The US Election 2016, Part VIII

Pidesco

The real issue is that everyone with a Shaw quote in their signature is a Stalinist.

and if you don't believe it, wod can link you to articles written by joshua goldberg.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/09/11/florida-man-plotted-sept-11-attack-in-kansas-city-fbi-says/

gonna be a long time 'fore the funny wears off o' this one.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hockey fans only stab people with skate blades, to be clear.  

Remind me to never ask a Hockey fan to clarify his/her point...!

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just to make the point clear, when i refer to "Stalinism", i refer to the intelligentia in the 60's and 70's, mockingly called "Taistoists" in Finland. They were apologists for everything Stalin did, were pro-soviet and fought for the very same issues as the SJWs do today and finally went so far as to declaring fairy tales&comics for children being capitalistic subversion. They held quite the political and cultural power. I am quite sure it was the same in all of the western world during the same time period.

Of course Stalin would've have them first in line against the wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taistoism

Scroll down to find Linus Torvalds father.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sorry everyone. I think I started the Stalinist rant with a quote two pages ago Then I poked the bear with the brown shirt comment. That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. It was not a Stalinist plot to get WoD on a Stalinist kick!

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Let's all play Red Alert

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry everyone. I think I started the Stalinist rant with a quote two pages ago Then I poked the bear with the brown shirt comment. That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. It was not a Stalinist plot to get WoD on a Stalinist kick!

But, but it's so fun! :(

In other news, Mr. Guccifer has some info on the Clinton Foundation: 

https://twitter.com/GUCCIFER_2/status/783383503723429888/photo/1

https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/clinton-foundation/

There's a folder called "Pay to Play"  :lol:  :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You'd think they'd be a bit more subtle.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You'd think they'd be a bit more subtle.

Apparently it is info on Republicans

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/783411840990769152

Of course, why various parties are telling the truth is a good question

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's just what a Stalinist would say.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's just what a Stalinist would say.

am pretty certain that the girl scouts would qualify as stalinist based on wod definition...  and not just the evil, tim curry 'girl' scouts.

Tim%2B%25288%2529.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I knew it! Pre-teen girls in green uniforms selling cookies that, while they don't taste all that good, are strangely addictive. Diabolical!

But thanks to Gromnir and WoD I'm on to them now. I'll have to take matters into my own hands to foil this Stalinist plot!

Thomas Sowell

Another similarity with Stalinism, people were encouraged to rat each other out: http://thetab.com/us/columbia/2016/10/01/i-was-reported-for-gender-misconduct-for-calling-myself-handsome-in-class-2611

Although they didn't bother with re-education, they just shot you.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

uqTTUfj.jpg

Interestingly enough Pence went off message from Trump and thought Assad's force (or what's left of them) shouldn't miss out on the JDAM fun.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

uqTTUfj.jpg

Interestingly enough Pence went off message from Trump and thought Assad's force (or what's left of them) shouldn't miss out on the JDAM fun.

http://www.thewrap.com/cnn-instant-poll-hands-debate-victory-to-mike-pence-over-tim-kaine/

So the general consensus is Pence won the debate over Kaine. This doesn't change people's view on who to vote for in the presidential debate as it applies to VP only 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You know I don't think I've ever seen any of you and Stalin at the same time

Or at all but that's neither here nor there

Dead you say? Or is that what they just want you to think?

****, you found me out. Guess it's the gulag for you.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

uqTTUfj.jpg

http://www.thewrap.com/cnn-instant-poll-hands-debate-victory-to-mike-pence-over-tim-kaine/

So the general consensus is Pence won the debate over Kaine. This doesn't change people's view on who to vote for in the presidential debate as it applies to VP only 

Probably not. Now if Pence were the Presidential Candidate it might. Probably best not think of roads not taken. It will only depress us further.

Thomas Sowell

uqTTUfj.jpg

Probably not. Now if Pence were the Presidential Candidate it might. Probably best not think of roads not taken. It will only depress us further.

I meant to  agree with you earlier and say I think Pence would be a better choice for president for the GOP, he has real control of his emotions and makes certain  cogent points. Its a pity he had to spend a fair amount of time depending Trump in the VP debate. You noticed he didnt allow himself to get distracted by some of  Kaines valid comments about what Trump has been saying. I do think he is a better candidate than Trump

I really like Kaine but I dont think he is the better or stronger choice for the Democrats than Hilary 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela