Custom Portraits.. how to?

Hi all, been searching a bit around the threads, and found many posts that spoke about WHERE to find portraits, but nothing on the HOW to use them with the game. Please forgive me if I've been too quick to ask, I may have overlooked the thread, but I'm at work now, and it's 4.30 am...:)

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

If you already have the portraits, then you just need to find your 'Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player' folder and drop them in the male or female folder in this location. If you are using the steam version it will be in your steamapps folder somewhere like this 'Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common'

Edited by jnb0364
  • Like 3

Just tried it, it's amazing! Plain easy and fast.. now the problem is... I can't find any decent dwarf on the web... sigh... just wanted a dwarven ranger....

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Go to deviantart.com. Search for "dwarf ranger" and "dwarf crossbow", "dwarf marksman", "dwarf assassin" and so on. Plenty of great artwork (and loads of crap, too ;)).

And google's picture search reveals some great pictures if you search for "dwarf ranger" etc. (the following is my favorite - 100% boar ranger :)):

JSZ5Ahd.jpg

This one I also really like - that great hairdo:

dwarven_marksman_by_m_hugo-d7htr7r.jpg

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The first is amazing! Even though I'll never find a boar outfit in the game... I'll try to visit the site you gave me, thanks.

Hope Obs work on some more portraits for POE 2 . There is a distinct lack of options for some races.

Elves, Humans and Dwarves can be found with a bit of searching, but the races distinct to Pillars, Orlans, Aumua and Godlike are a real pain, and in some cases you just can't find good portraits.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Here are my portraits that I made myself with the help of gimp when I absol. couldn't find anything that fit (I usually do):

male_aumaua_d_lg.png

male_godlike_death_z_lg.png

male_godlike_k_lg.png

male_godlike_moon_z_lg.png

male_human_z_lg.png

male_orlan_c_lg.png

All except the first one (island aumaua chanter) and the last (hearth orlan dw sabre rogue - my my very first MC) I used for an evil playthrough with a Bleak Walker as main - and most portraits of PoE are simply not evil looking. ;)

Not great pieces of art, but they did the job. When they are smaller - in the gui - they look ok.

Edit: I just remembered that the evil stag druid wasn't photoshopped by ne at all - I found the picture on deviantart.com and build a character around it instead! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well Boeroer, you see... the ones you just shown here, are the best type, those in which you only see the face. The game is also very limited in faces, beards and so on... so it's also difficult to make a char similar to his "portrait" counterpart...

Why? Just crop a nice picture so that only the face is on it. Resolution is good enough most of the time.

Already done... I found a beardy dwarf to my liking! ;) Thanks for the advices!

• Like 1

HIII again! As I'm now trying to make the aumaua buccaneer... I'm searching for aumaua portraits... what to say?? IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND! i know aumauas are just an exclusive of PoE but... a bit of love for poor sharpteeth aumauas is in order! ;)

Search for "half orc" or "orc" in Google

I could, but the stripes must be made, the teeth are not sharky and...well they're orcs...