[CLASS BUILD] The Gunslinger (PotD solo guns-only Chanter)

I'm really interested in this build, but knowing nothing about how to play a chanter, could you give me a breakdown of the first 5 levels (ie. what gear do you use, what spells and in what order etc.)?  Once past that point, the game seems to get much easier on PotD.

Thanks!

Check out the Act I section of the "Different act equipment and chant/invocation advice" heading, it gives the some early game advice. The Chants/Invocations/Talents listed in the build were my picks for particular levels.

Edited by Jojobobo

That's super helpful, I didn't see that before!  I'm still a bit lost as far as how to prepare them.  Do you usually have "Come, Come Soft Winds of Death" be the only one so it just repeats itself?  I see where it says the duration is 4 seconds for "At the Sight of..." and "Blessed Was..." but I don't see where it says how long it takes to chant them; is that what linger is?

Does your chant look something like: "At the Sight of..." > "Blessed Was..." > "Come, Come..." or stagger them like "At the Sight of..." > "Come, Come..." > "Blessed Was..." > "Come, Come..." ??

That's super helpful, I didn't see that before!  I'm still a bit lost as far as how to prepare them.  Do you usually have "Come, Come Soft Winds of Death" be the only one so it just repeats itself?  I see where it says the duration is 4 seconds for "At the Sight of..." and "Blessed Was..." but I don't see where it says how long it takes to chant them; is that what linger is?

Does your chant look something like: "At the Sight of..." > "Blessed Was..." > "Come, Come..." or stagger them like "At the Sight of..." > "Come, Come..." > "Blessed Was..." > "Come, Come..." ??

No I just had only Soft Winds of Death at the start, if you just put a single Phrase in a Chant it will repeat over and over. As Soft Winds of Death is fairly fast Phrase, it makes getting your Phantom invocation out even faster - and is kind of a necessity seeing as your DPS with guns is pretty shoddy early game (though of course that's all part of the fun).

Certainly Phrases are situationally useful, so you can have a few separate Chants prepared and use them when you need them sort of thing. Just Soft Winds of Death is good for quite some time though.