One month later....

And still no AD4. Watched the Q + A stream recording and I'm glad I didn't watch it live as more than half of it was just a tutorial walk-through. When it finally got to the Q + A portion, they never once addressed when AD4 was being released other than 'soon'. They've been saying it for a third of a year!

• Like 5

And still no AD4. Watched the Q + A stream recording and I'm glad I didn't watch it live as more than half of it was just a tutorial walk-through. When it finally got to the Q + A portion, they never once addressed when AD4 was being released other than 'soon'. They've been saying it for a third of a year!

Just look at the forums...all dominated by the new phone players. No need to push new content for a while as it's all new for them.

Pretty much the same as always...business decision says supporting the early adopters is at the bottom of the task list.

• Like 1

if getting in the new players helps the game and development team survive a little longer and allow them to provide more content in the future, then I think it was the right choice.

This.

I desperately want this game to live long enough to give me a Skull & Shackles (and the class-specific decks).

• Like 2

if getting in the new players helps the game and development team survive a little longer and allow them to provide more content in the future, then I think it was the right choice.

This.

I desperately want this game to live long enough to give me a Skull & Shackles (and the class-specific decks).

Not likely IMHO. Game has got about 3.5 stars on the Apple Store which makes it hard to attract paying customers or buzz. Maybe $25 for the bundle wasn't enough or not enough players bought it but to keep the momentum up I would have focused on supporting the customers who supported them rather than abandoning those paying customers to look for mass market appeal.

• Like 1

I admit I am disappointed -- I keep logging in a few times per day hoping to see a new post re AD4. In the meantime, it has been pretty fun looking at the new deck 4 cards by playing Quest with my level 40 characters -- a lot of the cards that are coming do look pretty cool!

If Obsidian is using the mobile platform as a dry run to work out all the kinks in their development framework to set up for a flawless release on Steam, where they'll rake in tons of money if the game is actually good and AD's don't take months to release, then I don't care what they do or how long it takes them to get things out. We'll eventually get S&S, Wrath, and even Mummy's Mask too.

If they're actually trying to make the game profitable on mobile, then shame on them. That's an incredibly stupid decision. As others have noted, the game has lackluster reviews and is never going to go anywhere. If they think they can actually make a mobile empire out of treasure chests and dice skins, their brains have melted. 

I am cautiously optimistic that Obsidian's upper managers are not total morons and are going for the strategically correct play here. :) (i.e., using the mobile version of Pathfinder Adventures as a sacrifice of sorts to set up for a brilliant Steam debut.)

• Like 2

A lot of the lackluster reviews are due to the bugs and lack of new content. I'll bet a lot of them are from early adopters who,are getting frustrated with these very issues. I'm with most of the people in the post that would like more than "it's coming someday and it will be good."

• Like 1

I re-logged in the forum after 2 weeks.

+ 20 threads in forum first 3 categories 

+100 threads in Technical Support

This forum is almost at a dead end as the the game at the moment... The amount of bs from "1 AD per month from June" to "just few weeks more"... and a bunch of fans still 'encouraging' an incompetent team of developers...

Board game is great and graphics is quite cool... that's why this app survives from month to month. Commercial flop after years of development and 6 months since release, no matter how many kids download a free app from stores. There are really better products and companies around just now, imagine in 2018. Really happy I haven't payed a penny yet. For a couple of months it has been funny, mostly learning a nice (board) game and talking of builds with this community. Now it is just offensive and embarrassing because I m a developer too..

So, just moving forward. I really hope for a miracle. They don't deserve that, but you do. Good bye all of you guys.

• Like 2

And it's October. This is just tragic.

I should find every post from the developers promising AD4 from the past 4 months and post them as a group just so that people understand how many empty promises tablet players and first backers have had to endure.

• Like 2

I am also highly disappointed by the frequency of updates, especially as there were several changes made to the microtransactions. Having bought the Rise of the Runelords Bundle at release, I was hoping to actually be able to play through the campaign at this point.

Yet, it is now October and there is no sign of AD4 appearing any time soon. Luckily, there are other ways to play the PACG with friends online.

Tragic?  It's a freaking game, for crying out loud.  What's tragic is the 5 year old child with no food to eat today and the even younger child that calls a trash heap his bed.  

What you have is a first world problem, nothing more.

• Like 3

Me?  Want all ADs for RotRL.  That's the important thing.  Then, I want the other games too.

Spent 25 for this and if I get nothing more than what I bought happy.  Want more, but got more than 25 bucks worth of fun so far.  Now just hoping they get enough return on investment to make more.

I hope they find a way to make this profitable. Personally I wouldn't mind if they just made it NOT free to play. Just maybe give away the basic intro 3 scenario one and maybe the 1st AD. Sell AD 2-6 as paid content. Forget the free to play stuff. I'd but all of them. S&S. WotR, and the upcoming Mummy's Mask. In fact. Let me pay like $99 for a lifetime subscription and as long as they keep plodding away for the next couple years I'd be happy.

I also am against the free to play concept. I think the first group of scenarios and characters should be free so players can decide whether or not to invest. After that, it is reasonable to charge for everything else in real money. There are few games out there with as hefty a price tag for the entire game that allow a free to play player to purchase EVERYTHING. Add in the problem of slow development of new updates and most of us that bought the game could have gotten everything by now just with the playing we have done while waiting for new decks. The developers are cheating themselves out of some decent money.

AND if all players had paid, then perhaps the gold system could be more generous and allow those legendary cards to show up easier and actually be able to play with them before the entire adventure finishes. I hate the idea of spending the $25 on the game, spending $2 per month on the daily gold (which i do just to continue to support the game) but then to have to buy additional chests when the few items i have left to see are almost all legendary -- just doesn't make sense and leaves me disappointed. 

• Like 1

Someone was stating that a low volume of posts in this forum is an indicator of poor growth.  Maybe it's just me but I don't know anyone personally that uses a phone or tablet app that participates in the dev forums.  Once they release on Steam for PC I'd expect the forums to get flooded with a bunch of drivel.  Enjoy the quiet while you can.

Tragic?  It's a freaking game, for crying out loud.  What's tragic is the 5 year old child with no food to eat today and the even younger child that calls a trash heap his bed.  

Tragedy, like most things in this world, is relative. What's happening, in relation to the way this game has been handled, how the tablet players have been lied to again and again and how AD4 has been delayed for 4 months, is tragic. It's made worse with people like you who come here and act all tolerant with Obsidian's mistreatment of loyal and paying customers and pretend that their **** doesn't stink.

• Like 1

Tragedy, like most things in this world, is relative. What's happening, in relation to the way this game has been handled, how the tablet players have been lied to again and again and how AD4 has been delayed for 4 months, is tragic. It's made worse with people like you who come here and act all tolerant with Obsidian's mistreatment of loyal and paying customers and pretend that their **** doesn't stink.

Actually, most "things in this world" aren't relative. Things (nouns) in particular tend to be objectively well-defined. A sizeable number of adjectives are quite subjective, though - tragedy among them. You are absolutely correct in that tragedy is an entirely subjective term.

For reference:

trag·ic
/trajik/

adjective: tragic
  1. 1.
    causing or characterized by extreme distress or sorrow.
    "the shooting was a tragic accident"

suffering extreme distress or sorrow.

"the tragic parents reached the end of their tether"

2. 2.
    of or relating to tragedy in a literary work.

If the delay of AD4 causes you extreme distress or sorrow, especially on the scale of a literary tragedy, then you are absolutely justified in describing the delays as tragic. You are, unfortunately, in a poor position to defend your problem as anything less than one of the "first world" variety.

An aside: if you'd care to defend your use of the word tragedy as meaning something along the lines of "very bad" due to popular usage, I'd direct you to what the late and esteemed mister George Carlin had to say about popular usage.