And guess what, proof that Russia was indeed behind the attacks, does this not concern you ?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/russia-conducted-wiki-hack-says-u-s-intelligence.html?mid=full-rss-di&mid=full-rss-di

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/784477443205767168/photo/1

"   

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Of course it concerns me. It pisses me off. But you know the funny thing about letting skeletons out of the closet? If there were none in there it's not that big a deal. I notice how upset you are with Russian hackers interfering with the election (by exposing the Democrats interfering with the election) but you can't seem to gin up as much disgust over Hillary Clinton exposing actual state secrets through her "reckless" use of private e-mail. It also does not seem to bother you that the President told us all he did not know about it until the news media exposed it, but he did in fact e-mail her on it hundreds of times. Perhaps Zora is not the only on rooting for a "team" here, hmm?

Thomas Sowell

I fail to see how the ruthless suppression of independent thought will lead to peace and prosperity.

It's easier to put up with when you're being paid to do it!

Thomas Sowell

Of course it concerns me. It pisses me off. But you know the funny thing about letting skeletons out of the closet? If there were none in there it's not that big a deal. I notice how upset you are with Russian hackers interfering with the election (by exposing the Democrats interfering with the election) but you can't seem to gin up as much disgust over Hillary Clinton exposing actual state secrets through her "reckless" use of private e-mail. It also does not seem to bother you that the President told us all he did not know about it until the news media exposed it, but he did in fact e-mail her on it hundreds of times. Perhaps Zora is not the only on rooting for a "team" here, hmm?

Obviously I am supporting the USA, but Clinton as  a president ,....its always the USA but Zora supports Russia who is actively undermining your country. You should be much more concerned with Russia than Clinton ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-statement-audio-bill-clinton-women-2016-10

No I dont accept his apology and most women aren't either 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I'm pretty impressed with the apology.  Trump has spent a fair amount of time doubling down on his shtick, so this was a refreshing change.  It seems to be the first time he has recognized his flaws, and that's important.  

• Like 1

The dems will eventually have to lay off the "muh raycism and smexsim" charges and assess Donald's proposed policy changes. Might behoove them to try that before he's president.

First, they are not charges, they are recorded fact. Second and more important, his supposed policies regarding immigration and foreign policy are stupid and naive at best. At worst his proposed policies are racist and dangerous to America and the world at large. Build a wall and deport all Muslims come to mind.

I'm pretty impressed with the apology.  Trump has spent a fair amount of time doubling down on his shtick, so this was a refreshing change.  It seems to be the first time he has recognized his flaws, and that's important.

And there's the massively low bar. Trump did something my 9 year old learned to do 2 years ago. So impressive.

• Like 4

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah,  I suppose. His surrogates said the same thing but it just shows what a low bar we have set for Trump because finally after all his refusals to apologize and his constant sexist comments he .....finally decides to apologize for these insulting comments/. Here is a another apology he made, the latest one ...not sure what one you watch

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/index.html

• Like 1

John Milton 

The dems will eventually have to lay off the "muh raycism and smexsim" charges and assess Donald's proposed policy changes. Might behoove them to try that before he's president.

First, they are not charges, they are recorded fact. Second and more important, his supposed policies regarding immigration and foreign policy are stupid and naive at best. At worst his proposed policies are racist and dangerous to America and the world at large. Build a wall and deport all Muslims come to mind.

And there's the massively low bar. Trump did something my 9 year old learned to do 2 years ago. So impressive.

I used the same words " low bar  ".....its uncanny but we seem to have similar thoughts on what is considered offensive. That's unusual for me 

John Milton 

So you'd be okay with it if the government introduced guaranteed basic income?  :lol:

• Like 2

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

So you'd be okay with it if the government introduced guaranteed basic income?  :lol:

Good point Alum, GD the ball is in  your court    :biggrin:

John Milton 

Sometimes life imitates a sitcom. Men being publicly offended by what other men say to each other in private and as soon as the women walk out of the room they make the very same jokes to each other.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hahahaha

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/1766

Reality is better than X-Files.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sometimes life imitates a sitcom. Men being publicly offended by what other men say to each other in private and as soon as the women walk out of the room they make the very same jokes to each other.

:lol:  are you referring to us ?

John Milton 

:lol:  are you referring to us ?

I was thinking more of the public figures from GOP.

Was this jem posted already? (atleast the link itself was)

“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Other than the whole naive, kumbaya feel of the quote, what's wrong with it? Sounds like something Sanders and Stein supporters would get behind of.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Other than the whole naive, kumbaya feel of the quote, what's wrong with it? Sounds like something Sanders and Stein supporters would get behind of.

It's always easy to dream that way when you can do it on other people's money. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

What did The Comedian say about real life again?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784545882838622208

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy